+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

Eason

Jan 17, 2019
For the ones that got approved your BOWP, did you submit employment letters/offers of employment with your application?
Hey, my friend, I have the same question too. What if I lost my job while my PGWP is expiring soon. Am I still eligible for BOWP.

Eason

Jan 17, 2019
Can anyone help me out ? My wife she is visitor status in CANADA now and her status is expiring soon. We applied PR and got AOR few days ago. It is PNP paper based application. I am currently unemployment and holding PGWP, I have applied OWP for her twice but all of them got refused because cic said I need to be employed in NOC O,A,B job categories in order for her to be qualified for OWP.

My QUESTION is :
Is my wife eligible for OWP since we got the PR AOR.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Good to be here. I recently received my AOR from CIC. PNP paper based and applied on Oct.23 2018

One question for the BOWP, If my PGWP expire soon but I don't have a job, am I eligible for BOWP ? Anyone knows? thank you .
You do not need a job to apply for BOWP. It’s an open work permit which means you can work for any employer hence a current job isn’t required.

Note, that during the process of application, you’ll be asked about your job address etc, and you have to put in “BOWP- N/A” in those kind of questions. That’s what I did even if I was currently working and I recently got approved.

However, make sure you apply for the BOWP before your PGWP expires. Goodluck

Reactions: bruno5000

Esla29

Jan 14, 2019
Hi. Any news? I applied on the 31st. Also anxious. Anyone else applied end of October?
I applied on Oct 26 and it still has not been reviewed. I submitted the the CSC webform on Oct 17 since it helped some people, and today an agent replied saying my application is still within the regular processing times, which is not accurate (81 days on their website, versus 90 days since I applied). Otherwise the agent said everything is fine and to keep waiting.

I don't know how they are counting days honestly.

Reactions: bruno5000

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
The updates on the CIC website always lag by ~10 days. They calculate the numbers but don't update the website for a week. The current processing time says 81 days, but that's as of January 13. Last week it said 76 days, but those were as of January 7. Right now (January 24) the processing time could very well have grown to 90+ days, especially with the holiday season.

At this rate our PRs might get approved before our BOWP.

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
I applied on Oct 26 and it still has not been reviewed. I submitted the the CSC webform on Oct 17 since it helped some people, and today an agent replied saying my application is still within the regular processing times, which is not accurate (81 days on their website, versus 90 days since I applied). Otherwise the agent said everything is fine and to keep waiting.

I don't know how they are counting days honestly.
I think you meant you raise CSE on Jan17th. So you got a reply from agent Today on Jan 24th - after a week? Actually I applied on Nov 6th for my BOWP and raise a CSE yesterday. So just want to know how much time they take to reply?

In your case, any other important info they provided in the email?

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
You do not need a job to apply for BOWP. It’s an open work permit which means you can work for any employer hence a current job isn’t required.

Note, that during the process of application, you’ll be asked about your job address etc, and you have to put in “BOWP- N/A” in those kind of questions. That’s what I did even if I was currently working and I recently got approved.

Can you please share your BOWP timeline so it will help me to understand their current processing time? what is your AOR, when you applied for BOWP and when your BOWP approved?

Thanks in advance.

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Can you please share your BOWP timeline so it will help me to understand their current processing time? what is your AOR, when you applied for BOWP and when your BOWP approved?

Thanks in advance.
AOR: 20 oct 2018
BOWP application: 23 oct 2018
Approved: 11 January 2019 (approx 80 days)

Esla29

Jan 14, 2019
I think you meant you raise CSE on Jan17th. So you got a reply from agent Today on Jan 24th - after a week? Actually I applied on Nov 6th for my BOWP and raise a CSE yesterday. So just want to know how much time they take to reply?

Sorry for the typo. I meant I sent the Webform here: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
It took 8 days for the reply; I sent it a Thursday and they replied on the next Thursday. No other important information. All they said was that
everything appears to be in order with my application, that it is still within the regular processing times, and I''ll be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
I hope that helps clarify.

Reactions: HDcanada

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC

Someone who submitted on Nov 5th just got theirs yesterday. Yours will probably get approved today, and if not, tomorrow.

Reactions: HDcanada

Munny

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone!!
I have a question i got my workpermit approval news today but no email yet!!
Timeline is: BoWp 31st october
Approval today: 25th January
Do i’m able to travel to India without TRV and is it possible if i get the TRV stamp in India?
Any help would be highly appreciated!!

Eason

Jan 17, 2019

Thank you for your answer

EconomicRefugee

Oct 8, 2018

Hello,

I submitted form on Jan 21, and got a response yesterday Jan 26.

I applied BOWP on October 31 and my status changed this past Thursday to we are reviewing your eligibility. Can anyone let me know how long it generally takes from that to the decision?

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Someone who submitted on Nov 5th just got theirs yesterday. Yours will probably get approved today, and if not, tomorrow.
Yes. I got an update to my account on Friday (ghost update) and Today again when I logged in got an update on account and it did say "Application Approved".

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hello,

I submitted form on Jan 21, and got a response yesterday Jan 26.

I applied BOWP on October 31 and my status changed this past Thursday to we are reviewing your eligibility. Can anyone let me know how long it generally takes from that to the decision?
You should receive an update soon - 1/2 day.