+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
And what makes you think that these "super efficient" universities in India will respond to WES all by themselves? What e-mail / courier will they send to the university without getting anything from them in the first place? And why will any university respond to them (if at all), without applicant still visiting the university and paying the required charges for verification / courier? Currently onus is on the applicant to get documents sent (and rightly so), no university will want to have the huge burden on their mail room for incoming mails - it would rather delay the processing further, and that for 100% candidates. Currently the verification would be happening in may be 20-30% cases...

P.S. My status had also been put on hold - university has responded, and documents reached WES; now awaiting further update.
I never said anything about doing it for free :) In India no one does anything for free. I had my PG certificates mailed by my UK university for no cost at all and within 3 business days as they understand the importance of those papers. The problem is lack on empathy on side on universities in India.

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
I never said anything about doing it for free :) In India no one does anything for free. I had my PG certificates mailed by my UK university for no cost at all and within 3 business days as they understand the importance of those papers. The problem is lack on empathy on side on universities in India.
Agreed. Specially the large universities are inefficient! The point is, I can't see a solution to it. What you suggested would only add to hassle and timeline for the applicant because of these inefficiencies, at least in India.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Agreed. Specially the large universities are inefficient! The point is, I can't see a solution to it. What you suggested would only add to hassle and timeline for the applicant because of these inefficiencies, at least in India.
Probably yes, I wasn't thinking straight anyways & was just ranting to get some steam off ;-)

technorocco

Dec 23, 2019
Guys... I'm on hold as WES is validating my documents directly with my University (MEXICO). My University claim that non of them received the email, does anyone know who they contact? or what's the protocol the use to identify the right person to contact? I want to identify who received it to move forward with my ECA... please advise.... Thanks!
What's the name of the University you attended in Mexico? PM me - if you cannot post it here.

Athira133

Jan 24, 2019
My univ replied to wes for verification req on 12/12.But The wes status is still on hold.
Anybody with similar timelines?

ja1904

Star Member
Sep 27, 2019
My univ replied to wes for verification req on 12/12.But The wes status is still on hold.
Anybody with similar timelines?
You should call them and check, they usually update the status within 8-10 working days once university replies (in my case, it was updated within 3 days).

arv001

Jan 10, 2020
HI Guys,
WES put my request on hold and sent the re-verification request to Agra university( For bachelors) and uttarakhand technical university ( for masters).
Does anyone know about these universities whether they respond to second verification or not.
Any pointer about how to get this second verification from these universities will be helpful.

I am in same boat, please let me know who gets the email in Agra university from WES for re-verification?

arv001

Jan 10, 2020
Guys Any one here dealing with Agra University and i am really feeling helpless as they are not telling me whether they have received any e-mail or Post from WES canada. Ideally they should have received it as Uttrakhand Technical University(University where i completed Masters) did receive the document because documents were dispatched on same day from Canada. Anyone got verification request completed from Agra University. Please let me know here. I am loosing hope day by day.
I am in same boat, please let me know who gets the email in Agra university from WES for re-verification?

Tunde36

Nov 28, 2019
You should call them and check, they usually update the status within 8-10 working days once university replies (in my case, it was updated within 3 days).
What was it updated to?. My last update after the school sent verification to wes was "In Progress": We are processing a new package or document for your application." Any need to mail them?

Athira133

Jan 24, 2019
What was it updated to?. My last update after the school sent verification to wes was "In Progress": We are processing a new package or document for your application." Any need to mail them?
Ya the same..I Got it updated so on Jan 10th.Still the same

Anchal G

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
We are waiting for your documents.

Status last updated: 6/21/2018

Pending
Document Status

Waiting to receive 1 document(s)
Panjab University, India
1. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Bachelor of Computer Applications, 2011

• Accepted
2. Statement of Marks, Bachelor of Computer Applications, 2011

• Accepted
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, India
3. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Master of Computer Applications, 2014

• Accepted
4. Statement of Marks, Master of Computer Applications, 2014

• Not Accepted | Details
    Reason: The document was not received directly from the academic institution as required by WES.

Instructions: WES requires that this document be sent directly by the institution in an official sealed envelope. Have your document resubmitted according to the document requirements specified for your country of education.
I have recieved my MCA transcripts from manit Bhopal by post at my home and I sent it to WES alongwith my BCA transcripts from PU CHD. Now they are saying MCA transcripts should be directly sent to them by institution.
But in required documents it was clearly mentioned under option 2 that if institute hand over it to you then sent it to us.

Anybody in same situation please help.
Hi, can anyone please guide me on this?

My below transcript from MANIT was not accepted even though it was sent directly from the institute. After calling WES several times, they said it was denied because the sender address was different. It didn't make any sense as transcript was sent in the MANIT envelope and directly from them.

Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, India

3. Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional), Master of Computer Applications, 2008

• Accepted
4. Statement of Marks, Master of Computer Applications, 2008

• Not Accepted | Details
    Reason: WES received your mark sheets, but they were not sent directly from your academic institution as required by WES.

