+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We are sailing the same boat. My application was received on Dec 16th with the AOR received on Jan 4th. And just waiting after that. Hoping for the next week to bring something good for us. Good luck.
I called them last week and all they told me was "Everything looks okay on the file and we do not see any flags". But, that does not help me to get a bit less frustrated as the info provided is way too limited.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but your expectations may be a little unrealistic. It's barely more than four weeks since your application was delivered. The expectation should be 12 months, and even if you're optimistic, it's more like six months before half of the applications get to the passport request stage. You will only stress yourself and harm yourself by expecting too much.

mhaj0721

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi, I've been watching this thread for a while & have submitted on the tracker but I wondered if anyone could advise me...

We've applied from the UK. My husband is a Canadian citizen but has never lived there. We have children & he has lots of family in Canada.
My question is...with the PR application in process, can we still travel to Canada on an ETA?
Could we travel on this then apply for a work permit for example?

Thank you.
your husband can travel to Canada whenever he likes, and as you're visa-exempt, you and your children could come as tourists. If you wanted to apply for an OWP through the spousal sponsorship program, you'd need to withdraw your outland application and then re-apply inland. Or, you could see if you would be eligible for a work permit under another program.

Reactions: Mrs.g.89

Mrs.g.89

Jan 2, 2020
your husband can travel to Canada whenever he likes, and as you're visa-exempt, you and your children could come as tourists. If you wanted to apply for an OWP through the spousal sponsorship program, you'd need to withdraw your outland application and then re-apply inland. Or, you could see if you would be eligible for a work permit under another program.
Fab, thank you!

kozzjr

Dec 5, 2019
In my case i didnt get any email for AOR2. It was just ecas status changed to ‘Application received’ and then back to ‘ in process’ again. According to many people in this forum this can be also considered as AOR2. Correct me if i am wrong here.
Similar thing here. Just an update on ECAS saying we started reviewing your application on the PA side

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
Checking the tracker, the movement of files to VO seems to have slowed down to almost nothing.
Wondering if they have an upper limit per month and once that number is reached, wait for the next month to start again...

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Checking the tracker, the movement of files to VO seems to have slowed down to almost nothing.
Wondering if they have an upper limit per month and once that number is reached, wait for the next month to start again...
This actually kinda makes scene. May be you are right

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
I called them last week and all they told me was "Everything looks okay on the file and we do not see any flags". But, that does not help me to get a bit less frustrated as the info provided is way too limited.
Can i ask how you got in touch with them? I keep getting stuck at this automated part when i enter my application number. Also i call and it tells me info for INLAND even though i applied for Outland. Then i tried again, it gives me info for Outland. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: bk0521

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Please don't take this the wrong way, but your expectations may be a little unrealistic. It's barely more than four weeks since your application was delivered. The expectation should be 12 months, and even if you're optimistic, it's more like six months before half of the applications get to the passport request stage. You will only stress yourself and harm yourself by expecting too much.
Could not agree more to what you said. I am not concerned about the time it takes as my wife is already here in Canada. I am just hoping that they do not return the file after 2-3 months for some reason. But yes, you are absolutely right to be optimistic and expect for everything to go smooth even if it takes 6-12 months. :)
Regards

Reactions: armoured

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Can i ask how you got in touch with them? I keep getting stuck at this automated part when i enter my application number. Also i call and it tells me info for INLAND even though i applied for Outland. Then i tried again, it gives me info for Outland. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Try calling 1 888 242 2100 and select options 2 1 1 0 to speak to a rep.
Hope this helps.

sherin42

Oct 13, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
08/08/2019
is the ECAS updated regarding receiving of Biometrics or is it only the medicals that will show? I haven't been able to link using GC Key so I am not sure what messages to expect on ECAS.

kenziehere

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
is the ECAS updated regarding receiving of Biometrics or is it only the medicals that will show? I haven't been able to link using GC Key so I am not sure what messages to expect on ECAS.
No message on ecas regarding biometrics, only on gckey.