+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

burm7793

Jun 2, 2018
Hey @Nishika22 this info was really helpful. So much we have to know and explain it to the uni. Ppl before sending the mail.

@Nishika22 @burm7793 @Jaywalker @musicholic
My uni. Ppl agreed to send a mail and now let’s see what wes reverts on that. Thanks a ton guys for all the details u shared. :) :)
@ashu_h_89 any updates ? what has WES updated as ECA date ? Please keep calling them. In my experience case only moves forward once you call customer service number and talk to them.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Finally received my ECA today and received the Master's equivalency for my BE + PGDM :)
Thanks a lot all you guys for keeping the overall spirit up and special thanks to @Jaywalker and @Nishika22 for your help! I sincerely hope all you super guys and girls who are still "On Hold" or In Progress, to get the ECA at the soonest and get your deserved equivalency.
Following is my ECA timeline to summarize:
Made payment and sent courier to WES through DHL - 23rd May
Documents received at WES as per DHL record - 25th May
Status changed to Documents Received - Under Review - 28th May
Status changed to On Hold for PGDM and Documents Accepted for BE - 6th June
After rounds of follow-up, second VDR email sent by WES - 22nd June
Verification email sent by institute to specific WES email ID - 26th June
Status changed to Evaluation report under review (with ECA due date of 18 July) - 27th June
Status changed to Order under Final Review - 17th July
ECA soft copy received - 18th July

PS: People who already received ECA last month, have you received the hard copy from WES yet? Any idea how long does it take via Regular Post (not Courier)?

ans234

Jun 20, 2018
Hi @ans234 !
Thanks a lot. As per your guidance, I've contacted the WES through the 'Contact Us' section on their website. But I guess as human as we are, I've got another set of queries now:
A) do the people at WES oblige and arrange to resend an email to result1@mdurohtak.ac.in on our request, before their 7 week and no response policy?
B) how long after I get a confirmation from WES(hopefully if I get one!) , should I start chasing the contact point at R1? How was your experience?
C) for a government university as MDU is, how long do they take to respond to the VDR email?
D) Finally, considering if the email has been sent to WES, how long do they take to deliver the final result?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
A)yes, mine took 8 days after contacting wes
B) start chasing now and find the contact there
C) normally they do, I sent them a laime question to test the email and to my surprise they replied well in 3-4 days.
But they really had hard time finding the wes email to respond, they replied to autosender first but I had to follow up several times to send to right email id
D) your counter will start from where it stopped in 20 days. For me 4 days after they got the email.

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
@ashu_h_89 any updates ? what has WES updated as ECA date ? Please keep calling them. In my experience case only moves forward once you call customer service number and talk to them.
Hey @burm7793
WES status states - Evaluation in progress (nothing else mentioned) rather the evaluation due date was 18th July 2018 but no updates.. :(

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Does the verification happen in the reviewing documents stage or is it possible that It happens after acceptance of documents prior to releasing the evaluation report
It has happened in both the stages in recent past. For few, it has happened just 1 day before the ECA due date after acceptance of documents.

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Does the verification happen in the reviewing documents stage or is it possible that It happens after acceptance of documents prior to releasing the evaluation report
Heya @Bhatiasunny
Verification can happen in any stage. The process of verification remains the same. We only get to know it once we check our account or we receive a VDR mail.

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Heya @burm7793
Thanks a lot bro, for helping me get clarity on Pune uni. process.
I finally received the ECA, wes set the due date as 18th July n later generated the eca but didn’t update my account n the account status showed in progress. Called the rep like you mentioned n that guy was really polite n generous enough to solve the issue asap.
This process took like 4 months..

Thanku so so much @burm7793 @Nishika22 @Jaywalker @musicholic for all the help you guys have done here. Means a lot !! Really thankful to this forum!!

