+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Hi guys,
I have a 5 year degree in india. eca says 5 years. then i have 2 year diploma in business mgmt in Canada.
can i use the two or more degree/diploma/certificate option?
Dears,

I also got the assessment of my BSC and MSC degree:

BSC- Bachelor degree four year
MSC- Graduate one year

Can i select the two or more diploma/degree option in my CIC express entry profile?

you both are 100% eligible.

snehalmk1219

Feb 22, 2018
hello guys,

I am a three year bachelor's degree graduate and I have completed three months of certification course of software testing diploma from seed info tech. Can i select the two or more diploma/degree option in my CIC express entry profile?

MaxMathew

Mar 29, 2018
Hey everyone… I am new to this thread and forum. I really need some informed opinions. I know this has been asked before, but I thought its better to get my doubts clarified as per my situation.
An ITA seems very unlikely with my CRS score. Since I have already maxed out the IELTS and my wife also has high scores, there is no chance of increasing the points in the current situation apart from learning French which is a herculean task in itself. For now, I just had a basic question:
I already hold a WES verified 3-yr Indian bachelor degree. Now, if I were to do a full time 1-yr PG Diploma from Canada (say from Douglas College), how much will it help my CRS score? In my opinion, in the CIC questionnaire I should be selecting the ‘Two of more degree/diploma’ option for question 4, which adds 32 points (which alone I believe won’t be worth much considering I would have lost 10 points for age by the time I finish my course). However, the next question 4b - ‘Do you have a Canadian Education’, against which I will select Yes and then select option ‘One-year post graduate Diploma/Certificate’, which adds 15 more points, it brings my CRS score to a hopeful 450.
Am I on the right track with this? Do you guys think this PG Diploma will be worth doing? I am already leaning towards going ahead with studying, but would really love your experienced opinions.
Sorry if this is too lame to ask :p
Thanks.

Immi@098

Nov 21, 2016
Hi
I have created express entry profile and I got points for my two credentials.My CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY is diploma(2 years) and Bachelors(4 years) and my credential analysis section is same as yours.So you can ask wes to update your summary and after that you can claim
points for two or more category
Hi,
My situation is same as yours, I have done a diploma(3 years) from Calicut, Kerala & engineering(3 years-Lateral entry).
i have a query regarding the assessment of my diploma(3 years).How did you get your diploma assessed?Whom should we get in touch with?The polytechnic college(Calicut) that we did our diploma from or the state board of technical education(trivandrum) which conducts the exams? Are they aware of the WES process? I have searched the entire Canada visa thread & didnt find any info related to the diploma assessment procedure from Kerala.
Any info is highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

MaxMathew

Mar 29, 2018
Hey everyone… I am new to this thread and forum. I really need some informed opinions. I know this has been asked before, but I thought its better to get my doubts clarified as per my situation.
An ITA seems very unlikely with my CRS score. Since I have already maxed out the IELTS and my wife also has high scores, there is no chance of increasing the points in the current situation apart from learning French which is a herculean task in itself. For now, I just had a basic question:
I already hold a WES verified 3-yr Indian bachelor degree. Now, if I were to do a full time 1-yr PG Diploma from Canada (say from Douglas College), how much will it help my CRS score? In my opinion, in the CIC questionnaire I should be selecting the ‘Two of more degree/diploma’ option for question 4, which adds 32 points (which alone I believe won’t be worth much considering I would have lost 10 points for age by the time I finish my course). However, the next question 4b - ‘Do you have a Canadian Education’, against which I will select Yes and then select option ‘One-year post graduate Diploma/Certificate’, which adds 15 more points, it brings my CRS score to a hopeful 450.
Am I on the right track with this? Do you guys think this PG Diploma will be worth doing? I am already leaning towards going ahead with studying, but would really love your experienced opinions.
Thanks.
Guys I would really appreciate your kind opinions on my query:
If I do a Canadian 1-yr diploma over my 3-year Bachelor's course, can I check the option 'Two or more certificates' for question 4 (what is your highest education)?
Detailed query is mentioned up...
Many thanks.

