+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Immy075

Nov 15, 2020
here is useful info as well.

Hello everyone,

I am March 2019 applicant, already received approval letter waiting for CORP,

Here I would like to share some experience with you guys, who are waiting for an approval letter, which right after that who has overseas dependants, will be asked for some application forms and documents.

I will go step by step, try to bring my experience that you will not have the same difficulties.

Firstly, do not wait for an approval letter, you can now start to fill application forms, there generally the same VO requesting.
So you will have some time to prepare and not lose days to sending.

- Generic Application Form [IMM0008]
- Schedule A [IMM5669]
- Additional Dependents/Declaration Form [IMM0008DEP]
- Supplementary Information – Your Travels [IMM5562]
- Additional Family Information [IMM5406]

Secondly, prepare some additional documents like - passport biodata page (first page with photos dates, etc ), marriage certificates, birth certificates, police certificates ( check where you will get it and how long will take if necessary) national IDs. If your passport expired renew it. I think you get my point about all things related to documents.

Thirdly, you will double triple maybe before sending check again all your documents, numbers date everything. Because during sending process it is very stressful, your mind somehow blocked each time when you will check your forms and documents you probably find mistypes, even forgotten information which is for you- uppss I forget, I should add it, but VO immigration will think he has something to hide, or they will ask additional document which is will take more time to process your application.

ALL forms should be up to date. When I was speaking with my friend I was asking what you write let say the first BOX, the said I do not have that box, then I realized that he has sent the 2018 application form. but Immigration asks to send only updated forms. Again double check,

Lastly more tricky moment, you will have a lot of pdf forms and you maybe could not send them in one email. https://smallpdf.com/compress-pdf use this web site to compress them, secondly, write in your email that you are going separate emails numbering - email 1 of the 5, email 2 of the 5, etc.
Put DOB, UCI, APPLICATIONS NUMBERS in each email, make it easier for them to find your application, and more readable.

I got an approval letter last week. but it took one week for me to send it today. I lost some days not going work, ( normal process) a lot of stress.
It could be maybe 2 days without it if I could be ready somehow or not gathering information about compressing pdf, sending emails separately, finding mistakes on applications, etc.

But fortunately, I sent them. it is not about to send them during one day it is about to send it properly and avoiding maximum mistakes.

GOOD luck to everyone who is waiting ( because everyone waits, some CORP, some APPROVALS, some, etc etc etc. )
I confuse about IMM0008 form first 3 question what should I write there they asked to fill for my wfe i don't have children I'm protected person here in Canada anybody can help with first three question help will be appreciate
1-program under which you are applying
2-Category under which you are applying
3-how many family members including you in this application
this form is for my wife only we don't have kids
anybody can help submitting this form in England Canadian embassy

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
I think We share almost the same time line i am also mid may 2019 applicant. Pcc and fingerprint done in feb 2019.Please share if you get a chance to talk to them. Good luck
I got an update, just received my GCMS notes, SO CONFUSED, it says basically nothing passed yet, that they asked fro medical and are waiting for it when they never did and also says in decision queue, IM SO CONFUSED, can someone help explain this please?
it says in the note; Feb 2020: "Client is a PA. Eligibility review proof of PP is on FILE. ID provided. No adverse info found in GCMS. Admissibility review to be requested. Police certificate screening results: N/A RCMP. screening results: no portable trace found. validity date: Feb 2021. PA medical status: Medicals requested. Pending receipt from client. Information sharing results: NOt applicable. Paper file location: PP - Queued for Decision

Also on top says:

ASSESSEMENTS:
Eligibility: Not Started
Security: Not started
HIRV:
CRIMINALITY: In Progress
MEDICAL: Passed - Expired
INFO SHARING: complete

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
I got an update, just received my GCMS notes, SO CONFUSED, it says basically nothing passed yet, that they asked fro medical and are waiting for it when they never did and also says in decision queue, IM SO CONFUSED, can someone help explain this please?
it says in the note; Feb 2020: "Client is a PA. Eligibility review proof of PP is on FILE. ID provided. No adverse info found in GCMS. Admissibility review to be requested. Police certificate screening results: N/A RCMP. screening results: no portable trace found. validity date: Feb 2021. PA medical status: Medicals requested. Pending receipt from client. Information sharing results: NOt applicable. Paper file location: PP - Queued for Decision

Also on top says:

ASSESSEMENTS:
HIRV:
Unfortunately, you have to wait, no one can know when you will pass

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020

Also on top says:

ASSESSEMENTS:
HIRV:
Whenever you are checking GCMS, check the dates as well for each notes maybe after mentioned details you have more updates just check the updates one

Reactions: Ex ツ

Mom31

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

Also on top says:

ASSESSEMENTS:
HIRV:
About medical what I think is the officer requested for the extension. I read in previous posts that if thats the only thing pending they will ask for the extension but not sure from whom. May be medical department etc. So may be thats the request they sent. And about other things I think by the time you have got the gcms few more days have passed. So it may not be the the latest information. These are just my thoughts not sure though. Mostly people are getting dm after timeline is 100 percent so we still have time.

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
I confuse about IMM0008 form first 3 question what should I write there they asked to fill for my wfe i don't have children I'm protected person here in Canada anybody can help with first three question help will be appreciate
1-program under which you are applying
2-Category under which you are applying
3-how many family members including you in this application
this form is for my wife only we don't have kids
anybody can help submitting this form in England Canadian embassy
the first question and the second one are connected.

in my case, I wrote the family category and spouse in the second question.

some friends said could be a refugee but I read here and my friend who has more experience told me should be family, cause my wife has no any problems as a refugee and she is just connecting with me here, as I can not stay away from my family. personal opinion with some research by myself..

in the third question, as you fill the form for your wife and you do not have kids there will be number 1.

in my case, I wrote 2.

again do research, and write how you think could be right.

Reactions: Ex ツ

Ratmir

Jun 9, 2017
[Update] IRCC has committed to reducing the COVID-19 spousal sponsorship backlog. Unfortunately, this week it has had to reduce its "footprint" at CPC-Mississauga due to the second wave of COVID-19. However, they are looking at digitizing these paper applications so that processing can resume.

https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43-2/CIMM/meeting-8/evidence
it means the slowly work becomes more slowly even unmoveable :)

good luck to everyone with get through with patience

Reactions: Ryan4 and adbcca

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
Ryan thanks for above info. I just checked through this link and it's showing "Decion made" but can't see any changes once I click on DM still not enough info. Please share ur experience
Hello @Marsali , have you received the email that says. “ we’re please to advise you that the processing of your application has been completed. The IRCC office in (Etobicoke) will contact you....”

@Sujeepan Ganeshamoorthy too. Did you receive it yet ?

The three of us have the same situation. The status is DM, but no email yet for me.

Help2

Nov 16, 2020

Also on top says:

ASSESSEMENTS:
HIRV:
I've requested for my GCMS notes as well. how long does it usually take to receive them ? I'm a May 7th 2019 applicant currently sitting at 95% .. I thought maybe I could request the GCMS notes for now to kind of get an idea of what's going on with my application .. and then perhaps give them a call once i get to 100% if I don't receive any updates

Ghess23

Apr 11, 2014
I've requested for my GCMS notes as well. how long does it usually take to receive them ? I'm a May 7th 2019 applicant currently sitting at 95% .. I thought maybe I could request the GCMS notes for now to kind of get an idea of what's going on with my application .. and then perhaps give them a call once i get to 100% if I don't receive any updates
I got them exactly 26 days after, so request ASAP! We have the same timeline. I think my application is more advanced then this and that they are just not updating enough, last mine was updated was feb 2020

Reactions: Help2

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
O Rayn I wish only nothing at all new this morning I check through that link status show DM but online account showing nothing same as it. I m n huge anxiety I don't know what to do and after COPR again three month for PR card
It’s okay brother, we have to be patient; otherwise we will be unproductive and stuck where we are now.

Once we receive the CoPR, we shouldn’t worry about the card because they both function the same way. One step at a time and everything will pass by inshallah.