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
@burm7793 @Nishika22 @Jaywalker @musicholic
Well, I need some advice from you guys. Wes eca result for me was Bachelors degree (4 yrs) n one year diploma.
My education is graduation (3yrs) from Mumbai uni. & full time 2 yrs MBA from pune uni. But I didnt receive Masters degree in the result. I’m not sure if that correct. Before asking wes the same I would like if u guys can advice me or share ur views on the same.
My CRS score with the Bachelors degree is quite low 429.
If would have got Masters, the score would have been better.
Pls help n guide if I shld start pnp side by side or ask wes to check n confirm.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@burm7793 @Nishika22 @Jaywalker @musicholic
Well, I need some advice from you guys. Wes eca result for me was Bachelors degree (4 yrs) n one year diploma.
My education is graduation (3yrs) from Mumbai uni. & full time 2 yrs MBA from pune uni. But I didnt receive Masters degree in the result. I’m not sure if that correct. Before asking wes the same I would like if u guys can advice me or share ur views on the same.
My CRS score with the Bachelors degree is quite low 429.
If would have got Masters, the score would have been better.
Pls help n guide if I shld start pnp side by side or ask wes to check n confirm.
These days, WES is hardly giving Master's equivalence for 3+2 years of study, even my wife got same as yours. For 4+2 years, they generally give Master's. Others may chip in with their experience.
Having said that, you will get points for "Two or more degrees..." option and not Bachelor's. Difference between that and Master's is 7 points.

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
These days, WES is hardly giving Master's equivalence for 3+2 years of study, even my wife got same as yours. For 4+2 years, they generally give Master's. Others may chip in with their experience.
Having said that, you will get points for "Two or more degrees..." option and not Bachelor's. Difference between that and Master's is 7 points.
Hey @samikdg thanks for such an instant reply. I was calculating my crs score n I selected “Bachelors degree option”
So my score was less. Lemme try adding the option that you mentioned.

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Did your CRS increase with that option?
Yes it did increase and good number. But while creating a profile for ITA... I can select the “two degrees option...” right then.. as one of our eca reports goes to IRCC directly.
Did ur wife apply for ITA process with that option and was that accepted ?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Agreed, @jeethus had the same experience and he could input ‘Two or more degrees’ without any issue :) @ashu_h_89 suggest you do the same, as already suggested by @samikdg and you should benefit greatly on the CRS while creating your EE profile with this selection vis a vis only a Bachelors :) Best of luck with the next steps...

Reactions: ashu_h_89

ashu_h_89

Jun 20, 2018
Agreed, @jeethus had the same experience and he could input ‘Two or more degrees’ without any issue :) @ashu_h_89 suggest you do the same, as already suggested by @samikdg and you should benefit greatly on the CRS while creating your EE profile with this selection vis a vis only a Bachelors :) Best of luck with the next steps...
Thanku @Nishika22 ☺ will be doing the same.. shall update you guys on the progress.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Finally received my ECA today and received the Master's equivalency for my BE + PGDM :)
Thanks a lot all you guys for keeping the overall spirit up and special thanks to @Jaywalker and @Nishika22 for your help! I sincerely hope all you super guys and girls who are still "On Hold" or In Progress, to get the ECA at the soonest and get your deserved equivalency.
Following is my ECA timeline to summarize:
Made payment and sent courier to WES through DHL - 23rd May
Documents received at WES as per DHL record - 25th May
Status changed to Documents Received - Under Review - 28th May
Status changed to On Hold for PGDM and Documents Accepted for BE - 6th June
After rounds of follow-up, second VDR email sent by WES - 22nd June
Verification email sent by institute to specific WES email ID - 26th June
Status changed to Evaluation report under review (with ECA due date of 18 July) - 27th June
Status changed to Order under Final Review - 17th July
ECA soft copy received - 18th July

PS: People who already received ECA last month, have you received the hard copy from WES yet? Any idea how long does it take via Regular Post (not Courier)?
Congratulations on the Masters equivalency - well deserved end to the verification torture!!! :) No idea how long it takes by regular post as I requested for a courier - but shouldn’t take over 15 calendar days. Once again, really happy for you and hope you secure an ITA soon!!! Cheers...