IRCC Testing New Permanent Resident Confirmation Portal

mattandally

Nov 23, 2019
Lincoln, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
I received my COPR via email, and I've had to send the photo via mail. No mention of 'landing'. Is this something I still have to do? The letter never mentioned it, and basically said I'm a PR now and just to wait on the PR card.

Can I go home for the holidays and apply for a PR travel doc to get back into Canada?

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I received my COPR via email, and I've had to send the photo via mail. No mention of 'landing'. Is this something I still have to do? The letter never mentioned it, and basically said I'm a PR now and just to wait on the PR card.

Can I go home for the holidays and apply for a PR travel doc to get back into Canada?
You're considered "landed" since they sent you the CoPR directly.

Yes, you can apply for the PR travel doc to return, but be weary of the processing times. Check out this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

If you do end up applying for a PRTD once you're outside Canada do let me know. I'm curious of how it works in practice.

mattandally

Nov 23, 2019
Lincoln, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
You're considered "landed" since they sent you the CoPR directly.

Yes, you can apply for the PR travel doc to return, but be weary of the processing times. Check out this page:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/urgent.html

If you do end up applying for a PRTD once you're outside Canada do let me know. I'm curious of how it works in practice.
I thought that was the case, as there was no mention of landing, but because they didn't say anything I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming. It says I'm a PR and I've already got my SIN and OHIP coverage within the last week.

I'm nervous about leaving and applying for this travel doc. PR cards typically take 45 days to process, but due to covid they are now estimating 127 days. I've already been away from my family for 1.5 years. Another 5 months will be brutal. I can't find any estimated processing times for PRTD's though, which is really keeping me on the fence.

Any idea how long they're likely to take? Surely if I have a return flight booked I should be able to speed it up in some way.

Thanks in advance.

Kais767

Jun 22, 2013
I'm nervous about leaving and applying for this travel doc. PR cards typically take 45 days to process, but due to covid they are now estimating 127 days. I've already been away from my family for 1.5 years. Another 5 months will be brutal. I can't find any estimated processing times for PRTD's though, which is really keeping me on the fence.

Any idea how long they're likely to take? Surely if I have a return flight booked I should be able to speed it up in some way.

Thanks in advance.
If you look around the forum about PR cards you'll see some people have been waiting for 6 months and counting to get the PR card -- maybe even longer than the PR processing itself! That said, there have also been reports of people getting them in 2 weeks, and anywhere in between. There's just no real answer.

They're also intentionally vague about the PRTD processing times. The only hint is this:

If your return flight to Canada is in less than six weeks:
  • mark your application “urgent”
  • provide your travel dates and flight itinerary when applying

I totally understand your predicament. I'll also be facing the same issue (once I actually get approved, that is...) so I'd be torn.

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi Everyone please help and share your experiences/expertise on this: I have received letter of approval on December 1st and I am April 1st 2019 protected person applicant. Anyone received the Pr Confirmation Portal link recently being a protected person or is this just for express entry? And @mattandally hoe long after Approval did you receive the Copr by email?

Manasviw

Sep 14, 2017
I have received an email about credentials of pr confirmation portal. When I log in, I have to enter only Canadian address, I am an inland applicant. I replied to them on email that I was in Canada two years back but I have been residing in India ever since. Is someone facing similar situation as I am not receiving any response and my file is still with CPC Ottawa and I think it should come to Delhi or any Indian visa office for next steps. Please help

Reactions: Armaani

manik1203

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
Got an email from them with credentials, have uploaded my address and the photo, hope they will accept it soon and thats itt
Hi, I also received the email to provide email ID's of all the individuals in the file. I replied back on the same day (12/15). Could you please let me know by when I would expect the next email with PR portal credentials?

Fair_Enough

Star Member
Oct 19, 2020
IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal email received - November 28 (Etobicoke )
IRCC Portal profile created, address confirmed, photo uploaded - December 4

No updates since then.

amrit0088

Dec 10, 2020
Got an email from them with credentials, have uploaded my address and the photo, hope they will accept it soon and thats itt
Any update ??? i just got my email today about the portal and next steps i just replied with my email and other questions

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Guys that is awsome to see alot of portal emails. Can you guys also share when did you get the email post approval. I was told by the agent that my profile.got approved on 28 November and waiting for the email.

amrit0088

Dec 10, 2020
Guys that is awsome to see alot of portal emails. Can you guys also share when did you get the email post approval. I was told by the agent that my profile.got approved on 28 November and waiting for the email.
My application still shows submitted
aor 24june2020
biometric 7dec2020