+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Supervisa after further medical request

newuser_12345

Apr 16, 2018
Hello, I see that there are lots of helpful people around here. Really need help with my situation:-

1) Parents already have Visitor Visa and we have booked their trip end of April 2018
2) We also applied for Super Visa applied on 8-march - no change in Status after submitting. ( was hoping it would be done by now)

In this situation,
1) Can they travel to Canada and stay for 6 months on original visa?
2) If the SuperVisa approval arrives while they are in Canada, do they have to go back to India for stamping? OR is there a way to get it done in Canada itself?
Note: They have US visa - so, can we go to US and get the supervisa activated

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Hello, I see that there are lots of helpful people around here. Really need help with my situation:-

1) Parents already have Visitor Visa and we have booked their trip end of April 2018
2) We also applied for Super Visa applied on 8-march - no change in Status after submitting. ( was hoping it would be done by now)

In this situation,
2) If the SuperVisa approval arrives while they are in Canada, do they have to go back to India for stamping? OR is there a way to get it done in Canada itself?
Exactly my situation. Someone on this forum confirmed with IRCC through twitter that the regular visa won't be cancelled if supervisa application is being processed. It means they can travel.
If everything is all good then visa stamping can be requested within Canada.
I am going through the same process but my mother is coming in May and her supervisa application is going to be filed in a few days.
Keep us posted about your situation

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hey Hims,
I have the exact same situations as yours but i'm here with my wife and two kids and they want her grandmother with them always, when she got backs they go into depression mode which in turn turns everyone to depression mode. I'm eager to hear your story. What happened finally ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
In this situation,
It would depend on the officer they meet at the POE. Generally (and in most cases), yes, they could be allowed in for 6 months.

If they get passport requests, they can submit their passports to CPC-O. It is doable, but email CPC-O and the visa office in their home country first.

Again, for how long they are allowed back in when they return from the US would depend on the officer at the POE. If it seems like they are not short-term visitors, their super visa stay could be limited. Ideally, they should return to their home country for some months.... and then return on their super visas.... and to stay for up to 2 years on the FIRST super visa entry, there must be a handwritten date.

No handwritten date on the first visit + any subsequent entries on the super visa = 6 months = similar to a TRV entry

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Does the status update state that she has passed the medicals? If yes then her chances of approval are higher.

Subsequent to this, the super visa application will be reviewed for a number of factors such as your ability to financially support your parents' visit + their ties to India + review of the host and applicants' documents. You'll need to wait until these processes are completed before your parents get visa decisions
Hi Bryanna I need your suggestion about my parents supervisa application, I sent enquiry email and they respond that your application is in progress, I got application number from them and link the application online. It shows medical passed and they don’t need anything else . Last note is that application is in progress we will send you message once final decision will made . Is there any hope for approval?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna I need your suggestion about my parents supervisa application, I sent enquiry email and they respond that your application is in progress, I got application number from them and link the application online. It shows medical passed and they don’t need anything else . Last note is that application is in progress we will send you message once final decision will made . Is there any hope for approval?
Yes, you can expect approvals in a couple/few weeks. In the meanwhile, I would suggest you recheck all documents to see that you have provided adequate evidence for LICO (not just your employment letter, for example) + your bank statement + your parents have shown some ties to return home to

sngr09

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
Yes, you can expect approvals in a couple/few weeks. In the meanwhile, I would suggest you recheck all documents to see that you have provided adequate evidence for LICO (not just your employment letter, for example) + your bank statement + your parents have shown some ties to return home to
Thanks for your reply , yeah I checked all documents. Processing time is already over . Paper application was applied on 24 jan 2018 .

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
You can submit both. On the contrary, replies to CSEs take longer than emails. Either which way, I hope you get a positive reply/your mom's super visa soon
Hi Bryanna, fortunately my mom's issue with stamp got resolved, and now she has got the stamp PG1 sticker on her passport. Thanks so much for all your help. I have a small question though, does the start date of the medical insurance needs to be same as the departure date from backhome (the date she boards the flight)? or can the effective date for medical insurance start few days in advance (lets say 1 week from her departure date). Please let me know.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna, fortunately my mom's issue with stamp got resolved, and now she has got the stamp PG1 sticker on her passport. Thanks so much for all your help.
That's absolutely fantastic. What's the validity of her PG1 visa? Until the expiry of her passport?

I have a small question though, does the start date of the medical insurance needs to be same as the departure date from backhome (the date she boards the flight)? or can the effective date for medical insurance start few days in advance (lets say 1 week from her departure date). Please let me know.
No issues at all

Reactions: hims0912

hims0912

Star Member
Jun 15, 2017
That's absolutely fantastic. What's the validity of her PG1 visa? Until the expiry of her passport?

No issues at all
Hi Bryanna,

Yes she got the PG1 valid until the passport expiry (2023) :) :) :)
Thanks so much again for all your help. I will request the insurance company to prepone the effective start date a bit. I know she needs to carry the insurance certificate and the original invitation letter from me with her at the time of boarding. anything else if comes to your mind that is required for PG1 (which border officer might ask) then please let me know. thanks so so much.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes she got the PG1 valid until the passport expiry (2023) :) :) :)
That's the best that was possible :):)

Basically, they cancelled her previous TRV counterfoil which was also valid until her passport expiry.... and issued the PG-1 valid until passport expiry. Perfect!

Thanks so much again for all your help. I will request the insurance company to prepone the effective start date a bit. I know she needs to carry the insurance certificate and the original invitation letter from me with her at the time of boarding. anything else if comes to your mind that is required for PG1 (which border officer might ask) then please let me know. thanks so so much.
The big must-remember point:
She must request the officer at the POE to let her know if she is allowed to stay for up to two years on the initial entry on this new PG-1.... and she must have the 2-year date put on her passport

Reactions: hims0912
May 12, 2016
Hi guys, my mom received a medical request last April 24 and have gone to do it on April 26. Unfortunately, she needs to undergo sputum test and it will take 8-10weeks for the result. What should I do now on her application? Should I inform CIC or they will be informed by the clinic itself? By the way, i applied online on her behalf

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi guys, my mom received a medical request last April 24 and have gone to do it on April 26. Unfortunately, she needs to undergo sputum test and it will take 8-10weeks for the result. What should I do now on her application? Should I inform CIC or they will be informed by the clinic itself? By the way, i applied online on her behalf
You don't need to inform IRCC. The clinic will inform IRCC about the test results/medical furtherance