+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Each case is different, my BIL going fast but MR is late. You might receive both together.
Are either of you Québec applicants? It seems they may do the med requests for Québec applicants later given that the csq process adds a few months (it therefore potentially reduces costs to applicants of having to redo meds in future as med results are only good for a year).

Note, this is only an informed guess on my part as there seems to be a trend that quebec apps get the med requests later. I cannot say for certain.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I'm not clear on the circumstances here, but from your description it sounds like the MP's office got involved when something negative happened. Is that right?

I believe the point is that when MP office gets involved when the processing is within normal timeframes and nothing has occurred out of the ordinary, they will just get the response from IRCC that "processing is proceeding according to schedule" (or something like that).

It is of course your right to contact MPs office if you wish and some are more active than others, etc. I believe most MPs wish to help their constituents if they can - it's only a question of whether they actually can do anything. Some parts of processing such as security checks are - reportedly - relatively immune to being pushed forward.

Now, there seems to be a certain amount of speculation here that having the MP inquiry will 'nudge' the file to at least be checked and sometimes this may help if things are stuck for administrative reasons (i.e. the file just hasn't been opened in a while). Or at least make sure it isn't stuck in a pile somewhere and forgotten. My guess is that it can't hurt, but only likely to help if it actually is stuck.

BUT: I think the question here was whether an MP inquiry can help for a december application. Personally I seriously doubt that it will help at this stage, because a december file really is early in the process.

As a more general comment on timelines, after the AOR1 and biometric and medicals, there appears often to be a gap of several months in further communications (and note it seems some files get medical requests later for some reason). It isn't necessarily an indication anything is wrong. There is some inconsistency in files getting pre-arrival, ghost updates, even AOR2 notifications, so gaps in communication are not unusual. Yes, some files get processed more quickly than average - but by definition, not all files can be quicker than average.

Again, it's your right to contact your MPs office if you wish, and if you really are convinced there is something weird going on, by all means. But if it's early in process and no signs anything more than processing is going on, MP inquiry may not provide anythign useful at all.

I agree.

mhaj0721

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Curious response, since you received your BIL within 12 days after AOR1.
Nothing curious about someone being realistic about a time-consuming, heavily bureaucratic process. We all want our spouses to get their PR, but in the big scheme of things, it's going to take months and worrying because something hasn't happened in a few weeks is just going to cause you stress. If you want to call IRCC and ask, or try to get your MP involved, that's certainly your right, but I'd hope that your MP would have more pressing concerns than an app that's not even two months old.

tham_son

Sep 8, 2013
Are either of you Québec applicants? It seems they may do the med requests for Québec applicants later given that the csq process adds a few months (it therefore potentially reduces costs to applicants of having to redo meds in future as med results are only good for a year).

Note, this is only an informed guess on my part as there seems to be a trend that quebec apps get the med requests later. I cannot say for certain.
As I know in another group on fb, many people still get MR before csq AOR/approval.

Reactions: armoured

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Seems like this is a trend for some December applicants. It's almost a month for us since we got AOR1 and only a ghost update since. I ordered gcms notes for both sponsor and applicant just to see what's happening with our application and to keep us sane.

Others are saying to just wait for it because normal processing time is 12 months but isn't that what you would normally do when asked for an estimate? Give yourself some leeway. And I see other applicants' timeline and that is not a 12-month processing time. I can't help but worry that there's something wrong with our application and I can't help it if I want to finally be with my spouse after years of being apart
You are not alone my friend. My timelines are pretty similar to yours. I received AOR1 on Jan 4th and nothing after that. I am hoping that the file is okay and they do not return it after months. Looking forward for SA/MR/BI in the coming week. Good luck to you.

Reactions: mdamatac and bk0521

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Application received Dec. 17th
AOR1: Jan. 8th

It's been another 3 weeks since AOR1, but no other updates such as biometrics or medical requests or SA approval (except for one "ghost" email about 1.5 weeks ago). Maybe worth giving them a call. Thoughts?
I am in the same situation as you except i did not even receive the ghost update. But worrying is not going to do any good to us. Hope to get the MR/BI/SA in the coming weeks for myself and everyone waiting. Good Luck.!

Reactions: bk0521

Jaybihar

Aug 19, 2018
Just got the mail that my file is transferred to CPC-Mississauga. My timeline is below (PA is from India, Sponsor is Canadian citizen):
App sent:- 17th December 2019
App Recieved: 24th December 2019
AOR: 14th Jan 2020
Biometric request: 27th Jan 2020
SA: 28th Jan 2020
Medical req: 28th Jan 2020
File transferred to CPC Mississauga: 30th Jan 2020

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

Just got email that my file is transferred to VO-South Africa)

Here’s Another update regarding my case and timelines:

App Sent: December 19, 2019
App Received: December 20, 2019
AOR1: January 8, 2020
Biometric request: January 23, 2020
SA: January 24, 2020
File transferred to VO: January 30, 2020 (Pretoria)

My husband is completing his biometrics next week so they can proceed with his background check.

Last edited:

prateek9911

Jan 30, 2020
Just got the mail that my file is transferred to CPC-Mississauga. My timeline is below (PA is from India, Sponsor is Canadian citizen):
App sent:- 17th December 2019
App Recieved: 24th December 2019
AOR: 14th Jan 2020
Biometric request: 27th Jan 2020
SA: 28th Jan 2020
Medical req: 28th Jan 2020
File transferred to CPC Mississauga: 30th Jan 2020
Same timeline
App Recieved : 20th Dec 2019
AOR1: 14th Jan 2020
SA:28th Jan 2020
File Transferred to VO: 30th Jan 2020 (CPC Mississauga)

bk0521

Dec 14, 2019
Category........
FAM
I am in the same situation as you except i did not even receive the ghost update. But worrying is not going to do any good to us. Hope to get the MR/BI/SA in the coming weeks for myself and everyone waiting. Good Luck.!
Good to know at least I'm not the only one waiting longer than usual for MR/BI/SA! I was actually less concerned before getting the ghost update, because now I imagine someone trying to send the BIL but somehow goofing in doing so. (Just my active imagination, I realize.) I'm waiting patiently for now but if I do end up calling them I will ask about the ghost update.

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Application received Dec. 17th
AOR1: Jan. 8th

It's been another 3 weeks since AOR1, but no other updates such as biometrics or medical requests or SA approval (except for one "ghost" email about 1.5 weeks ago). Maybe worth giving them a call. Thoughts?
I called, they checked said they have it, no request made yet as they are still looking over files sent. Not really worth calling. Same situation as u

Reactions: bk0521