Instructions: Please ask your academic institution to send your mark sheets directly to WES in a sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate official.

barathiraja

Dec 18, 2019
Anna University and Madras University Transcript application and Second level verification.
Almost 5 months after i have applied for Anna university and Madras university ,my certificates are finally accepted by WES. Let me tell you it wasn't easy and took its toll. So here i am to explain you the procedure for each of the university

Madras University
There is no online stuff here. That means you have either go yourself,Ask a friend or buy the expensive agents (I had to pay for agents ) . Unless you are helpless then only agent should be your last option . Agents are simply not worth it , eventually they will take lots of people job and your application will eventually get delayed.However after persistent follow up my agent did apply for me.

Part 1: Sending Transcript to WES
1. All semester mark-sheets ,Degree certificate,Passport copy,Authorization letter (if Agent or friend apply on behalf of you). If you are going yourself carry originals . Even university wants to verify originals if you are applying via agents or friend. Although university mentioned in the website that notarized copy may also work.But why take risk.
2. After applying in university, they will take their own sweet time. Insist university to send the courier by themselves , do not send by yourself or agents or friend.WES is very strict about this.
3.University fee plus courier fee will be approx 3500 INR. I have aplied by agent so eventualy had to pay almost 7k INR more(So you know why i say do it yourself)

Part 2:Second Level verification
most likely in recent times WES will be sending your transcript for a level 2 versification.If you are lucky enough first time you dont need to come here. However in my case it did.I was paranoid to say the least.This is the most tricky and difficult part. Here your univeristy has to respond to the email/Post WES has sent to them., they cannot send a fresh response.You have to pray to god that your university receive the email/Postal mail and they keep it for you. Remember without paying verification fee your university will not reply.SO as soon as you receive the mail from WES apply in your university so that they will keep track of WES mail/EMail.

1. Second level verification process is bit relaxed. University will give you a envelope , where you have to write your WES address and affix the stamp charges by yourself.
2.copy of your marksheets and degree certificate,Passport copy , authorization letter and sum of around 1500 ++ univ fee and courier charges around 1500++. Remember Madras university send response only via mail they donot reply to any email. So keep checking with them if they have received mail from WES or not, as they have to reply on that mail .(Try speaking in Tamil if you are calling them, the clerks are not well versed in speaking english).
3. Once Madras university receive mail from WES , they will reply to WES in the same envelope which you have earlier submitted to university.
4.The whole process takes around 20 days so be patient.

Anna University

Part 1: Sending Transcript to WES

Do not go for agent. it will be simply waste of money and harassment. Apply directly in Anna university website , they have even courier facility to send to WES directly.
https://onlinetranscript.annauniv.edu/transcript/

Simply follow this process after you login and boom, you have done applying.

**If you cannot login , send your registration number to transcriptenquiry@gmail.com , they will enable it for you.
** Do not try to call Anna university, it is waste of time, most of the time phone will be busy and you will never get a answer you are looking for.

I did make the mistake going to Agent and have to follow similar process as in Madras university ,except here they will not ask for your originals to verify.

Part 2:Second Level verification
unfortunately my ANNA univ also sent back for Second level verification, and here Anna university flops, until first two weeks they have told me (This time i have asked my friend to help me to enquire in person, as they will not pick up phones) they are finalizing the process. may be i am one of the few students for whom second level verification came.

Anna university do not send postal email, they will only reply too WES emails.
1. Marksheets,Degree certificates ,passport copy,authorization letter submit to Transcript department with DD equivalent to 25 USD. (I had to pay 50 USD , 25 for Marksheet and 25 for Degree. later it seems they have combined but not sure)
2. It will take minimum 2.5 weeks for Anna to reply as their verification process is quite extensive.
Hi, Thanks for the detailed information.
For the second level verification, what are the option we have to fill in online transcripts site.
I see a new transcript request has been created in my account and in that 'WES form Authorization by University' option is checked.

strong_coder

Jan 23, 2020
You can ask WES to send the documents to your university using a courier, will cost you CAD 85. You will get a tracking number with it.
I had done that. Fortunately, my university received the documents 2 days after I requested this service from the first mail and had to cancel that courier option.

This is from the WES FAQ:

"WES sends documents for secondary verification to the appropriate designated official at each institution. Your intervention is generally not required in this transaction. When our evaluators determine that verification is necessary in order to proceed with a report, they send emails and posted letters to the appropriate institutions. Our evaluators wait for the response. If they do not receive a response after seven business weeks, they will follow up with your institution.

If you would like to order international courier services, which includes a tracking number and faster delivery for your verification request, please contact our Customer Service team. "
My university is saying they have not received any email/post of secondary verification from WES. So If I go for this service by paying CAD 85 WES will send my documents again to university? Thanks in advance.