Thanks for this!Hello to all,
There appears to be (based on the many different application “submission” dates) no genuine rhyme or reason as to how to correctly attain a WP approval within the “current processing times”. Some seem to have luck with calling IRCC, while others have better luck sending repeated webforms. Some applications sent in mid August have only just been approved, while others from September are also getting notification, and for the extremely unfortunate ones, application submission dates have long since passed 100 days! (all observed through the various pages of this thread).
I have no answers, no “faster, correct” way of getting what we all wish for. I only have my experience to share with you all.
Below is my timeline, from application submission date, to WP approval.
(For reference, the application was for: BOWP + SOWP (Principal applicant + 1 dependant, both In-country)
I wish everyone the greatest success, and hope the wait will be over sooner rather than later.
- September 8th - IRCC acknowledgement email that applications had been submitted
- November 15th - 68th Day
- November 16th - Sent case specific webforms to IRCC, stating applications had surpassed the current processing times.
- November 17th - Email received from IRCC - Generic response, stating applications had been checked, all seemed in order, rest assured I would be informed as soon as a decision had been made
- November 22nd - 75th Day - Another case specific webform was sent to IRCC, again stating the applications had well passed the current processing times of (currently) 69 days.
- November 26th - Email received from IRCC - Generic response once again, stating applications had been checked, though this time actually acknowledging the September 8th submission date. Stating also that the application was within “normal processing times” which made no sense at all, as it clearly was not.
- November 27th - Email from IRCC - OWPs approved
Did you receive both work permits at once?