+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

All Pakistanis join this thread

saira1560

Aug 10, 2012
No but right now i'm in Canada , & i just want to extend my stay , Why should i apply from CHC islamabad then? i mean i can submit my application from here

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Dear Miss Saira,

With slight corrections to what Mr. Waqar said, if your spouse has a temp work permit, you can live with him/her on temp resident visa (multiple entry) which lasts for as long as work permit. So if you only need to stay longer you should get a "Multiple entry temp resident visa".

On the other hand you are eligible to apply for an "Open work permit" without getting a job (contrary to what Waqar has mentioned) because your spouse already has a temp work permit. The standard form has a category of open work permit and you leave the employer and other fields empty.

I also have a temp work permit and have applied for visa. Based upon this i applied for an open work permit for my wife and temp resident visas for kids. If my wife was not interested in working, i could apply for a temp resident visa for her. But the process is exactly what i mentioned above.

Lastly, from what i know, Open work permit has a better chance of approval for spouse compared with temp resident visa. But this last statement is just an opinion that i have heard from several people living there.

P.S. I am not very certain if you can apply from within Canada or not. I have only heard that if you are on a visit visa, you still need to be catered by your home country for temp resident visa. But again i can't confirm this one. Rest of the things i mentioned above are certain. However, in my case i am currently in Pakistan and have applied to Islamabad Visa office obviously.

SAM629

Feb 17, 2013
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
Not yet.
Med's Done....
Medical Expired on 25 March 2014
Thank you guys for clearing everything to me. I did call to TCS and they told me that I can pay my visit visa fee to F7 (Main Branch) as this branch is near to my home. And Yes of course I have to come back for my last semester here So I can also show my transcript (Mark Sheet) to them and university letter. And I didn't mention above that my purpose is clear because I am going there for a month just to spend some quality time with my wife.

Need your prayers guys!!!

Thankx

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Good to hear that Sam.

Wait, "spend some quality time with your wife". Do you mean your wife is Canadian resident / national or something? If that is the case, then you really need to have applied for a Family visa already in process. Probably a temp visa would only make sense then i.e. you already have a family sponsorship application pending (which takes around 2 years) and you applied for a temp resident visa mean while. Otherwise, it is a clear cut opinion that you have your wife there and you are applying for visit visa, so you will not come back.

This is what my current knowledge is. Perhaps others can confirm.

SAM629

Feb 17, 2013
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA-ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
July 2013
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
Not yet.
Med's Done....
Medical Expired on 25 March 2014
Thankx Fkl. My wife is canadian national and yes she had already applied for family visa and my file is in process. Since I am travelling for the very first time out of Pakistan so I didn't know much things how to apply and all that stuff. This forum really help me alot and guys like you and waqar really helpful. I am appreciating your efforts for people like us.

Thankx again!!

saira1560

Aug 10, 2012
Thank You Very much fkl !

So now I have two options, I could apply for a Multiple Entry Resident Visa or an Open Work permit.

I guess I can’t go for open Work permit because my husband job’s contract is over now and he is searching for a new job now.

I’m still confused, what if I just apply for extension of my stay? and attach a photocopy of my husband work permit with other required documents ?What kind of visa / visitor record document they will going to issue me in this case ?Can I travel to other countries and then come back again?

Or Do I really need to begin the whole process again of submitting application of multiple entry resident visa?

waqar.ahmad150

Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2015 (Online)
Passport Req..
22-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015 (Multiple 4 Years)
LANDED..........
Landed
Dear FKL,

Your are really doing a great job in this forum, really remarkable.

Regards
Waqar Ahmad
(Canada TRV Approved)

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Saira sister you gotta extend your trv first becasue yours is gonna be expired in July, so make sure you extend it before it gets expired. Once you extend your trv then apply for work permit. You will get it pretty much surely.
I have sent you message in private, kindly reply me.

saira1560

Aug 10, 2012
thank you very much seven ! , got your point !

I've checked you email , cant reply u back there ,its not allowing me to send any msg .

Following are the ties we showed:

1) I was a final year student of Bachelors , and my supervisor issued me a letter that stated I would come back and submit project to complete my degree.

2) We showed that we have joint family system , my parents as well as my husband parents both are residing in Pakistan and are well settled there , so after the completion of my husband studies he will come back .

3) My husband's brother is a deaf mute person , leaving my husband the only care taker within the family so it is our sole responsibility to come back and live with them .

Beside this we have shown sufficient funds and property , My brother and father both were sponsoring me .

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Saira,

Followling link describes details of extending your stay while being in Canada. Appearently you can apply there 30 days before expiry of your visa.

cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp

I am slightly surprised by the immediate changes in detail of yours i.e. your husband's job no longer remains and he is looking for another. From what i know, if he was on a temp work permit, he cannot switch employer and if he does so, he will have to get work visa again (possibly getting LMO again if his profession was not on the list, which does not require LMO). This would take some time at least. Also what i described earlier i.e. spouse being eligible for open work permit holds only for skill classes 0,A or B (there are specific NOC codes for each profession and these include managers, engineers, IT professionals etc.).

But the bottom line is that there are ways to apply for extension while being in Canada so you should certainly try those out.

@Waqar,

Thank you very much. But it's not a big deal. When one himself goes through the frustration / delicacies of the process and realizes what a pain it is, then probably the best way to channel that is to try to help others avoid things you have faced and learned from. :)

Same goes to you being the primary initiator of the thread :)

Regards

BaqarNaqvi

May 28, 2013
Karachi
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, please let me know how to convert Visiting visa into Temporary resident visa.
More over how to apply for a visiting visa, the FedEx process, i am unaware of it.

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
trv meaning visit visa end of your stay you will come back there is no any other visit visa for Canada?
where do you want to submit the application from pakistan or some other country,
you have to check this link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

you will get the all information on this side,
regards.

easy.visa

May 31, 2013
SPAIN
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
28-05-2013
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
28-05-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
11-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2013
LANDED..........
IN SHA ALLAH in 09/13
applied Online TRV from Spain, 27/05/13, still waiting for responce,.............

anmol123

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
dear you are already in uae or not at i am waiting for your call or replay me back if you are already here in uae,
regards,