+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa after further medical request

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, cant thank you enough, your replies are super quick and extremely helpful :)
just checked with air canada website and got an itinerary, looks like this below and i hope it works.
It will work. You can include a sentence to say that confirmed tickets will be booked when her super visa is issued.

BTW the meals on this non-stop flight (or even the one to Mumbai) are bad LOL

Reactions: hims0912

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
It will work. You can include a sentence to say that confirmed tickets will be booked when her super visa is issued.

BTW the meals on this non-stop flight (or even the one to Mumbai) are bad LOL
Thank you Bryanna, thats so true, last time i was on delhi-tor flight my food was still frozen, asked them to please warm it up again lol.

One more thing please, i recently bought a house with my friend (as 50 -50% interest) and thats where my mom will stay during her entire visit on super visa. i am attaching the registered deed of this house with the application as well.
1) do i need to notorize the deed? if not, do i need to submit more proofs like hydro bill showing my name etc?
2) should i also submit a declaration from my friend that she doesnt has any objections whatsoever regarding my mom stay. (fyi: until last year i was living with this same friend of mine in a condo and my mom always stayed with me in the same condo during her past three visits on tourist visa. Both (my mom and my friend) know each other very well and always are in very good terms with each other).

Kindly advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
One more thing please, i recently bought a house with my friend (as 50 -50% interest) and thats where my mom will stay during her entire visit on super visa. i am attaching the registered deed of this house with the application as well.
1) do i need to notorize the deed? if not, do i need to submit more proofs like hydro bill showing my name etc?
2) should i also submit a declaration from my friend that she doesnt has any objections whatsoever regarding my mom stay. (fyi: until last year i was living with this same friend of mine in a condo and my mom always stayed with me in the same condo during her past three visits on tourist visa. Both (my mom and my friend) know each other very well and always are in very good terms with each other).

Kindly advise.
IMO, you should keep it simple. A hydro bill or another utility bill would suffice. By submitting the registration deed and a declaration from your friend - both are not required - your mom's super visa application could go through extra questions..... For example, is your friend a pseudo-sponsor for your mom's super visa? Do you really meet LICO? etc etc.

I suggest you should focus on proving that you have more than adequate financial resources to support your mom's visit + your mom has reasons to return to India at the end of her visit

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
IMO, you should keep it simple. A hydro bill or another utility bill would suffice. By submitting the registration deed and a declaration from your friend - both are not required - your mom's super visa application could go through extra questions..... For example, is your friend a pseudo-sponsor for your mom's super visa? Do you really meet LICO? etc etc.

I suggest you should focus on proving that you have more than adequate financial resources to support your mom's visit + your mom has reasons to return to India at the end of her visit
thanks a lot for super quick reply again :). i can attach the hydro bill for sure. so you saying i shouldnt attach the registration deed or declaration from friend at all? or you saying that i should attach one of them (will attach the reg deed in that case).
i just read the forums earlier that most people always provide the property documents thats why was thinking to attach it to prove that i am not renting. In the invitation letter as well we are required to mention the "other people living in household", correct?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
thanks a lot for super quick reply again :). i can attach the hydro bill for sure. so you saying i shouldnt attach the registration deed or declaration from friend at all? or you saying that i should attach one of them (will attach the reg deed in that case).

i just read the forums earlier that most people always provide the property documents thats why was thinking to attach it to prove that i am not renting.
The registration deed is fine to some extent, but IMO, most certainly not the declaration from your friend.

In the invitation letter as well we are required to mention the "other people living in household", correct?
To word it more correctly (in IRCC language), the visa office would like to know your *family composition*..... and your *family*, as per IRCC, includes dependents (spouse/common-law partner, children, relatives who are dependent on the host i.e. you).

You seem to be walking the tightrope here. On one hand, you co-own the property with your friend.... but on the other hand, your mom's super visa application is not financially dependent or even dependent for other accommodation/living expenses on your friend.

Can your friend be termed as your 'relative'? How do you guys share expenses? You would know best if your friend can be included as a *relative* i.e. as part of your *family composition*.

Or better still, maybe it would be best to prove your income is way above LICO for three persons (you + your friend + your mom) so that there's no ambiguity or questioning. I would still suggest that you keep it simple

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
The registration deed is fine to some extent, but IMO, most certainly not the declaration from your friend.

To word it more correctly (in IRCC language), the visa office would like to know your *family composition*..... and your *family*, as per IRCC, includes dependents (spouse/common-law partner, children, relatives who are dependent on the host i.e. you).

You seem to be walking the tightrope here. On one hand, you co-own the property with your friend.... but on the other hand, your mom's super visa application is not financially dependent or even dependent for other accommodation/living expenses on your friend.

Can your friend be termed as your 'relative'? How do you guys share expenses? You would know best if your friend can be included as a *relative* i.e. as part of your *family composition*.