Reactions: Ajayadigopal

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Thanks.
yes it would help, or you can PG diploma in India, that will also help, but going to Canada on study visa then work experience there will surely increase your scores.

AmitN84

Mar 16, 2018
Hi
I'm hoping someone will be able to assist me.

I completed a 3 year degree and 1 year honors and according to my ECA report it states that my 1st credential is a 3 year degree and 2nd credential is a 4 year degree. Can I choose the two or more degree/diploma/certificate option even though my honors is an undergraduate?

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
Hi

I completed a 3 year degree and 1 year honors and according to my ECA report it states that my 1st credential is a 3 year degree and 2nd credential is a 4 year degree. Can I choose the two or more degree/diploma/certificate option even though my honors is an undergraduate?
seems like you qualify for it, but can't say with 100% surety.

harryrei

Apr 2, 2018
Hi

I'm in exactly the same situation. 3 year degree + 1 year honors, my ECA report also states that it is 3 years bachelor degree and 4 year bachelor degree... Not sure if it qualify as two or more degree options, would love to know more.

Last edited:

meghv999

Apr 3, 2018
Hello, I have applied for WES. I submitted my 2-year Diploma, 3 years Advanced Diploma and then 1 year (as an add-on) for Bachelor's degree. Do I qualify for 2 or more certificates?

Adnaneo

Apr 5, 2018
Hello all, I have been doing some research on this topic. when someone is eligible for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

as they clarified but still confusing
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

My interpretation : I think here they want to tell us that, any certificate,diploma or degree done after graduation of 3 or 4 years, In ECA assessment they want to see words like Postgraduate, Post-Bachelor's, Graduate etc or just simple two degrees of four years.

then here :

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

My interpretation : They want you to have one three year diploma/degree and one certificate, pretty good right ?? see next :

My interpretation : let us read again
"at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer"

your two or more is only valid if it is done after completion of 3 year program.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program

Now you are eligible for two or more.

but if you have any one/two year certificate/diploma/degree before that 3 year program, you are not eligible for two or more.

something similar found on reddit

My ECA Assessments are

I have a 3 diploma year diploma from state technical board (india)
which is equivalent to : Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
and bachelor degree with lateral entry to second year
which is equivalent to : Bachelor's degree (four years)
Final will be something like this:
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelor's degree (four years)

or diploma (two years) and Bachelor's degree (four years)

so by all logic, i don't think I am eligible for for two or more because its like

10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)
or can break it as
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma >>> diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years)

here my diploma (two years) comes before 3 year program, so it is not valid for two or more.

secondary >> 3 year degree/diploma program>> any one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree program
but if get any other Postgraduate/Post-Bachelor's one/two/three year certificate/diploma/degree or Masters, I would be eligible for two or more points.
for me, it will be like
10 year study or 10th >>> Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years) >>> Bachelor's degree (four years) >>> Post graduate diploma/certificate(1/2year ) Or Masters (2 years)

I have seen a few similar cases on this forum with same question and same study as mine, I took this little imitative to clear some air, but not claiming to be 100% right, may be I am totally wrong. please share your input and knowledge on this matter.
I have a 1 year graduate diploma in investment management after 3 years bachelor (equivalent to 4 years bachelor do i qualify for two or more certificates /diploma /degree category?

H0peAndFa1th

Jun 19, 2017
I have a 1 year graduate diploma in investment management after 3 years bachelor (equivalent to 4 years bachelor do i qualify for two or more certificates /diploma /degree category?

you have a 3 year bachelor and 1 year diploma after that, and if your ECA shows that, you are eligible on paper.

Adnaneo

Apr 5, 2018
you have a 3 year bachelor and 1 year diploma after that, and if your ECA shows that, you are eligible on paper.
My ECA shows 4 years bachelor and a graduate diploma in investment management. I was told that 1 year diploma is not considered by CIC.