+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DECEMBER 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mdamatac

Jan 21, 2020
Why have people whose application was received after me getting SA before me? Does it depend on how complicated application is?? I’m definitely eligible to sponsor.
Same here! We got AOR on January 3 and til now, there has been no update. Not even biometrics or medical request

Reactions: akbarz

mhaj0721

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
It's normal for there to be some variation in how long things take for different applications. You can easily see this using the application tracker spreadsheet. Contacting your MP is supposed to be reserved for a serious issue with your application, or where the application goes over 1 year without explanation from IRCC, not for things like "my BIL is 10 days late".
My AOR came a few days later than most other people on the tracker whose application was received on the same day mine was. There's no point in getting worked up over little things like this.
All the applications are being worked on by agents who will work at slightly different speeds.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Why have people whose application was received after me getting SA before me? Does it depend on how complicated application is?? I’m definitely eligible to sponsor.
There seems to be no rhyme or reason how things are done by them, Relax, things are moving fast. Everybody is getting all excited because somebody else has received a request and another person hasn't.

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
On ECAS the PA status changed to "Application received".
Does that mean it's moved to the VO?

No change on Sponsor side of ECAS or any email regarding moving of file.
Medical also passed today BTW (on GCKey) and on ECAS it says Medical results received

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Same here! We got AOR on January 3 and til now, there has been no update. Not even biometrics or medical request
We are sailing the same boat. My application was received on Dec 16th with the AOR received on Jan 4th. And just waiting after that. Hoping for the next week to bring something good for us. Good luck.

Reactions: mdamatac

bonnetmacaque

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019
We are sailing the same boat. My application was received on Dec 16th with the AOR received on Jan 4th. And just waiting after that. Hoping for the next week to bring something good for us. Good luck.
Maybe you could call and make sure the application has not been wrongly filed as Inland?
Don't know for sure that the agents will have this info, but something to try.

rajahir

Star Member
Jan 6, 2020
Maybe you could call and make sure the application has not been wrongly filed as Inland?
Don't know for sure that the agents will have this info, but something to try.
I called them last week and all they told me was "Everything looks okay on the file and we do not see any flags". But, that does not help me to get a bit less frustrated as the info provided is way too limited.

Reactions: bonnetmacaque

KosVin

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Can you please share your time line i.e. When your file transfer to CPC-M and when it change to Application Received and after how many days it again change to In Process..!!
My timeline
App Recd: Dec 3rd
AOR: Dec24th
Bio Req: Dec 31st
Medicals: Jan 3rd
SA : Jan 6th
File Transferred to Mississauga : Jan 7th
Medicals passed: Jan 10th
ECAS Application received: Jan 15th
ECAS In process again: Jan 16th