+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Thanks for the kind words @samikdg! WES did take time but their ECA reports were thorough and helped both my husband & I secure a Masters equivalency for Canada - and more than that we could hardly have hoped for! I’m confident your report, as well as your wife’s, will be worth the wait :)
Got my wife's ECA just now, at least they stuck to the committed date.
Was hoping against hope to get Masters equivalency for her BA+MA qualification, but got Bachelors (4 years) + PG Diploma (1 year) as predicted by others. Ah, well :/

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Got my wife's ECA just now, at least they stuck to the committed date.
Was hoping against hope to get Masters equivalency for her BA+MA qualification, but got Bachelors (4 years) + PG Diploma (1 year) as predicted by others. Ah, well :/
Awww :( They do end up giving PG Diploma (1 year) in quite a few cases I note :( Though an MA in India is a 2-year course, so would be fairer to give it a 2 years Masters equivalency...Wish the process was more transparent and there was a possibility of a dialogue between the WES team and us candidates!!!

Reactions: samikdg

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Is the verification applicable to all indian degree verification?

Does sending transcripts directly from the university make a difference?

Is there anyone on this forum that required verification despite the documents being sent directly from the university?
Well, going by the collective experiences of people who have posted on this thread, it appears so far that all MBA credentials (both degrees and diplomas) are under the scanner.

Since the issue happened after candidates had already sent their transcripts directly, it is tough to say if the verification may not have been applied had the institution sent the transcript directly. Most candidates do obtain their transcripts in person from their institutions and courier them across to WES to avoid delays if institutions send them late or via standard post.

However, to my mind, if the seal on transcript envelopes is intact and WES is still requesting the institution to verify the documents, it may not make a difference if the institution sends the transcript and certificate directly. Further, WES is requesting the Exams Officers or higher authority (such as Deans and Registrars) to verify documents, hence collusion between students and transcript teams may also be a potential issue that WES is trying to avoid running into.

Reactions: Bhatiasunny

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
I must thank you for your detailed reply. Would n indian bachelor's degree be verified in case there is a MBA from an English University - my Wife's situation where we have just been moved to reviewing evaluation stage. Any precedence for this?
Hmmm...we haven’t had any Bachelors degrees being placed under verification so far - at least not that we’ve heard of. And if your wife’s MBA is from a UK-based University, it’s again unlikely that she’ll have to go through the verification grind! You guys seem to be in the clear :) Do keep us posted in any case...

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Hi @rubals, have replied to you on the conversation thread. As such, the email ID should now be specified in a ‘Reply to’ field and will likely be along the lines of verifcaX@wes.org, where ‘X’ stands for the unique number assigned to your case. I believe the institute would have made the common mistake of replying to auto-sender@wes.org, which was the case with my husband’s institution as well! It’s the WES wording in their verification email that’s to blame - and your issuing institution would definitely need your guidance on how to respond.
Hey @Nishika22 this info was really helpful. So much we have to know and explain it to the uni. Ppl before sending the mail.

@Nishika22 @burm7793 @Jaywalker @musicholic
My uni. Ppl agreed to send a mail and now let’s see what wes reverts on that. Thanks a ton guys for all the details u shared. :) :)

Reactions: Nishika22

arora_mayank

Jul 15, 2018
Hi @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker you guys are doing a great job. Thanks in advance people.

After going through the thread in detail, I realise I am not alone in this crappy situation of being "on-hold". However, the misery situation I find myself all alone is that my MBA is from Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak. So far of whatever the posts I've read no body seems to have been from there.
A) Any idea as to how do the people at MDU handle the VDR enquiry?
B) My transcript did not have any e-mail ID mentioned, how can I figure out where have the WES people sent the e-mail?
C) How long should I wait before I should go to the university and start looking out for the right set of people?
D) Considering the university fellows reply within a week, will the whole process start again and will take another 20 days? (or even more!?!)

Any input that you may give should be of great help.

Thanks

Mayank

shanshajahan

Jun 22, 2015
I don't know why but my friend's status is still on hold. I believe WES has still not received the documents when it has been over 15 working days. IIT, Roorkee sent the documents via Indian post (stupid of them) and did not use the email option. Even if we want to try to do the email option, we cant cause the original documents have been sent via post. I have the tracking ID of the courier and tracked the package. It shows up the following details:

Jun 26, 2018
02:24 pm

Receive item at office of exchange (Otb)India Post International
DIMC NEW DELHI 110002

Jun 26, 2018
02:40 pm

Insert item into bag (Otb)India Post International
DIMC NEW DELHI 110002

These are the only details that pop up in tracking (I think they cannot track the courier once it leaves India). Can anyone help as to what should my friend do ahead? @samikdg @Jaywalker @Nishika22
Hi,
Has your friend's verification documents via post reached WES? My university has also done the same thing, by sending verification docs via indian snail post.

Could you please share the postal transit timeline, if his docs have reached WES?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker you guys are doing a great job. Thanks in advance people.

After going through the thread in detail, I realise I am not alone in this crappy situation of being "on-hold". However, the misery situation I find myself all alone is that my MBA is from Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak. So far of whatever the posts I've read no body seems to have been from there.
A) Any idea as to how do the people at MDU handle the VDR enquiry?
B) My transcript did not have any e-mail ID mentioned, how can I figure out where have the WES people sent the e-mail?
C) How long should I wait before I should go to the university and start looking out for the right set of people?
D) Considering the university fellows reply within a week, will the whole process start again and will take another 20 days? (or even more!?!)