Or better still, maybe it would be best to prove your income is way above LICO for three persons (you + your friend + your mom) so that there's no ambiguity or questioning. I would still suggest that you keep it simple
Hi Bryanna, "relatives who are dependent on the host i.e. you" i can term my friend as a relative but she isn't dependent on me at all except the fact that we both pitch in half the monthly mortgage amount and also share other expenses (hydro, internet etc.), everything half. therefore we are helping each other out but i dont think i can term her as a relative.
its really a dilemma now, how about this: i attach the registration deed and in the invitation letter i would mention something like this below:

"Inviter’s Details and Establishment in Canada
I have resided in Canada since July, 2013 . I am single and own my own house (situated at: XXXX, Ontario). I recently purchased this house on January 22, 2018 with my friend Ms. XX XX and we share (50-50%) the monthly mortgage installment. I have been employed for over 3 years and currently working as XXX .. continue ...

and in the "Inviter Particulars" i would mention this:
Immigration Status: Permanent Resident of Canada (effective from 13 November,2016)
Number of family members living with Host: 0
..Continue..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, "relatives who are dependent on the host i.e. you" i can term my friend as a relative but she isn't dependent on me at all except the fact that we both pitch in half the monthly mortgage amount and also share other expenses (hydro, internet etc.), everything half. therefore we are helping each other out but i dont think i can term her as a relative.
That's correct. She is not a relative + not part of your family composition. She is a co-owner + she shares expenses exactly in half.

its really a dilemma now, how about this: i attach the registration deed and in the invitation letter i would mention something like this below:

"Inviter’s Details and Establishment in Canada
I have resided in Canada since July, 2013 . I am single and own my own house (situated at: XXXX, Ontario). I recently purchased this house on January 22, 2018 with my friend Ms. XX XX and we share (50-50%) the monthly mortgage installment. I have been employed for over 3 years and currently working as XXX .. continue ...

and in the "Inviter Particulars" i would mention this:
Immigration Status: Permanent Resident of Canada (effective from 13 November,2016)
Number of family members living with Host: 0
..Continue..
Maybe your invitation letter should be along these lines:
Super Visa Host:
Name:
Passport Number:
PR Card:
Address:
Employment:
Income:
Relationship to applicant: etc etc

Family Composition:
Marital status: Unmarried, no dependents i.e. no spouse, not in a common-law relationship, and no children

Members in the household: One person in addition to myself who is not related to me i.e. Ms.XYZ (Passport Number: etc etc)

I co-own the property, in equal percentage, with Ms.XYZ (Reference: Registration deed for the property) + I share expenses with Ms.XYZ on a 50:50 basis with (Evidence can be provided, if required)

LICO: My income is CAD XXXXXX which comfortably exceeds the minimum income threshold required for two persons as per my family composition (my mother/applicant and Super Visa host/myself)..... and/or for three persons as per the household composition (my mother/applicant + myself + Ms.XYZ)

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
That's correct. She is not a relative + not part of your family composition. She is a co-owner + she shares expenses exactly in half.

Maybe your invitation letter should be along these lines:
Super Visa Host:
Name:
Passport Number:
PR Card:
Address:
Employment:
Income:
Relationship to applicant: etc etc

Family Composition:
Marital status: Unmarried, no dependents i.e. no spouse, not in a common-law relationship, and no children

Members in the household: One person in addition to myself who is not related to me i.e. Ms.XYZ (Passport Number: etc etc)

I co-own the property, in equal percentage, with Ms.XYZ (Reference: Registration deed for the property) + I share expenses with Ms.XYZ on a 50:50 basis with (Evidence can be provided, if required)

LICO: My income is CAD XXXXXX which comfortably exceeds the minimum income threshold required for two persons as per my family composition (my mother/applicant and Super Visa host/myself)..... and/or for three persons as per the household composition (my mother/applicant + myself + Ms.XYZ)
Hi Bryanna, they should put a superlike button here, no limits of appreciation is enough for you. this seems perfect and should make my case very clear to the officer. i will put this in the invitation letter now. again, i cant thank you enough, you are way more helpful than cic website could ever be from case perspective.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, they should put a superlike button here, no limits of appreciation is enough for you. this seems perfect and should make my case very clear to the officer. i will put this in the invitation letter now. again, i cant thank you enough, you are way more helpful than cic website could ever be from case perspective.
I'm happy to help. Thanks so much for your kind words. I've got my fingers crossed for your mom to get her super visa

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
I'm happy to help. Thanks so much for your kind words. I've got my fingers crossed for your mom to get her super visa
Hi Bryanna, one more thing i wanted to ask regarding my mother's supervisa applicaion, is mentioning the designation necessary on the leave letter issued by my mother's workplace?

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
Normally, job titles are stated in such letters
ok thank you for quick reply. actually why i asked is: i had mentioned my mom's designation in the invitation letter already but when she got the leave letter from her work the designation is slightly different (instead of Director they mentioned Executive, due to some recent changes), so was wondering if i should reflect that change in my invitation letter and get it notorized again. FYI i havent submitted the application yet for my mom. will be submitting either tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
ok thank you for quick reply. actually why i asked is: i had mentioned my mom's designation in the invitation letter already but when she got the leave letter from her work the designation is slightly different (instead of Director they mentioned Executive, due to some recent changes), so was wondering if i should reflect that change in my invitation letter and get it notorized again. FYI i havent submitted the application yet for my mom. will be submitting either tomorrow or day after tomorrow.
The leave approval letter must state her current designation.

Notarization is not required

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
The leave approval letter must state her current designation.

Notarization is not required
thank you Bryanna, i have changed my invitation letter to reflect the same designation as leave letter and got it (invitation letter) notarized as well, hopefully will submit the application tonight.