+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Express Entry Step by step instructions.

Discussion in 'Express Entry / Expression of Interest' started by keerthiv, Mar 9, 2015.

  1. Hello people,

    Need your help/advice/suggestion.

    is there a thread in this forum that someone can point me to, that will provide a step-by-step instructions of how to apply for Express Entry process(in order).
    If here is no thread of that can, could someone who has in-depth understanding of the process, kindly create one and put it as sticky?

    I am bit confused as to what would be the first step in applying for the EE and its corresponding steps.
    Though website provide instructions to certain extent, i am not entirely convinced as i understand there is lot more required than what is mentioned on the website.

    These instruction will be helpful not just to me but many aspirants who are seeking a lucid understanding of the process.

    Thank you all for your time. :)
    Eidsaed, nsoh, Khemzel and 170 others like this.
  2. It's all on the CIC site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/index.asp


    (Please note that this info does not apply to the Federal Skilled Trades Program)

    1) Determine your eligibility by doing this CIC quiz http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/ee-start.asp

    2) Get your language test(s) done. You must get at least CLB 7 in each of the four sections for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW), Provincial Nomination Program (PNP) or Canadian Experience Class (CEC) streams. But getting CLB 10 gives you maximum points for language.

    How does CLB match back to the language tests? That info is here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

    3) Get your qualifications assessed by doing an Education Credential Assessment. Details here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

    4) Determine the code that best applies to you on the National Occupation Classification (NOC) list http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

    The occupation must be NOC 0, A, or B for FSW or CEC.

    5) When you have those in hand you create your express entry profile. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp and register for the Job Bank http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/home-eng.do?lang=eng

    You'll be given points based on your age, education, number of years work experience, and language skills. The points system is detailed here --> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp

    You'll be in a pool with thousands of other applicants http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/pool.asp

    Of course, the more points you have the better. The max is 1200, with 600 of those points coming from your ability to snag a PNP or a job offer with a very hard to get Labour Market Impact Assessment http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

    For CEC applicants, the max is 600 but someone who has no work experience in Canada who is only eligible for FSW can only get up to 520 points.

    6) Finally, wait for your invitation to apply (ITA). But in the interim you will need to do the following:

    a) Have your application fee (C$550 each for principal applicant and spouse) and right of permanent resident fee (C$490 each for principal applicant and spouse) ready

    b) Identify how you will provide proof of funds http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

    c) check out what is required for the police certificates http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

    d) find out how long it takes to get a date for the medical exam. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

    e) contact previous and current employers about them providing job letters. You must have at least 12 months of full-time, or an equal amount in part-time, skilled work experience. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week. Work experience while you were a full-time student does not count.

    f) research cities in the province(s) where you want to live.
  3. Yampower excellent thank you,we are waiting for the ECA report and will create the profile
    njemwa, Gagan1992, Harbiola21 and 7 others like this.
  4. You're welcome.

    Can someone report the thread to the moderator to ask that it becomes a sticky? This question gets asked quite often.
    Sisamito, Estrada.lu, njemwa and 12 others like this.
  5. yampower.. seriously nice work.. ll help a lot of ppl..
  6. Yam to the Power of well earned +1.
    MD. UMAR FARUK, yekwame and Tomi2 like this.

  7. Excellent...thanks
    Osvaldotimpi and yekwame like this.
  8. Very good Info, Thanks

    i want to Apply alone without wife and kid, and if i get success is it easy to call the family there. is this good idea?
    MD. UMAR FARUK and Niyicool like this.
  9. NO. Not a good idea at all. You cannot say you are single if you have a spouse and child. That is called misrepresentation and can get you a ban from Canada for several years. You must include them in your application and if granted a visa, you can choose when they arrive after you land, as long as it is within a year or prior to expiry of their passports, which ever is first.
  10. YamPower --> Respect!!.

    Thank you very much for such detailed info.

    If possible, your info can be made into a Sticky.

    I am sure your info will help lot of other aspirants.
  11. Thanks for info.

    I mean to say that i will not mention myself as single. But i want apply for Immigration as a single, is it not possible?
    tracychizzy and Shyney like this.
  12. You must declare your legal status in the documentation. If you do not, you face charges of misrepresentation or if you made it to Canada, you would never be able to sponsor your family members as they were not included in your initial application.
    pgiorio likes this.
  13. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question? Do you mean you want to apply (and include your family in your application), but only you would come to Canada and get established? This is possible. BUT, your family would have to come before the medicals expire in one year, or passport expiry, which ever comes first. If they do not come to Canada by that time, you would have to go through sponsorship of them. Hope this makes sense.
  14. Hey guys in my Application/profile details for EE Job Bank Registration is still showing as pending where as I have already registered there, Can you guys kindly help me know if my profile is already in the EE pool?

    MD. UMAR FARUK likes this.
  15. Excellent write-up. Minor thing, the application fee applies to the principal applicant as well as the spouse.
    I wish you could pin posts like this to the top.

Share This Page