+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

Kornet

Star Member
Aug 3, 2015
I got my notes yesterday and it shows criminality - in progress . Fingerprints needed.
I guess I'm waiting for my fingerprints request .

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No one has got BG completed ? I hope everyone see a progress share here
Nope. Still nothing, absolutely no movement.

Covid has been such a great excuse to do things more slowly and at snail’s pace

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Any idea on how long after submitting the fingerprints, will the application be updated?? I got the fingerprint request from Vancouver office. Completed the fingerprints yesterday through Commissionaires.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Any idea on how long after submitting the fingerprints, will the application be updated?? I got the fingerprint request from Vancouver office. Completed the fingerprints yesterday through Commissionaires.
@immg.applicant This depends on your local office. For Ottawa the time between fingerprint submission and background completed is around 32 days, based on 4 applicants from January 2020.

What is your office and when did you apply?

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
@immg.applicant This depends on your local office. For Ottawa the time between fingerprint submission and background completed is around 32 days, based on 4 applicants from January 2020.

I submitted my fp June 29, uploaded as received on my tracker on July 01. On july 21 they change my tracker as “we are working on your application.” And my BG still in process all the time.
I don’t know when it will be charge to completed .

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
I submitted my fp June 29, uploaded as received on my tracker on July 01. On july 21 they change my tracker as “we are working on your application.” And my BG still in process all the time.
I don’t know when it will be charge to completed .
Hi Salem10, every office is different , I see your local office is Kitchener, hope you will get the Background check complete soon.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
A question guys if we request gcms notes for security, do they provide enough information about the application or just one page stating your application is in process like that? I remember somebody had posted here a few months back that they just show , nothing more than a confirmation that your app is in process like that? Your kind response shall highly be appreciated

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020

I think mine would be Ottawa office, although I got fingerprints request from Vancouver office (which is the norm these days).
I am a March 2020 applicant.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all, I have a question. My GCMS notes from IRCC is showing S 22.1(b) for redaction. This section is on the right side top corner and only on the pages where they redacted some info. Does any one of you have the same situation? Please let me know. Thank you. @rajkamalmohanram @dpenabill @SaskCana @royce110 @hawat
Nope, I don't see this section listed in my notes.

But this is what S 22(1)(b) reads :

https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/p-21/section-22.html

22 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1)
  • (b) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
    • (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,
    • (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or
    • (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or

Reactions: Rocketsingh500