+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Kajal23

Dec 5, 2018
Hi @Nishika22,

Can you please also loop me in the sample mail and reply thing from WES. I'm really stuck here. My university has not received any mail and they have personally showed me the inboxes, on the other hand WES is saying that they have mailed. Its been already a month now. No idea what to do. Have to wait 7 weeks maybe before they send the mail again.

Reactions: Nishika22

Kajal23

Dec 5, 2018
Hi Guys,

Anyone from YMCA univ, faridabad who is facing similar issues. Will be great if anyone can connect on the same or direct someone who is in similar situation.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hi @Nishika22,

Can you please also loop me in the sample mail and reply thing from WES. I'm really stuck here. My university has not received any mail and they have personally showed me the inboxes, on the other hand WES is saying that they have mailed. Its been already a month now. No idea what to do. Have to wait 7 weeks maybe before they send the mail again.
Looped you in @Kajal23 :) Hope it helps...Its a shame how WES keeps us on the sidelines and our issuing institutions sometimes seem to overlook what a torturous process it is for us candidates :(

Kajal23

Dec 5, 2018
Looped you in @Kajal23 :) Hope it helps...Its a shame how WES keeps us on the sidelines and our issuing institutions sometimes seem to overlook what a torturous process it is for us candidates :(
Thank you @Nishika22 for the prompt reply. I agree with your thought about our institutes but thanks to you guys for showing some path to all the people who are stuck in this difficult situation. You have any suggestions for me how should I proceed when neither party is in mood to help. Should I get a notification when Wes will send the mail again to my univ? Also will they receive my papers from post as well in which my univ can reply? I heard that process is quite slow due to strike with Canada mail. Any idea about that. Many thanks in advance.

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Thank you @Nishika22 for the prompt reply. I agree with your thought about our institutes but thanks to you guys for showing some path to all the people who are stuck in this difficult situation. You have any suggestions for me how should I proceed when neither party is in mood to help. Should I get a notification when Wes will send the mail again to my univ? Also will they receive my papers from post as well in which my univ can reply? I heard that process is quite slow due to strike with Canada mail. Any idea about that. Many thanks in advance.
Hmmm...follow up with WES over call, web form and Twitter to ensure they send the verification mail to the University again. Do chase your University folks to reply as soon as WES confirms re-sending the verification mail. I'd advise you avoid sending papers by post as there is no visibility on what's happening then. Plus the issue with Canada Mail as you're aware of! But yes, it is permissible as a last resort to try a hard copy or snail mail verification, especially if there is no visibility on when WES is likely to send the verification email again.

Kajal23

Dec 5, 2018
Hmmm...follow up with WES over call, web form and Twitter to ensure they send the verification mail to the University again. Do chase your University folks to reply as soon as WES confirms re-sending the verification mail. I'd advise you avoid sending papers by post as there is no visibility on what's happening then. Plus the issue with Canada Mail as you're aware of! But yes, it is permissible as a last resort to try a hard copy or snail mail verification, especially if there is no visibility on when WES is likely to send the verification email again.
Yeah, Im doing these follow ups, let's see how it goes. Regarding the paper one, I wanted to ask if the university gets hard copy mail as well from WES as a second option in addition to the email that they send to verify for the student.

appykuk

Nov 28, 2018
Hi @Nishika22

Can you please also loop me in the sample mail and reply thing from WES. I'm really stuck here. My university has replied to WES several times. However WES says that they have provided incomplete information. Can you please forward me the sample to appykuk@gmail.com
Many thanks to you in advance

hb1975

Apr 16, 2017
Hello @Jaywalker. Thanks for your reply. A follow up question, hope you don't mind. My university simply replied back to the email which they received as no other email was provided. Isn't it good enough or do they have to send reply to specific address WES might have provided in their email ? WES sent out another email for verification on 6/27 when the account was put on hold again. I will now persuade university to reply back to WES with reference # & more accurate wording. The customer rep said it was the wording of the reply that they were not satisfied because they did receive the reply and acknowledged that.
Hi burnm7793!!! I have also just got stuck with status on hold for secondary verification from Pune University. How and with whom u got in touch with university to make them reply to WES mail. Any input from u would be of grt help as I am not in India and noone in Pune now to follow up with Pune university

vineetj2202

Sep 8, 2018
Hi,

I'm going to share my experience as I too was a victim of the 'On hold' status. As we know Wes sends the docs to our respective university for secondary verification and they ironically expect us not to be involved within this process. Fortunately my bachelors and masters degree were from Mumbai university.-

• After waiting for 2 months believing MU will reply to them , i decided to follow up with the university.
  • I went to MU located at Churchgate and they replied theres no communication from WES. Hence they asked me to check at Kalina.
  • Once reaching Kalina, we need to go to 'Mahatma Phule bhavan' building and after taking the gate pass, head towards room - 24.
  • Ask for the WES query and you should be directed to the right person.
  • The lady checked the mail and found the communication from WES.
  • She informed they only reply with Univesity docs and do not reply for college marksheets.
  • Here comes the best part - Cost for replying is Rs. 1050 per document
  • Hence, I was under a dillema as to which docs to include within their reply
  • After several queries and some tips from the lady - I opted for both degrees and 3 marksheet.( Note - many people only opt for sending the degrees due to high cost involved; This may or may not work, hence kindly decide as per your requirement) Total amount I paid was a whopping 5250rs.
  • Irony is if WES come again with any query, I will have to chase my colleges to reply to them as MU do not reply for college marksheets.
  • the only good part was entire process took only 30 to 40 mins
  • MU will take around 15 days to reply with my original docs to WES electronically and physically.
Now, Im waiting and shall keep you'll posted with the updates.

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Yes, it means that the response has been received. If it is in the correct format, the IN PROCESS status will progress to a date for your ECA report to be issued. So keep your fingers crossed and hope for the next update soon...
Hey,

I finally received my evaluation, however my MBA in marketing from UBS panjab University is given as equivalent to one year diploma. Is that correct?

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
Hey,

I finally received my evaluation, however my MBA in marketing from UBS panjab University is given as equivalent to one year diploma. Is that correct?
Most Indian MBAs are now being given as equivalent to a one year diploma. Unfortunately, WES is no longer respecting old rules and regulations, under which the MBAs from an accredited University were accorded the status of a Masters. The CRS points are not too impacted, only 7 points less if you feed in the option of ‘Two or more diplomas’ vs the Masters equivalency.

Reactions: Kajal23

mechingineer

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
Just a small update, all those stuck in secondary verification from AKTU/GBTU/UPTU need not worry. I got an email from WES regarding secondary verification on 28th November, and I immediately tried to contact university to speed up the process. Soon I figured out that it is impossible to contact university through any means and I will have to visit university in person. But I kept trying their Students Grievance helpdesk and finally I was able to register my details with the clerk. The clerk told me to wait for 10 business days for this process and it would be done for sure.

I waited patiently and finally on 7th December, my status shows in progress again on WES website. I would suggest everyone to call the students grievance helpdesk and register your details to get the work done.

Thanks!!!

sachin12584

May 17, 2017
HI Guys ,
I got message from WES
Reason: The document received only contains a partial record of your study program. Subjects taken and grades earned for part of the study were not included. We are missing information on mark sheets that lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned.

Instructions: Please ask your institution to send WES a complete document that lists all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of the program according to the requirements for your country of education. This document should be sent in a sealed envelope that is stamped or signed on the back flap by the appropriate official.

Now i have submitted my document ,

Want to know , will WES takes again same time like 20 days ? or On hold case they give some priority .