+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE profile - Include all work history or only work for which I can claim points?

Yacin_0107

Jul 23, 2019
If you are the primary applicant, than for your spouse you don't have to mention work experience in work history section.
Reason: You dont get any points for spouse work experience, so why bother for reference letters etc.

Just mention all of your spouse work experiences in personal history section truthfully.
Thank you for your very informative answers.
My wife is the main applicant, so I guess I will not fill any job experience for myself when creating our profile. I know many couples who were in the same situation but they all filled all their experiences during the creation of their profiles and they struggled to find all the documentation to prove everything, I really do not understand why they did like that, maybe they did not want to take the risk. Anyway, I will do as you advised me and only fill the last experience of my wife, all my experiences and her other experiences will be mentionned in personal history section.

Thank you again,

asadalirahim

Sep 3, 2019
@uppperkut - I have a total of 7+ years of experience spread across two different NoCs.
While filling out the express entry profile, I have mentioned only 4+ years (all under a single NoC) and can get reference letters for the same from my employer.
I am concerned about the work experience that I haven't mentioned in my EE profile (as I felt it won't be necessary since I am anyway fetching max CRS points for 3+ years by mentioning my one job of 4+ years).
Can I mention the skipped work experience in personal history? Also I am very sure I will not be able to get the reference letter for this job as all the folks

Reactions: Rockyoak

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
@uppperkut - I have a total of 7+ years of experience spread across two different NoCs.
While filling out the express entry profile, I have mentioned only 4+ years (all under a single NoC) and can get reference letters for the same from my employer.
I am concerned about the work experience that I haven't mentioned in my EE profile (as I felt it won't be necessary since I am anyway fetching max CRS points for 3+ years by mentioning my one job of 4+ years).
Can I mention the skipped work experience in personal history? Also I am very sure I will not be able to get the reference letter for this job as all the folks
You have to mention ALL work in the personal history section without the need of supporting letters. Only work that you want to claim points for must be included in the work history section and needs to be supported with letters.

Ogemuno

Aug 14, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have an issue concerning the personal history section. I worked two jobs at a time, one full time and the other part time. I am claiming points for the full time work and I mentioned the part time work in my personal history which is clashing with the same time as my full time work. Will that be an issue?
Should I leave the part time out?

Yacin_0107

Jul 23, 2019
You can just mention about your work experience from Company C ( 5 years+ it will fetch you maximum points) in work history. After ITA mention all 3 work experiences in personal history section.
You will be asked to provide a reference letter from Company C since you are only claiming points for this job.
Hope its clear for you
Hi Fahadkazmi, we did as you advised us, i didn't actually fill any of my experiences and my wife only entered her last job experience under our job sections, now that we received ITA we're entering again informations, i have 3 questions:
1. Should we leave the job experience sections as they was already filled before ITA and only add other experiences under our personnal histories or we can also add them in job experiences sections without having to care about?
2. Should we provide any LOE to explain why there are other job experiences that we only mentionned in personnal histories ?
3. It's seems that i can't subscribe to Job Bank and only my wife can, is there a possibility for me to create an account in Job Bank?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Cyvalerie

Sep 25, 2019
Hi guys, so please I'm in a bit of a bind and very confused. I received my ITA about 3 weeks ago and I was wondering if I can change the place of employment I filled in my profile. Can I go ahead and change the company name or should I decline this ITA and start again.
Please i really need your help and expertise guys!

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi Fahadkazmi, we did as you advised us, i didn't actually fill any of my experiences and my wife only entered her last job experience under our job sections, now that we received ITA we're entering again informations, i have 3 questions:
1. Should we leave the job experience sections as they was already filled before ITA and only add other experiences under our personnal histories or we can also add them in job experiences sections without having to care about?
2. Should we provide any LOE to explain why there are other job experiences that we only mentionned in personnal histories ?
3. It's seems that i can't subscribe to Job Bank and only my wife can, is there a possibility for me to create an account in Job Bank?

Thank you in advance for your answers
Hi,
Congrats on receiving the ITA.
1. Only for those you want to claim points, mention them under work history. Rest all MUST be mention in personal history.
Basically, your personal history must have all of your activities including education, employment, unemployment etc for the last 10 years or since you turned 18.
2. You can but it is not mandatory.
3. No, only primary applicant can.

Fahadkazmi

May 28, 2018
Hi guys, so please I'm in a bit of a bind and very confused. I received my ITA about 3 weeks ago and I was wondering if I can change the place of employment I filled in my profile. Can I go ahead and change the company name or should I decline this ITA and start again.
Please i really need your help and expertise guys!
Name and city edit is possible but don't change the duration as it effects your CRS points.

Cyvalerie

Sep 25, 2019
Name and city edit is possible but don't change the duration as it effects your CRS points.
Hi, if I change my employer now before I submit my profile (I have received ITA) it won't affect my application. Won't they be able to tell that I changed my employer?

JustyEmems

Star Member
Oct 5, 2018
Hello everyone, in my own case I have 11 years of work experience with the same organization in 3 different roles. Do I need to list each of the NOCs in my EE profile and submit one reference letter listing the 3 job designations?? Kindly respond pls.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi, if I change my employer now before I submit my profile (I have received ITA) it won't affect my application. Won't they be able to tell that I changed my employer?
As long as your change is not impacting crs points, it might go through. I would explain it in your loe as to why it happened. Ofcourse they will notice the change and might take longer to process your application

mehdi1988

Oct 3, 2019
Hi I have a question. I am totally confused with work history that I should claim about for points (EE). Here are my working periods after my bachelor degree:

2011-07-23 to 2016-03-19 ( 4.5 years full-time) company A
2016-03-20 to 2016-06-20 ( 3 months full-time) company B
2016-06-21 to 2017-03-20 ( 9 months full-time) company C
2017-03-21 to 2018-09-22 ( 1 year full-time, 6 months part-time) company D
1 months gap
2018-10-23 to present (full-time) company E

I wonder how should I report these periods and how many letters should provide.

John Immanuel

Sep 9, 2019
Hyderabad, India & Vancouver Canada
Visa Office......
globaltree
Hi I have a question. I am totally confused with work history that I should claim about for points (EE). Here are my working periods after my bachelor degree:

2011-07-23 to 2016-03-19 ( 4.5 years full-time) company A
2016-03-20 to 2016-06-20 ( 3 months full-time) company B
2016-06-21 to 2017-03-20 ( 9 months full-time) company C
2017-03-21 to 2018-09-22 ( 1 year full-time, 6 months part-time) company D
1 months gap
2018-10-23 to present (full-time) company E

I wonder how should I report these periods and how many letters should provide.

Visit here for complete info directly from Official Canada Government Website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?st=29.5.3

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
mention a and c in main profile and add everything in personal profile. but i don't think you max points with just a and c or do you?