Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Has Anyone with a BOWP application date of oct 23rd 2018 gotten approved? Still waiting and wondering if the delay is probably due to the holidays...

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Give it some time folks, as annoying as it may be. My BOWP took 75 days, and my husband's 84.

qsecofr

Nov 2, 2018
Hello everyone, I submitted my BOWP application on October 17th. As per CIC processing timelines, they are working on October 21st application. I haven’t had any updates till date. Growing anxious. My AOR is Aug 7th. Is there any link between PR and BOWP? Anybody in the same boat?

Last edited:
Reactions: bruno5000

sidhu7200

Apr 20, 2017
Hello there!

I am wondering if anybody can help me out. I applied for Federal PR in November 2016 thru SINP program. And got my Closed WP in April 2017. Got married in February 2018 and added my wife in April 2018. I am still waiting for my PR but my Closed WP is expiring in April 2019. My question is:
Can I apply for my wife Open WP with my application for extension of WP or do I have to wait till I get my extension and then apply for her?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hello there!

I am wondering if anybody can help me out. I applied for Federal PR in November 2016 thru SINP program. And got my Closed WP in April 2017. Got married in February 2018 and added my wife in April 2018. I am still waiting for my PR but my Closed WP is expiring in April 2019. My question is:
Can I apply for my wife Open WP with my application for extension of WP or do I have to wait till I get my extension and then apply for her?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!
So where is your wife I mean in Canada ? if so on what status?
Only primary applicant of PR can apply for BOWP. But your wife can apply for a open work permit based on the PR application (as I believe she is your dependent on PR file) on same online application. So you don't need to apply separate. You can apply together but it'll be consider as a separate and you can give as details you can give on the explanation letter. Both need to attach an AOR under letter of explanation for sure.

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
Congratulations on everyone here who got their BOWPs last month!
My application is still pending, but that's normal since it's only been 41 days so far. Wish there was a chance they could process some applications earlier, but it looks like they're going through them in chronological order.

Reactions: MarsiaMS

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
My application date is 17th October and still waiting for approval ..
Oh ok. Mine is oct 23rd and since it was past 69 days, I was kind of getting worried. I guess it’s because of the last 2 weeks were holidays for most workers. Hopefully, we’ll get good news soon

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Hello everyone, I submitted my BOWP application on October 17th. As per CIC processing timelines, they are working on October 21st application. I haven’t had any updates till date. Growing anxious. My AOR is Aug 7th. Is there any link between PR and BOWP? Anybody in the same boat?
Don’t worry too much about the posted date on their website. It doesn’t apply for all applications imo. If everything’s fine with yours, you’ll be getting approved soon. Goodluck.

The only connection I know between PR and BOWP is that you get approved for BOWP only if all your submitted documents for PR is deemed complete

MarsiaMS

Jul 5, 2016
Northern British Columbia
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
28-02-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Oh ok. Mine is oct 23rd and since it was past 69 days, I was kind of getting worried. I guess it’s because of the last 2 weeks were holidays for most workers. Hopefully, we’ll get good news soon
It took longer than that for me and spouse, but we got approved after about 80 days.

qsecofr

Nov 2, 2018
Don’t worry too much about the posted date on their website. It doesn’t apply for all applications imo. If everything’s fine with yours, you’ll be getting approved soon. Goodluck.

The only connection I know between PR and BOWP is that you get approved for BOWP only if all your submitted documents for PR is deemed complete
Thanks. I raised a CSE and called CIC. They said a note was sent to the concerned officer to look at the application. As per the agent, ETA is 2 weeks. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: MarsiaMS

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
I also applied for BOWP more than 2 months after my AOR. From what I remember from immitracker when it had a tracker BOWPs, it looks like the processing times will not be shortened even if your AOR was significantly earlier than your BOWP submission. They pretty much go through them in chronological order of BOWP submission. You will probably get yours soon!

qsecofr

Nov 2, 2018
I also applied for BOWP more than 2 months after my AOR. From what I remember from immitracker when it had a tracker BOWPs, it looks like the processing times will not be shortened even if your AOR was significantly earlier than your BOWP submission. They pretty much go through them in chronological order of BOWP submission. You will probably get yours soon!
Thanks. Still no word on the BOWP. 86 days and counting...

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Has Anyone with a BOWP application date of oct 23rd 2018 gotten approved? Still waiting and wondering if the delay is probably due to the holidays...

Guys, thankfully, my BOWP has been approved today. I applied on oct 23rd 2018. Just thought I should update so people have an idea where their timeline is at. Took approximately 80 days for mine to get approved. Goodluck to all!!

Last edited: