+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Most Indian MBAs are now being given as equivalent to a one year diploma. Unfortunately, WES is no longer respecting old rules and regulations, under which the MBAs from an accredited University were accorded the status of a Masters. The CRS points are not too impacted, only 7 points less if you feed in the option of ‘Two or more diplomas’ vs the Masters equivalency.
So will I apply under master equivalent or 2 or more diploma?

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
So will I apply under master equivalent or 2 or more diploma?
Further I also want to ask, I have submitted my profile. However in dependent section. I see only my wife. I don't see info requirement for my son. I understand information will need to be sent after our profile is shortlisted. Can you through

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Whatever is written in your WES evaluation. If they have given it diploma status then put that.
Right that is! @AGill22: If your WES equivalency states 'Diploma' then do not place it under a 'Masters' on your CIC profile. The two must tally at all costs, since that is a basic check performed by the VO assessing your application.

AniketSen88

Apr 11, 2017
Hi All,

Appealing all the experts to help me out here.
I have gone through all the previous imfoinforma and kudos to wveevery for helping each other out. Really appreciate it and I thank the experts on everyone's behalf.

My fiancee's application has been put on hold and Wes has asked for verification of all the documents. (Transcripts and Degree certificates).
The two universities are as below.

WBUT - West Bengal University of Technology
VIT, vellore - Vellore institute of technology

Now, the issue is that they put the application on hold on the 14th of November.

Both of these universities are not answering their phone and we are unable to reach out to them.
So bottom line is that
1. We do not know what email id Wes has sent the email to.
2. No clue if email or hardcopy has reached these universities.
3. No clue if the universities are even aware of what should be done here.

When Wes asks for verification, do they send specific instructions to the universities to follow, like email id to reply to.. format of email subject and body.. etc?

I want to ask everyone here if anyone is from the above universities and if they are would like to know how did they handle this. Any advice would be valuable as I am completely at a loss and don't know what and how to do stuff.

Thank you all once again.

Regards,
Aniket

@Nishika22 I really need your help...ccompletely at a loss..don't know what to do.

Reactions: Nishika22

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Right that is! @AGill22: If your WES equivalency states 'Diploma' then do not place it under a 'Masters' on your CIC profile. The two must tally at all costs, since that is a basic check performed by the VO assessing your application.
But here is the confusion. The option that are available there have secondary diploma but that is for high school graduation. So when my highest degree is Bachelor's. There is no other diploma option. Other option is one year program at university level. That again doesn't make sense. Can any one guide please.

Reactions: Nishika22

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
But here is the confusion. The option that are available there have secondary diploma but that is for high school graduation. So when my highest degree is Bachelor's. There is no other diploma option. Other option is one year program at university level. That again doesn't make sense. Can any one guide please.
Check this thread out: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/clarification-on-two-or-more-certificates-diplomas-or-degrees.535010/page-4#post-6876532

It provides all the clarification you could possibly seek on the Two or More Certificates, Diplomas or Degrees option...

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Check this thread out: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/clarification-on-two-or-more-certificates-diplomas-or-degrees.535010/page-4#post-6876532

It provides all the clarification you could possibly seek on the Two or More Certificates, Diplomas or Degrees option...
HI Nishika

Thanks. I did already post there. But no response as of now.

Also there is a confusion coz. Once you are assessing your CRS score you get a option of 2 or more degrees in drop down. But that doesn't happen when you are actually filling the form there is no option of 2 or more degrees.

Further my profile is stuck on processing update status..

Gosh it is not so simple as it seems....:(

ShakthiH

Dec 12, 2018
Sure @ShakthiH :) Check your private conversations in some time please...
Thanks a ton! this helps!

My university claims that they haven't yet received both the email and the hardcopy yet. I am trying to follow up with WES via twitter and they haven't been responding to my direct messages. It has already been 15 days since my case was put on hold. :(

Venala

Dec 4, 2018
Any one from Osmania University Hyderabad, whose WES status went on hold for verification?? Please reply ..my status went on hold on 20th Nov and Osmania University says they did not receive any email or hard copy till date