+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Nothing so far there another forum people are talking about this new option that provides PR card after the approval within 1 week but the forum is not as active unfortunately: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ircc-testing-new-permanent-resident-confirmation-portal.707116/page-3
I've never seen this option on any forum used by in-land applicants ( refugees ). I've seen it used only by people applying from outside Canada through Express Entry. Hopefully they let us use this fast option. I guess the thing that is causing the delay is scheduling people appointments to receive COPR. With Covid limitations maybe scheduling appointments is taking time. That is the only reason I guess for not giving people COPR straight away after DM.

Reactions: Armaani

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
Usually 1-2 months but for some cases it could take a year or more
But security had started already over a year before medical extension/credibility passed recently. Can it take another year more? I got more than 4 ghost updates since after resume request recently even last week.

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
I am april applicant my timeline is 99% and in my online account only medical has been extended but today I called IRCC and the officer told me that your eligibility, criminality and medical has been passed but security even not started so my question is now how much time they will need to clear the security? Please share your experiences thanks

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
I am april applicant my timeline is 99% and in my online account only medical has been extended but today I called IRCC and the officer told me that your eligibility, criminality and medical has been passed but security even not started so my question is now how much time they will need to clear the security? Please share your experiences thanks
Usually, 1-2 months after you passed the eligibility but for some cases it could take a year or more

Reactions: Spogmey

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
But security had started already over a year before medical extension/credibility passed recently. Can it take another year more? I got more than 4 ghost updates since after resume request recently even last week.
I hope you will hear good news soon, you waited for so long time

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
5 days after officer told me security not started I received my approval am also April 1st 2019 applicant and waiting for Copr after approval on December 1st 2020

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I am sorry if I am asking this question again. I asked before and someone was really kind to list me documents and I remember saving it but now I cannot find it.

I have no PR and nothing for my spouse outside Canada yet. But since I am applicant March 29th 2019 and IRCC is taking ages, I don't us to waste time when they ask for my spouse's documents.
Can anyone share the list of documents and forms IRCC currently asks for spouses?

Thanks a lot!!!

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am sorry if I am asking this question again. I asked before and someone was really kind to list me documents and I remember saving it but now I cannot find it.

I have no PR and nothing for my spouse outside Canada yet. But since I am applicant March 29th 2019 and IRCC is taking ages, I don't us to waste time when they ask for my spouse's documents.
Can anyone share the list of documents and forms IRCC currently asks for spouses?

Thanks a lot!!!

Here is the email from Ankara VO. you can skip VO information as it is not maybe related to you. But the rest of all will be useful for you. Good luck

Dear Madam/Sir,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You are required to submit the below completed forms and additional supporting documents for yourself and for all your accompanying dependent children as a PDF document to your return e-mail. Please fill and send the requested documents to ankraimmigration@international.gc.ca as soon as possible without changing the subject line.

In order to complete the processing of your application, you must submit the following within 30 days of the date of this letter. If you have already submitted all requested documents, please ignore this email.

Please quote the above file number on all correspondence you send to our office in relation to this application.

1. Application Forms:
Newly completed forms as listed below for each applicant aged 18 and over. These forms are attached to this e-mail. Forms are also available here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

- Generic Application Form [IMM0008]

- Schedule A [IMM5669]
- Additional Dependents/Decleration Form [IMM0008DEP]
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM5562]
- Additional Family Information [IMM5406]

When completing these forms, please do not leave any blanks, and provide full dates with months and years. If something does not apply, please write Not Applicable or N/A. Blanks or missing information may cause significant delays in the finalization of your application.

2. Police Certificates: Please provide updated copy of police certificates for all applicants aged 18 and over from each country where you have resided for 6 months or longer.

3. Family Listing – For Turkish Nationals: Please provide National ID Cards and Official Family Listing from the General Directorate of Civil Registration and Nationality of Turkey. (Vukuatli Nufus Kayit Ornegi)

4. Passport Copies: Please provide a copy of each applicant's passport biodata pages. Each applicant, including young children, must have his/her own passport.

5. Birth Certificates: Please provide a copy of the birth certificate or civil status registration of each applicant.

6. Marriage Certificate: Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate, if applicable.

All documents must be accompanied by original translation to English or French.

Please note that failure to provide the requested documents within 30 days could result in the rejection of your application.

In addition to submitting your completed forms and supporting documents by return e-mail medical examinations are also required. You will receive medical examination instructions separately by e-mail.

Important Notice: It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted. If there is a change in your legal status or that of any family member (marriage, birth, death, divorce, etc.) you must notify us before visas are printed.

Please include a copy of this letter on top of your submission.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section de visa (REG)

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
Here is the email from Ankara VO. you can skip VO information as it is not maybe related to you. But the rest of all will be useful for you. Good luck

Dear Madam/Sir,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. You are required to submit the below completed forms and additional supporting documents for yourself and for all your accompanying dependent children as a PDF document to your return e-mail. Please fill and send the requested documents to ankraimmigration@international.gc.ca as soon as possible without changing the subject line.

In order to complete the processing of your application, you must submit the following within 30 days of the date of this letter. If you have already submitted all requested documents, please ignore this email.

Please quote the above file number on all correspondence you send to our office in relation to this application.

1. Application Forms:
Newly completed forms as listed below for each applicant aged 18 and over. These forms are attached to this e-mail. Forms are also available here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides.html

- Schedule A [IMM5669]
- Additional Dependents/Decleration Form [IMM0008DEP]

When completing these forms, please do not leave any blanks, and provide full dates with months and years. If something does not apply, please write Not Applicable or N/A. Blanks or missing information may cause significant delays in the finalization of your application.