Any input that you may give should be of great help.

Thanks

Mayank
@ans234 : Could you please help? I believe you mentioned MDU as your institution. @arora_mayank would really benefit from your experience, considering you successfully managed to move out from the ‘ON HOLD’ status :)

musicholic

Apr 19, 2018
Hi,
Has your friend's verification documents via post reached WES? My university has also done the same thing, by sending verification docs via indian snail post.

Could you please share the postal transit timeline, if his docs have reached WES?
Yes, they did. Just ask your university guy to provide you the tracking ID. You cant track beyond Indian borders (their tracking system only gets updated for within India movement). It did take a month to reach.

Sumeet36

Jul 15, 2018
Thank you very much @samikdg.
So in your case did PGP office sent the verification over a fresh email? And didn't WES question PGP office's authority?
Or the PGP office used the same thread of WES->Director->PGP office?
@Mkface03 ... I find myself in the similar situation. Have received a verification mail on Saturday. I am sure by now u must have cracked the process. I contacted the deans office and even the admin staff of FMS. Both of them have given a different story for such cases, albeit they haven't received the verification mail for me as of now. Will try again after a couple of days. However, it would be really helpful if you could let me know the process.

Thanks .

netcode

Nov 1, 2017
We are currently in this "on hold" boat with my wife's ECA.

Application submitted: 13 June 2018
Documents received: 20 June 2018
Status updated: 22 June 2018 to we are reviewing your documents

It was this way for a long time until the 6th July when I called WES and was told they can't confirm a completion date.

07 July 2018: On Hold. We are waiting for your institution to verify your documents.

She has contacted her school and they confirmed they haven't received any mail in any form from WES. We've tried to reach WES to find out how her school was contacted (email or post), what address was used, how can they reply and what address to be replied to?

All efforts have appeared futile.

Please advise. How do we proceed. It's almost a month and this wait is killing. Not knowing the status of things especially from the WES angle is the worst part of it

magento

Jun 5, 2018
We are currently in this "on hold" boat with my wife's ECA.

Application submitted: 13 June 2018
Documents received: 20 June 2018
Status updated: 22 June 2018 to we are reviewing your documents

It was this way for a long time until the 6th July when I called WES and was told they can't confirm a completion date.

07 July 2018: On Hold. We are waiting for your institution to verify your documents.

She has contacted her school and they confirmed they haven't received any mail in any form from WES. We've tried to reach WES to find out how her school was contacted (email or post), what address was used, how can they reply and what address to be replied to?

All efforts have appeared futile.

Please advise. How do we proceed. It's almost a month and this wait is killing. Not knowing the status of things especially from the WES angle is the worst part of it
pls read this thread to gain full information, to summarise WES sends an email and postal courier of copy of your transcripts which were sent to them and your school/ institute/ university has to reply via email or by postal courier saying that everything stated in that is true and verified. They must have received some communication and they need to reply to that only.

netcode

Nov 1, 2017
pls read this thread to gain full information, to summarise WES sends an email and postal courier of copy of your transcripts which were sent to them and your school/ institute/ university has to reply via email or by postal courier saying that everything stated in that is true and verified. They must have received some communication and they need to reply to that only.
I do understand the requirement. We have contacted the school and they have not received any message from WES concerning my wife's application, could it be that there was an error? I've tried to call WES to find out what email and/or postal address was used but couldn't get that information.

I seem to be in an unending pendulum swing between the school and WES as long as the school can't confirm its receipt and WES can't confirm who they sent a mail to.

ans234

Jun 20, 2018
@ans234 : Could you please help? I believe you mentioned MDU as your institution. @arora_mayank would really benefit from your experience, considering you successfully managed to move out from the ‘ON HOLD’ status :)
Sure

@arora_mayank ask Wes (through contact us page) to send the vdr to result1@mdurohtak.ac.in
And forward this link for validation
http://www.mdurohtak.ac.in/info/exam_branches.html

By default they send to Registrar email and it takes forever to go to result1 branch, where they actually handle Mba transcripts.

After wes confirm they have sent it, you need someone to follow up in R1 for them to reply

Good luck!!

arora_mayank

Jul 15, 2018
Sure

@arora_mayank ask Wes (through contact us page) to send the vdr to result1@mdurohtak.ac.in
And forward this link for validation
http://www.mdurohtak.ac.in/info/exam_branches.html

By default they send to Registrar email and it takes forever to go to result1 branch, where they actually handle Mba transcripts.

After wes confirm they have sent it, you need someone to follow up in R1 for them to reply

Good luck!!
Hi @ans234 !
Thanks a lot. As per your guidance, I've contacted the WES through the 'Contact Us' section on their website. But I guess as human as we are, I've got another set of queries now:
A) do the people at WES oblige and arrange to resend an email to result1@mdurohtak.ac.in on our request, before their 7 week and no response policy?
B) how long after I get a confirmation from WES(hopefully if I get one!) , should I start chasing the contact point at R1? How was your experience?
C) for a government university as MDU is, how long do they take to respond to the VDR email?
D) Finally, considering if the email has been sent to WES, how long do they take to deliver the final result?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Last edited: