+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you get your citizenship by November and don't have to connect with your MP.
Thanks I wish you the same, its literally no value add to contact your MP when IRCC gives generic responses such as these.

Reactions: MrChazz

MrChazz

May 4, 2021
April 23rd is probably when the new dashboard went live so that date isn't significant and isn't related to any actual updates done on our application. Most applicants saw this date on the status dashboard AFAIK.
Yep. On that date, after nothing happening for almost 1.5 years, suddenly (and due to IRCC's extraordinarily hard work) nearly everything went to "in progress".

Reactions: royce110

SNGHL_2013

Mar 26, 2013
Detailed BC is not random for sure. Immigtation Control Manual (IC 2) has all the indicators that trigger comprehensive BC. I tried to find this document but seems not available on the web.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Detailed BC is not random for sure. Immigtation Control Manual (IC 2) has all the indicators that trigger comprehensive BC. I tried to find this document but seems not available on the web.
Guess you are referring to the documents I've linked in this post?

The IC manual wasn't easy to find, had to do some deep digging. The copy I found was (obviously) a redacted version that someone had previously obtained via an ATIP request.

It wouldn't be the worst idea to send a Corporate Records request to CBSA to obtain the latest copy of this document and see if anything has changed. I mean, security procedures might be routinely updated.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
So does it give details about the BG issues that we are discussing here or nothing!?
Nothing new about the BG. I didn't have any issues with BG checks so there isn't anything new in the CBSA notes for me in that section. It is a 6 page format (possibly a new format of the GCMS notes).

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
Wtf! I called Ircc few days back to see if there was any update on my application. The agent was like I will place your call on a brief hold, comes back after 5 seconds and goes off like "Oh, I see you call us frequently,(once month or probably less) you don't need to call us that often. You can check your status online and if we need anything we will definitely contact you"
To which I replied her that as per online tracker I was sent AOR twice once in Nov and Jan 2020 but I never received any email from Ircc so I call periodically. After listening to what I had to say she replied "Thank-you for calling IRCC, hope I have answered all your queries"then hangs up.
Didn't even provide any update or anything what a bitch! I was on hold for 30 minutes prior to which I called like 20-25 times.
Complete waste of time.

• Wow
Reactions: Jamiez04

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wtf! I called Ircc few days back to see if there was any update on my application. The agent was like I will place your call on a brief hold, comes back after 5 seconds and goes off like "Oh, I see you call us frequently,(once month or probably less) you don't need to call us that often. You can check your status online and if we need anything we will definitely contact you"
To which I replied her that as per online tracker I was sent AOR twice once in Nov and Jan 2020 but I never received any email from Ircc so I call periodically. After listening to what I had to say she replied "Thank-you for calling IRCC, hope I have answered all your queries"then hangs up.
Didn't even provide any update or anything what a bitch! I was on hold for 30 minutes prior to which I called like 20-25 times.
Complete waste of time.
Unbelievable but believable at the same time, they call centre agents are absolutely inefficient. They have given contradictory information to so many of us in the forum here regarding our files.

Reactions: Canadiann2020

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Need info pls
My criminality check is pending due to fingerprints (found it from my first gcms notes). I haven’t received the fingerprints request yet. So I submitted a webform asking if fingerprints are needed. On my second gcms notes,it mentions that an email was sent to Vancouver CIC in first week of June 2021, asking them to send me a letter requesting my fingerprints.
Does anyone know how long it would take to get the request?? Or anyone is similar situation??

Last edited:

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Need info pls
My criminality check is oending due to fingerprints (found it from my first gcms notes). I haven’t received the fingerprints request yet. So I submitted a webform asking if fingerprints are needed. On my second gcms notes,it mentions that an email was sent to Vancouver CIC in first week of June 2021, asking them to send me a letter requesting my fingerprints.
Does anyone know how long it would take to get the request?? Or anyone is similar situation??
I think people who have received fp from the raincouver office can share the email add so that you can inquire.