+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Clarification on : Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Fatemasultana

Apr 7, 2018
We will get points according to the ECA assessments. Not by our original degree. For example one can have a masters degree which is one year long but ECA states it is 3 years long Canadian bachelors degree equivalent then he/she will get points for 3 years bachelors degree. Your university may award you a degree within one year (if you are a genious) or can take 5 years but IRCC will consider what equivalency duration ECA gives you.

According to ECA I have a diploma (two years) and bachelors degree (four years) so I am fulfilling the condition of two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees one must be three or more years long.

If you check the IRCC website link for ECA you will read that they only takes any foreign education into consideration if the candidate has an ECA report for the same. And award every point based on ECA assessment, read below -

If you want to become an Express Entry candidate, and you have had an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA), you can find out below how many points you will get.

Points are used to rank candidates once they get into the Express Entry pool.

Your result will be marked on your report as the Canadian equivalent to the foreign degree, diploma or certificate you had assessed. Find the result in the first column of the table below and you can see information about your points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Reactions: OMI11

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
Follow this link below which will take you to WES equivalency tool, if your Msc. is recognized as Masters you can get more points than just going for "two or more diploma/degree" option. if not, you can surely go with "two or more diploma/degree" option.

WES Equivalency Tool: https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/
I checked for my Post Graduate Diploma in Management in the WES degree equivalency tool, but it shows only degrees (for India). Also, under the institution list, only universities are coming up, couldn't find autonomous institutes (mine is IIM Calcutta). But when I created a profile on WES Canada and added my PG diploma, both the diploma and institute are unavailable.
Anyone has been able to check their PG Diploma equivalency through the WES online tool?

Last edited:

Abhishek0410

May 4, 2018
Hello Everyone,

Kindly Help me.

I have one bachelors degree of 3 years and one post graduate diploma certification of 1 year. What will be the evaluation and will it come under
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Plz Help

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada

endeey04

Nov 24, 2017
Hello peeps, I have a question , can someone with two different bachelors degrees claim two or more certificates?

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have applied for the ECA and my assessment would more likely be like this;
-Two years post secondary Diploma
-4 years Bachelors Degree

I am eligible to choose two degrees or more?

pratik5172

May 4, 2018
Hello,

I did my "Primary Teaching Course (PTC)" from Gujarat Secondary Education Board after my 12th Grade. It is a 2 years course for teaching students of 1st Grade to 7th Grade students.

I used the WES evaluation tool but there is no option to select Gujarat Secondary Education Board". The college is closed now but the certificates/degree is from Gujarat Secondary Education Board (GSEB), the state board. I got my transcripts for the marksheets years ago from college before it got closed.

I am not sure whether the GSEB will give me the marksheets attested and in an envelope for WES process but before I even go to them, I want to know whether I am even eligible to get this degree considered for WES.

Please help me as soon as possible. I need to apply for WES within a couple days.

macbrookes

Nov 27, 2016
Hello, I need viewpoint whether I am eligible for two or more degree/diploma category. I hold 3 years of diploma from a Canadian college in Gulf and then a 1 year of Bachelor degree from UK.. Does this will be considered as a two or more degree/diploma??

nsilvera

May 8, 2018
yes 100 % go ahead with it.
Hi sorry to jump on this reply wasn’t sure where to create a new message, I have a WES equivalency of 4 years bachelors degree and I recently completed a 1 year post graduate certificate in financial planning at Centennial College progress campus in Toronto, can I choose the option two or more certificates?

Metalhead_666

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Hi sorry to jump on this reply wasn’t sure where to create a new message, I have a WES equivalency of 4 years bachelors degree and I recently completed a 1 year post graduate certificate in financial planning at Centennial College progress campus in Toronto, can I choose the option two or more certificates?
Yes! You can choose the "Two or more certificates' option! BTW - I did a 2 years course from Centennial College Progress Campus too :)

brmuralikrishnan

May 9, 2018
I have done my 4 year bachelors from India and 2 year MBA distance education. Will I be eligible for two are more degree categorie?
Thanks in advance.

aks.abhi9

May 8, 2018
New Delhi
Need your support in getting clarity on "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years".

Today, I received ECA soft copy from IQAS.
-For Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Degree from Delhi University=> Canadian Equivalency: Three- year undergraduate degree program.
-For Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) from SCDL, Pune=> Canadian Equivalency: Two-year Graduate diploma program.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.