+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE profile - Include all work history or only work for which I can claim points?

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
I have a question on the Reference letters. One of my letters does not contain the job duties. It's my current job and also the contact number of my supervisor. Will CIC get back to me for an updated letter ? I am hoping they don't reject my application out right just because the letter doesn't have the job duties.

Please let me know if anyone has an idea or has had a similar issue in the past. Thank you.

Mandeep76

Dec 7, 2019
I can assure you, you won't get banned for claiming points for just 1 yr of work experience. I have done the same and got my PR.

What you will get banned for though, is not matching NOC correctly and providing insufficient documentation. This will surely lead to rejection.

And like your lawyer said, regardless of points you have to mention all your work experience...but this should be done while filling the personal history section post ITA. At the time of creating your profile, please put in work experience that you have all the documentation for.
Hi did also use LOE for putting work experience in personal history section.

Ontariogirl

Sep 7, 2019
Guys please help

1. I am claiming points with my last job, which ended in September 2019, however, I read somewhere that I will need to provide reference letter for my present job as well (which is just about 4 months) and I'm not claiming points for it. Kindly advise on what to do, I don't think I can get a reference letter for a 4 months old job since I've not even been confirmed on the job

2. I did a training for a period of 4 months in 2016, do I need to state it as education activity under my personal history?

Thank you guys!

yash_91

Nov 13, 2019
Hey Guys,

Thanks in advance for any insights you have.

I have two jobs which I did not claim points for during my EE profile. Honestly I can't remember the periods of employments even. So can I omit them out from the personal history as well, as I can put as I was studying during that time(I was reading for my degree).
Will it be a problem? How does IRCC verify about our personal history?
I'm worried as they did pay me EPF and ETFs during those times.

Please help.

gagan24

Star Member
Sep 13, 2019
Whether you want to claim points for 1 year of work experience or 3 years of experience is completely your prerogative. If you have sufficient crs points to get ITA by showing just 1 year work experience in your profile, then I would say show just one year. This will reduce documents from your end. This is what I did too.

Post ITA you will have to fill the personal history section. This would include all your activities in the past 10 yrs. Here you will mention all other work experience, including the one you're claiming points for, in chronological order.
Hi,
I have a query.
I came to Canada on student visa in Nov 2017. In that,I have shown 2 years of experience (july 2015-july 2017).I have attached only experience letter.
presently, I am working in Canada at noc -b job .And my 1 year of experience is done.
my question is ,Is it mandatory to show that Indian 2 year exp.in my express entry ?
Because I don't have proper documents for that-I have only experience letter with me-which doesnt have my duties over it.Also,I used to geT salary in cash (I HAVE MENTIONED THIS IN MY EXPERIENCE LETTER). Moreover,as my salary was less so I didnt filed tax in India.
My points are already good enough with Canadian experience.

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019
Hi everyone

I know this is an old post but I still wanted to reach out for some advice, since you guys have already been through the entire EE process and would know best.

I have a similar query regarding jobs and points not being claimed. As a student, I was working part time around ~10 hours a week and I continued to work for that even after I graduated, along with my full time job that I am using for my EE points. Now, for Canadian Experienced Class, I have only claimed points for my primary full-time occupation after graduation (1 year experience). Consequently, I did not include details for this part time job, because it doesn't fall under NOC 0, A, or B and I am not claiming points for this job. I did not include this in my personal history as well, which I think I may have made a mistake?

Do you think they will consider this as misrepresentation since I have already submitted my application for review? Should I contact them via webform and ask?

Thanks for your time guys and I appreciate your help!

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
Hello,
So while filling my EE under work experience i included a NOC C job which i wont be claiming points for and I have already received an ITA my question is does the crs calculator count points for a noc C job or it automatically disregards Noc C jobs.
Secondly, now that I already received an iTA will they ask for letters for this Noc C job or they wont since it's not considered among the accepted NOCs for PR application.
Lastly, I also included my spouse's work experience yet I'm not going to claim any points from her, will they also ask for her letters? One of her jobs was self employed what proof do they need for this.

I have not Accepted the ITA yet..any advise will be much appreciated

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hello,
So while filling my EE under work experience i included a NOC C job which i wont be claiming points for and I have already received an ITA my question is does the crs calculator count points for a noc C job or it automatically disregards Noc C jobs.
Secondly, now that I already received an iTA will they ask for letters for this Noc C job or they wont since it's not considered among the accepted NOCs for PR application.
Lastly, I also included my spouse's work experience yet I'm not going to claim any points from her, will they also ask for her letters? One of her jobs was self employed what proof do they need for this.

I have not Accepted the ITA yet..any advise will be much appreciated
Proofs of employment will be requested only for those jobs you fill under the employment section in your PR application. You are able to remove/add details from your EE profile (though I seem to remember they transfer over information for convenience). I suggest that the best strategy is to have as simple an application as possible (only put in necessary information) and then obsessively check to make sure it's complete and there are no inconsistencies anywhere.

