+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
BOWP Approved (Me - Primary Applicant on PR & my wife - secondary applicant on PR) for both of us.

-> Timeline: BOWP applied on Nov 6th
-> No update until Jan 22nd. So raise a CSE on Jan 23rd and got a response Today morning that "everything looks good on file, etc - generic email".
-> Got a ghost update (no email) on account on Jan 26th Sat morning
--> Just checked the account & again it had a ghost update (no email) - both application approved for a year.

So exact it took 82 days. So for the one who had gone passed at least 80 days, I would suggest to raise a CSE (I raised it and also in this thread someone also raised and got approved on next week - so can definitely try it).

Esla29

Jan 14, 2019
I applied on Oct 26 and it still has not been reviewed. I submitted the the CSC webform on Jan 17 since it helped some people, and today an agent replied saying my application is still within the regular processing times, which is not accurate (81 days on their website, versus 90 days since I applied). Otherwise the agent said everything is fine and to keep waiting.
My BOWP was approved today :D
Here is my timeline:
BOWP applied on Oct 26
Raised a CSE web form on Jan 17. Answered on Jan 24 - all normal / keep waiting
Approved on Jan 29

It took 95 days. Now waiting for it to come in the mail :)

Thank you all for your advice!

Munny

Nov 15, 2013
Guys, thankfully, my BOWP has been approved today. I applied on oct 23rd 2018. Just thought I should update so people have an idea where their timeline is at. Took approximately 80 days for mine to get approved. Goodluck to all!!
Hi
If u dnt mind can i ask you how long it took to reach in your hand after approval??
my application was approved a week ago bug couldn’t get the work permit yet.

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Can anyone help me out ? My wife she is visitor status in CANADA now and her status is expiring soon. We applied PR and got AOR few days ago. It is PNP paper based application. I am currently unemployment and holding PGWP, I have applied OWP for her twice but all of them got refused because cic said I need to be employed in NOC O,A,B job categories in order for her to be qualified for OWP.

My QUESTION is :
Is my wife eligible for OWP since we got the PR AOR.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.
No she doesn't. She can extend her visitor status based on your PGWP.

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Hi
If u dnt mind can i ask you how long it took to reach in your hand after approval??
my application was approved a week ago bug couldn’t get the work permit yet.
I haven’t received a physical copy of mine yet. I also don’t know how long it takes for the BOWP to get mailed. I actually thought it was 2 weeks but apparently not

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Can anyone help me out ? My wife she is visitor status in CANADA now and her status is expiring soon. We applied PR and got AOR few days ago. It is PNP paper based application. I am currently unemployment and holding PGWP, I have applied OWP for her twice but all of them got refused because cic said I need to be employed in NOC O,A,B job categories in order for her to be qualified for OWP.

My QUESTION is :
Is my wife eligible for OWP since we got the PR AOR.
Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.
Your wife's OWP refused because she was applying on your current statu's basis. As you don't have NOC job, your wife got refused for OWP.

Answer to your question - if your wife can apply for OWP based on PR application then I would say "YES". My situation was similar and I had done so much research online, met many lawyers but didn't have a specific answer. I tried to call CIC agent and agent was informative and he explained me how BOWP/Dependent open work permit worked based on PR application's AOR. Agent clearly advised me that my wife's OWP will not be based on my application but more of a based on AOR from PR application as she's included as a dependent..So it made logically totally sense and I followed it and got approved both us Work Permit.

He also did send me the URL which I'm going to attach it here. My situation was my PGWP was expiring and my wife's SP was expiring on same time (she can't apply for her PGWP as her study was from private college). I applied for my BOWP based on PR application and on same profile I have applied for my wife's OWP based on same PR application as she's dependent on file.

Note: If you can find NOC level job for you then it will be positive impact for your wife's OWP profile. Other option is to apply for your wife's SP if you want. You can personally message me if you want more help.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit-result.asp

You're a family member who has been included on an application for permanent residence
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’ve been included on an application for permanent residence that has been found complete or has received a positive eligibility assessment. Your application must be under one of the following:

You may also be eligible for an open work permit if you’ve been included on an application for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds and the application has been approved in principle.

Reactions: Eason

Esla29

Jan 14, 2019
I haven’t received a physical copy of mine yet. I also don’t know how long it takes for the BOWP to get mailed. I actually thought it was 2 weeks but apparently not
Anyone else has a reference of how long the mailing of the BOWP takes once approved? I imagine it's slightly dependant on geographical location

priscabowman

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
03-10-2018
AOR Received.
20-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-09-18
Anyone else has a reference of how long the mailing of the BOWP takes once approved? I imagine it's slightly dependant on geographical location
No idea. Still waiting for mine and it’s been like 3 weeks. U?

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
I got mine in 4 days. Got approved on last Monday and got it physical copy on Friday.. I'm located in Etobicoke,Toronto..

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
Received an update on my profile today saying that they have started reviewing my eligibility and background check! My submission date was November 26. Glad to see things moving!

bruno5000

Nov 27, 2018
Category........
CEC
This morning I received an approval for my BOWP in my account! Now just have to wait for the thing to arrive in the mail. The correspondence letter says it may take up to six weeks.

Does anyone know if we'll need to flagpole for the BOWP to take effect when it arrives?
UPDATE: After reading the forums a bit more, it seems like flag-poling is not necessary. :)

BOWP eAPR: November 26
BOWP Approved online: February 19
Days it took to process: 85

Last edited:
Reactions: stefmitch