+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa after further medical request

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
If there's no date under the entry stamp on this initial super visa entry then do remember, she can stay only for 6 months even though she has a super visa.

I'm happy to help :)
Hi Bryanna,

it seems i am in trouble, so my mom's passport was requested and her cic account says application approved. she had sent the passport through vfs 2 weeks back, and today when she got it back there is no new visa sticker on it, just the old TRV sticker is there.

On her cic account i see this below:

could it be that they forgot somehow to put supervisa sticker OR the visa officer thought its a TRV application which is already there so didnt bother. Kindly help if you have seen this happening before with other applicants please.

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@hims0912

Please delete your mom's personal details from your previous post.

From the CIC update it is clear that she has been issued a visa that's valid until July 2023. Just to clarify: When does her existing TRV expire (the one she had before applying for a super visa)?

Reactions: hims0912

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
@hims0912

Please delete your mom's personal details from your previous post.

From the CIC update it is clear that she has been issued a visa that's valid until July 2023. Just to clarify: When does her existing TRV expire (the one she had before applying for a super visa)?
Hi Bryanna, thanks for quick reply. Her existing TRV is July 2023 (which is until her passport is valid). she got the passport back but it only has the old TRV sticker and no new supervisa sticker with PG1 on it. i am very confused what to do next.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, thanks for quick reply. Her existing TRV is July 2023 (which is until her passport is valid). she got the passport back but it only has the old TRV sticker and no new supervisa sticker with PG1 on it. i am very confused what to do next.
IMO, the visa office has not granted her a super visa because she has a valid TRV. This was one of the concerns before you applied i.e. whether the existing TRV would be cancelled and a super visa would be issued.

I suggest you email the visa office and request for the decision on her super visa application. If she has been refused (hopefully not), then they should email the refusal letter

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
IMO, the visa office has not granted her a super visa because she has a valid TRV. This was one of the concerns before you applied i.e. whether the existing TRV would be cancelled and a super visa would be issued.

I suggest you email the visa office and request for the decision on her super visa application. If she has been refused (hopefully not), then they should email the refusal letter
HI Bryanna, when you say visa office you mean : DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca , correct?

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
You can email NDVO
thanks a lot Bryanna, i have emailed new delhi visa office. will wait to see what they reply. in my head i am thinking why they would approve the application in the first place if they didnt want to grant supervisa, i mean on application form it clearly states that she has TRV already.
have you heard of such case before?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
IRCC should have replaced the existing visitor's visa sticker with the supervisa counterfoil but they haven't done it and you should have mentioned this in a letter to the visa officer that your intention is to replace her regular visitor's visa to supervisa despite the fact you know about the stay extension. Somehow they got confused and didn't put a new counterfoil. Hope they will fix it

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
IRCC should have replaced the existing visitor's visa sticker with the supervisa counterfoil but they haven't done it and you should have mentioned this in a letter to the visa officer that your intention is to replace her regular visitor's visa to supervisa despite the fact you know about the stay extension. Somehow they got confused and didn't put a new counterfoil. Hope they will fix it
thank you for the reply, yeah thats what i am sincerely hoping that they would fix this. i have emailed new delhi visa office and hopefully would get a reply this week.

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
You can email NDVO
Hey Bryanna, should i submit a case specific inquiry as well to IRCC Webform New delhi, because reply over my email to (DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) doesnt look like would come anytime soon as i read around in the forum for others.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey Bryanna, should i submit a case specific inquiry as well to IRCC Webform New delhi, because reply over my email to (DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca) doesnt look like would come anytime soon as i read around in the forum for others.
You can submit both. On the contrary, replies to CSEs take longer than emails. Either which way, I hope you get a positive reply/your mom's super visa soon