So here's what I recommend:
1) Put only the jobs that you need for points in the employment section. Double check that you have enough years of experience to get to eligibility (67) as well as the CRS score cut off for the round you were invited in, and then delete everything else.
2) For any other jobs that were in the past decade, record it in your personal history. Make sure it matches up with your address history and/or travel history (applicable only if you've moved cities/countries for work).
3) You can explain the differences from your EE profile in your letter of explanation, just to be safe (though I think it's probably overkill)

All the best.

Reactions: Hampton

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
Proofs of employment will be requested only for those jobs you fill under the employment section in your PR application. You are able to remove/add details from your EE profile (though I seem to remember they transfer over information for convenience). I suggest that the best strategy is to have as simple an application as possible (only put in necessary information) and then obsessively check to make sure it's complete and there are no inconsistencies anywhere.

1) Put only the jobs that you need for points in the employment section. Double check that you have enough years of experience to get to eligibility (67) as well as the CRS score cut off for the round you were invited in, and then delete everything else.
2) For any other jobs that were in the past decade, record it in your personal history. Make sure it matches up with your address history and/or travel history (applicable only if you've moved cities/countries for work).
3) You can explain the differences from your EE profile in your letter of explanation, just to be safe (though I think it's probably overkill)

All the best.
Thanks alot....I appreciate

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020

All the best.
Just one more question after I accept the invitation and re enter my right details, does it recount my crs score again at this stage of PR application??
Thanks

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Just one more question after I accept the invitation and re enter my right details, does it recount my crs score again at this stage of PR application??
Thanks
That's a good question. Unfortunately I don't remember seeing the score while filling out the application, but it could just be my memory. However, you can always check manually with information from the IRCC website.

Reactions: Hampton

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
That's a good question. Unfortunately I don't remember seeing the score while filling out the application, but it could just be my memory. However, you can always check manually with information from the IRCC website.
Thanks alot

Mbains

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
Hey guys! I have submitted my file and got AOR on the same day.. now I am confused because one of my friend told that we need to include all full time work in personal activities section.. I worked after I got my work permit, full time, like two and half months as CSR in gas station.. and while writing my personal history I have written in that time I was searching for skilled job and didn’t include my gas station job.. now do I need to send LOE? Will there be a problem ? As I didn’t know I need to include the job for which I haven’t claimed any points.. what should be done now? Please advise

thanks in advance

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
Hey guys! I have submitted my file and got AOR on the same day.. now I am confused because one of my friend told that we need to include all full time work in personal activities section.. I worked after I got my work permit, full time, like two and half months as CSR in gas station.. and while writing my personal history I have written in that time I was searching for skilled job and didn’t include my gas station job.. now do I need to send LOE? Will there be a problem ? As I didn’t know I need to include the job for which I haven’t claimed any points.. what should be done now? Please advise

thanks in advance
You can explain it in your LOE since your not even claiming points from it

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys, just wondering whether to answer yes or No to this question.

I did study in Canada but by the work experience I'm claiming points for from this job was when I was done with school.

"Studying full-time while doing this job? A person must be in class at least 15 hours per week during the academic year to be considered full-time. This includes any period of training in the workplace that is part of the study program."

Report •••
First Prev1341 of 1341

Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderline

Text colorFont size

Insert linkInsert imageSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

Toggle BB code

POST REPLY PREVIEW
Share:
FacebookTwitterRedditPinterestTumblrWhatsAppEmailLink
Explore your options
I Want To IMMIGRATEI Want A WORK PERMITI Want To STUDYI Want To INVESTI Want To SPONSORI'm New To CANADAI Am An EMPLOYERI Want LEGAL HELPI Want To Overcome INADMISSIBILITY
Canada Immigration Network
CanadaVisa.ComCIC NewsCanadian Immigration ForumCanadian Immigration NewsCanadaVisa News Team
Connect with us
Call us

+1 (514) 937-9445
Toll-free in U.S. and Canada
+1 (888) 947-9445

• Immigration to Canada -- Express Entry / Expression of Interest -- Skilled Worker / Professional Immigration -- Canadian Experience Class -- Provincial Nomination Program Immigration -- Family Class Sponsorship -- Caregiver Pathways -- Quebec Immigration -- Business Immigration -- IELTS - CELPIP - TEF - TCF - Language Testing -- Refugees and Asylum -- General - All Canadian Immigration Moving to Canada from the U.S. -- Permanent Residence in Canada -- Temporary Residence in Canada (Work, Study, Visit) -- H-1B Holders in the U.S. Temporary Entry to Canada -- Foreign Workers -- International Students -- Visitors Settlement in Canada -- Settlement Issues -- Permanent Residency Obligations -- Citizenship -- Housing -- Education -- Health Working in Canada -- Finding Work in Canada -- Canadian Finance and Taxation -- Start Your Own Business in Canada – Self Employmen -- Canadian Labour Legislation -- Resources for Finding a Canadian Job Canadian Visa Office -- Visa Offices in North America -- Visa Offices in South America -- Visa Offices in Europe -- Visa Offices in Asia -- Visa Offices in Africa -- Visa Offices in Oceana Select a forum to jump to
CanadaVisa.com | 1303 Greene Ave., Suite 200 | Westmount, Montreal, QC, Canada | H3Z 2A7