+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Guys you don't need to worry much about 2 or more degrees here, just enter the details as per the ECA in your Express Entry Profile and the system will calculate the points accordingly. In EE profile, there is no such option as "two or more degrees".

Reactions: Ajayadigopal

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Guys you don't need to worry much about 2 or more degrees here, just enter the details as per the ECA in your Express Entry Profile and the system will calculate the points accordingly. In EE profile, there is no such option as "two or more degrees".

yup...

First get your ECA done.
Then Enter Details
you will get points automatically.

Reactions: SridharSankaran

Bushra Nawaz

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hi All respected members,

I have recently received my spouse's ECA from CES. It says his BA degree is equal to Canadian "Associate's degree (two years) from a recognized university.

I want to ask which option will I choose from the drop-down menu for his education? as there is no option for associate's degree. Options are:

Secondary School diploma
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute
Bachelor's degree.......

Please help. I will be much grateful.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi All respected members,

I have recently received my spouse's ECA from CES. It says his BA degree is equal to Canadian "Associate's degree (two years) from a recognized university.

I want to ask which option will I choose from the drop-down menu for his education? as there is no option for associate's degree. Options are:

Secondary School diploma
One-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute
Two-year program at a university, college, trade or technical school or other institute
Bachelor's degree.......

Please help. I will be much grateful.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

mac315

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I am in the same boat. Diploma 3 years and BE 3 years. WES showed as

Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) and
Bachelor's degree (four years)

However, the below link shows that we satisfy the criteria for 2 or more degree. Read carefully on
creitera:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school),

We fall in the category of 2 year program. However, once you submit your EE profile, you will get to know if they had calculated the points or not.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Hello all, I have been doing some research on this topic. when someone is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

as they clarified but still confusing

My interpretation : I think here they want to tell us that, any certificate,diploma or degree done after graduation of 3 or 4 years, In ECA assessment they want to see words like Postgraduate, Post-Bachelor's, Graduate etc or just simple two degrees of four years.

then here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

My interpretation : They want you to have one three year diploma/degree and one certificate, pretty good right ?? see next :

My interpretation : let us read again
"at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

your two or more is only valid if it is done after completion of 3 year program.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program

Now you are eligible for two or more.

but if you have any one/two year certificate/diploma/degree before that 3 year program, you are not eligible for two or more.

something similar found on reddit

My ECA Assessments are

I have a 3 diploma year diploma from state technical board (india)
which is equivalent to : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
and bachelor degree with lateral entry to second year
which is equivalent to : Bachelor's degree (four years)
Final will be something like this:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years)

or diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)

so by all logic, i don't think I am eligible for for two or more because its like

10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)
or can break it as
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma >>> diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)

here my diploma (two years) comes before 3 year program, so it is not valid for two or more.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program
but if get any other Postgraduate/Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree or Masters, I would be eligible for two or more points.
for me, it will be like
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

I have seen a few similar cases on this forum with same question and same study as mine, I took this little imitative to clear some air, but not claiming to be 100% right, may be I am totally wrong. please share your input and knowledge on this matter.

mahasweta_gd

Apr 18, 2018
I entered my ECA results ( bachelors three years and bachelors four years ) in the express entry pool and got it recognized as two or more degrees.

Reactions: EtaG

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
I am in the same boat. Diploma 3 years and BE 3 years. WES showed as

Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) and
Bachelor's degree (four years)

However, the below link shows that we satisfy the criteria for 2 or more degree. Read carefully on
creitera:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school),

We fall in the category of 2 year program. However, once you submit your EE profile, you will get to know if they had calculated the points or not.
Yes we fall in that category, according to their own explanations, but you can be 100% sure after they check your submitted documents after invite.

saurabhsinha

Apr 30, 2018
Hi All,

I have done 4-year BTech degree and 3 years diploma course simultaneously starting in the same year in India i.e. I got admission into 4 years degree course and 3 years diploma in the year 2011 and passed in 2015 and 2014 respectively.

Will I be eligible for two are more degree category?

Thanks
Saurabh

sarabmago

Sep 26, 2017
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Dears,

I also got the assessment of my BSC and MSC degree:

BSC- Bachelor degree four year
MSC- Graduate one year

Can i select the two or more diploma/degree option in my CIC express entry profile?
Follow this link below which will take you to WES equivalency tool, if your Msc. is recognized as Masters you can get more points than just going for "two or more diploma/degree" option. if not, you can surely go with "two or more diploma/degree" option.

WES Equivalency Tool: https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/

iamvivek

Jul 13, 2016
Hello all,
I have done B.Com (3 yrs) from Kurukshetra University (Correspondence), and I am a qualified Chartered Accountant (passed in 2003). Will this qualify for "Two or more diploma/ degree" for CIC EE Profile?

Same with my wife - she has B.Com, and MBA. Can she also consider "Two or more diploma/ degree" for CIC EE Profile?

APS183

May 3, 2018
HI all,
I have a similar query as all you guys. but i should explain it in detail rather that reading all the replies.
I have a 5 yrs bachelor degree and planning on doing a 6 month certificate course from IGNOU to boost my score. I am just wondering whether it will be worth it or a waste of time since no one here has mentioned a 6 month course. Secondly the course credential is no where similar to the list in the first post in this thread:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
It says Certifiacte in environmental studies.

I could always go for a 1 yr PG diploma but that would reduce my score due to age factor.

Please advise.

APS183

May 3, 2018
Hello all,
I have done B.Com (3 yrs) from Kurukshetra University (Correspondence), and I am a qualified Chartered Accountant (passed in 2003). Will this qualify for "Two or more diploma/ degree" for CIC EE Profile?

Same with my wife - she has B.Com, and MBA. Can she also consider "Two or more diploma/ degree" for CIC EE Profile?
Hi Vivek,
I think it would be better if your wife applies as the main applicant for PR. The reason i say this is, Bcom and MBA would count in the Masters category and not the Two or more diploma category, so that would increase your score, secondly I am sure your wife is younger than you, and that would also help with the score too. Try calculating the crs score for your wife with you as the co applicant.

Reactions: Polarbear1
Apr 26, 2018
Hi Friends,

My wife ECA for 3 Years Graduation (Regular from Delhi University) is under process through WES.

She also has the one year certificate in "creative fashion and technology in women's wear" from PEARL ACADEMY, Delhi.

Now i am thinking of getting the evaluation for 1 year certificate too because in WES equivalency tool, Pearl Academy appears in Institution Name section.(but course name does not)

My question is :

If she receives evaluation for both 3 Year Degree and 1 Year Certificate, will she be eligible to apply under "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees. One must be for a program of three years or more", in level of education ?

Also if the university name is on WES list but name of the certificate course is not on the list then is it worth even trying.

Last edited:

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hi Vivek,
I think it would be better if your wife applies as the main applicant for PR. The reason i say this is, Bcom and MBA would count in the Masters category and not the Two or more diploma category, so that would increase your score, secondly I am sure your wife is younger than you, and that would also help with the score too. Try calculating the crs score for your wife with you as the co applicant.
First get the ECA done. MBA might not be considered as a Masters. It might be considered as a PG Diploma.