2. Police Certificates: Please provide updated copy of police certificates for all applicants aged 18 and over from each country where you have resided for 6 months or longer.

3. Family Listing – For Turkish Nationals: Please provide National ID Cards and Official Family Listing from the General Directorate of Civil Registration and Nationality of Turkey. (Vukuatli Nufus Kayit Ornegi)

4. Passport Copies: Please provide a copy of each applicant's passport biodata pages. Each applicant, including young children, must have his/her own passport.

5. Birth Certificates: Please provide a copy of the birth certificate or civil status registration of each applicant.

6. Marriage Certificate: Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate, if applicable.

All documents must be accompanied by original translation to English or French.

Please note that failure to provide the requested documents within 30 days could result in the rejection of your application.

In addition to submitting your completed forms and supporting documents by return e-mail medical examinations are also required. You will receive medical examination instructions separately by e-mail.

Important Notice: It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide to our office is accurate and up-to-date. Please inform us immediately if there are any changes to the information or documents you have submitted. If there is a change in your legal status or that of any family member (marriage, birth, death, divorce, etc.) you must notify us before visas are printed.

Please include a copy of this letter on top of your submission.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section | Section de visa (REG)

Embassy of Canada | Ambassade du Canada
Thank you so much!

Reactions: Ratmir

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
Thank you so much!
here is useful info as well.

Hello everyone,

I am March 2019 applicant, already received approval letter waiting for CORP,

Here I would like to share some experience with you guys, who are waiting for an approval letter, which right after that who has overseas dependants, will be asked for some application forms and documents.

I will go step by step, try to bring my experience that you will not have the same difficulties.

Firstly, do not wait for an approval letter, you can now start to fill application forms, there generally the same VO requesting.
So you will have some time to prepare and not lose days to sending.

- Schedule A [IMM5669]
- Additional Dependents/Declaration Form [IMM0008DEP]

Secondly, prepare some additional documents like - passport biodata page (first page with photos dates, etc ), marriage certificates, birth certificates, police certificates ( check where you will get it and how long will take if necessary) national IDs. If your passport expired renew it. I think you get my point about all things related to documents.

Thirdly, you will double triple maybe before sending check again all your documents, numbers date everything. Because during sending process it is very stressful, your mind somehow blocked each time when you will check your forms and documents you probably find mistypes, even forgotten information which is for you- uppss I forget, I should add it, but VO immigration will think he has something to hide, or they will ask additional document which is will take more time to process your application.

ALL forms should be up to date. When I was speaking with my friend I was asking what you write let say the first BOX, the said I do not have that box, then I realized that he has sent the 2018 application form. but Immigration asks to send only updated forms. Again double check,

Lastly more tricky moment, you will have a lot of pdf forms and you maybe could not send them in one email. https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf use this web site to compress them, secondly, write in your email that you are going separate emails numbering - email 1 of the 5, email 2 of the 5, etc.
Put DOB, UCI, APPLICATIONS NUMBERS in each email, make it easier for them to find your application, and more readable.

I got an approval letter last week. but it took one week for me to send it today. I lost some days not going work, ( normal process) a lot of stress.
It could be maybe 2 days without it if I could be ready somehow or not gathering information about compressing pdf, sending emails separately, finding mistakes on applications, etc.

But fortunately, I sent them. it is not about to send them during one day it is about to send it properly and avoiding maximum mistakes.

GOOD luck to everyone who is waiting ( because everyone waits, some CORP, some APPROVALS, some, etc etc etc. )

KatbiyaNazi

Jun 13, 2019
here is useful info as well.

Hello everyone,

I am March 2019 applicant, already received approval letter waiting for CORP,

Here I would like to share some experience with you guys, who are waiting for an approval letter, which right after that who has overseas dependants, will be asked for some application forms and documents.

I will go step by step, try to bring my experience that you will not have the same difficulties.

Firstly, do not wait for an approval letter, you can now start to fill application forms, there generally the same VO requesting.
So you will have some time to prepare and not lose days to sending.

- Schedule A [IMM5669]
- Additional Dependents/Declaration Form [IMM0008DEP]

Secondly, prepare some additional documents like - passport biodata page (first page with photos dates, etc ), marriage certificates, birth certificates, police certificates ( check where you will get it and how long will take if necessary) national IDs. If your passport expired renew it. I think you get my point about all things related to documents.

Thirdly, you will double triple maybe before sending check again all your documents, numbers date everything. Because during sending process it is very stressful, your mind somehow blocked each time when you will check your forms and documents you probably find mistypes, even forgotten information which is for you- uppss I forget, I should add it, but VO immigration will think he has something to hide, or they will ask additional document which is will take more time to process your application.

ALL forms should be up to date. When I was speaking with my friend I was asking what you write let say the first BOX, the said I do not have that box, then I realized that he has sent the 2018 application form. but Immigration asks to send only updated forms. Again double check,

Lastly more tricky moment, you will have a lot of pdf forms and you maybe could not send them in one email. https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf use this web site to compress them, secondly, write in your email that you are going separate emails numbering - email 1 of the 5, email 2 of the 5, etc.
Put DOB, UCI, APPLICATIONS NUMBERS in each email, make it easier for them to find your application, and more readable.

I got an approval letter last week. but it took one week for me to send it today. I lost some days not going work, ( normal process) a lot of stress.
It could be maybe 2 days without it if I could be ready somehow or not gathering information about compressing pdf, sending emails separately, finding mistakes on applications, etc.

But fortunately, I sent them. it is not about to send them during one day it is about to send it properly and avoiding maximum mistakes.

GOOD luck to everyone who is waiting ( because everyone waits, some CORP, some APPROVALS, some, etc etc etc. )
Such great information. You are amazing! :)