+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

avishekbm

Sep 10, 2019
Thanks for your reply. I contacted university and they assured me that response shall be sent by e-mail and it normally takes one week to get updated in WES. I will contact WES also after few days to check if they got the response from university or not. WES service is also very slow. Fingers crossed.
How long did it take for WES to update the status after your university sent the e-mail?

avishekbm

Sep 10, 2019
@All Can you please post your timelines for the following if possible?

1) University sends re-verification email to WES
2) WES updates status from "On hold" to "Reviewing"
3) WES completes review.

My university replied to WES' email on the 24th of October - 6 days ago - so I'm not sure if I should do anything right now.

Keerthi83

Jul 19, 2019
I have sent documents WES by Post, now my status is on hold due to document were not sent by institution. They have accepted my degree certificates but not accepted my statement of marks documents. Actually both of the documents are in the same envelope and University envelope is also sealed with signed.

What should I do, please advise.

Keerthi83

Jul 19, 2019
I have sent documents WES by Post, now my status is on hold due to document were not sent by institution. They have accepted my degree certificates but not accepted my statement of marks documents. Actually both of the documents are in the same envelope and University envelope is also sealed with signed.

What should I do, please advise.
Hi ...I also faced same problem like you....wes put my application on hold becoz documents need to send directly from institute...then again I send my documents directly from institute...once wes recived the documents from my college how many days it takes...please let me know..iam in tricky situation now.

Robin_mathew

Star Member
Oct 25, 2019
Hi ...I also faced same problem like you....wes put my application on hold becoz documents need to send directly from institute...then again I send my documents directly from institute...once wes recived the documents from my college how many days it takes...please let me know..iam in tricky situation now.
Between 3-6 weeks.

Om23948

Nov 7, 2019
@All Can you please post your timelines for the following if possible?

1) University sends re-verification email to WES
2) WES updates status from "On hold" to "Reviewing"
3) WES completes review.

My university replied to WES' email on the 24th of October - 6 days ago - so I'm not sure if I should do anything right now.

1) My university replied to WES' email on the 25 of October
2) WES updates status on 5 of November to "Reviewing" and
3) the end of the evaluation process will be on 12/2/2019

sajo24

Aug 26, 2019
Guys, can someone guide me please. My bachelor's transcript was received on 3rd of October and 5th of November, WES emails me saying they've not accepted it. To my shock when I called the customer care, they told it was because my envelope had my name and number on it and so they can't accept it was sent directly.

My university is adamant they didn't paste my number but that to internally identify documents they do use student registration number. WES is asking for a new set of transcripts but university has clearly said they will not issue without university registration number. Both sides are not bulging.

I've no idea what to do. Already called 3 times to WES. The first two times, the ladies were so unhelpful. The last time they said they will forward to the appropriate team and to expect a reply within 48 hours. Today again I got a generic email to ask university to send documents directly.

Ishwardeol94

Jul 3, 2019
Hey guys

I studied in Australia... my college was shut down 4 years ago .... now i need transcripts... i tried emailing them and every possible effort but no response.... tried to ring Australian board of education and ASQA they are saying may be institution forgot to upload your data before closing. I am just left with my diploma certificate and transcript and one more letter from college.... please advise what should i do now ? Or what will WES do ?

Athira133

Jan 24, 2019
Hi, My Wes status has been moved to hold for reverification and WES confirmed that the email,post has been sent on 11/15.On checking with the univ, they said they would be responding only to post and not email.
Any inputs on how long it takes for WES post to reach Indian univ?

patel3747

May 13, 2015
@Nishika22 Hi, I am stuck with my status on hold and wes is saying that the format that the university is replied is not acceptable. Can you please share the format that my university need to send for reverfication? thanks in advance

Athira133

Jan 24, 2019
Anybody has done express verification for university reverification by making a payment and getting the tracking details of the courier sent to univ?
Can u share the procedure if so.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Does anyone know any ECA agency which is efficient or all of them are terrible like WES. I mean, I do understand due to lots of scams in India they do this step but then they can just simplify the process by us paying them the money -> They send courier or email to the university for verification -> They receive correct info in one go from University. This will not only save time but would result in efficiency & accuracy not to mention all the money and effort that goes into you visiting the super efficient universities of India & getting them to actually do something. I am surprised they are so dumb to not have thought of this or is there any other reason ? Besides, most universities in India dont even send it directly so they are indirectly encouraging the candidates to resort to wrong practices.

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
Does anyone know any ECA agency which is efficient or all of them are terrible like WES. I mean, I do understand due to lots of scams in India they do this step but then they can just simplify the process by us paying them the money -> They send courier or email to the university for verification -> They receive correct info in one go from University. This will not only save time but would result in efficiency & accuracy not to mention all the money and effort that goes into you visiting the super efficient universities of India & getting them to actually do something. I am surprised they are so dumb to not have thought of this or is there any other reason ? Besides, most universities in India dont even send it directly so they are indirectly encouraging the candidates to resort to wrong practices.
And what makes you think that these "super efficient" universities in India will respond to WES all by themselves? What e-mail / courier will they send to the university without getting anything from them in the first place? And why will any university respond to them (if at all), without applicant still visiting the university and paying the required charges for verification / courier? Currently onus is on the applicant to get documents sent (and rightly so), no university will want to have the huge burden on their mail room for incoming mails - it would rather delay the processing further, and that for 100% candidates. Currently the verification would be happening in may be 20-30% cases...

P.S. My status had also been put on hold - university has responded, and documents reached WES; now awaiting further update.