+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Hi guys,

I need some advise related to the absence discussion you having today. After I finished my studies, received PG work permit, applied for visa using work permit, and my PR was in process at the time. I travelled to my home country, hoping I’ll receive the visa or PR landing visa soon to come back. It took four months till I got both and retuned to Canada. This is a 120 days absence in my eligibility period (technically it is 60 days since it was before landing as PR).

In my citizenship application, the reason of travel was stated visiting family, but the length of the trip was due to the delayed visa. I didn’t explain this in the reason of travel. I had a Letter of explanation, in which I explained about my work experience, and there I mentioned that I was waiting for visa during those four months to come back (relating to work experience , not directly talking about the absence days).

If long absence is triggering more investigation in citizenship application, do you think it worth I send a webform explaining why I was absent four months?

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Hi guys,

I need some advise related to the absence discussion you having today. After I finished my studies, received PG work permit, applied for visa using work permit, and my PR was in process at the time. I travelled to my home country, hoping I’ll receive the visa or PR landing visa soon to come back. It took four months till I got both and retuned to Canada. This is a 120 days absence in my eligibility period (technically it is 60 days since it was before landing as PR).

In my citizenship application, the reason of travel was stated visiting family, but the length of the trip was due to the delayed visa. I didn’t explain this in the reason of travel. I had a Letter of explanation, in which I explained about my work experience, and there I mentioned that I was waiting for visa during those four months to come back (relating to work experience , not directly talking about the absence days).

If long absence is triggering more investigation in citizenship application, do you think it worth I send a webform explaining why I was absent four months?
I think there is already a box where you need to state the reason for your absence however in the interview the officer will ask you why did you travel that is where you can explain them with more clarity.

Reactions: hawat

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
I think there is already a box where you need to state the reason for your absence however in the interview the officer will ask you why did you travel that is where you can explain them with more clarity.
That’s right. In the box I mentioned “visiting family“. But I wasn’t planning to stay for four months, I got stuck waiting for visa. I’m thinking to explain why it was so long ...

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Approximately how many 2020 applicants are still with BG in progress still? We should track this if not already being tracked.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Approximately how many 2020 applicants are still with BG in progress still? We should track this if not already being tracked.
I am still stuck there. If there is any date I could remove from the calendar then it would be April 23 2021 when my profile was last updated! I am sure there are thousands of people like us!

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am still stuck there. If there is any date I could remove from the calendar then it would be April 23 2021 when my profile was last updated! I am sure there are thousands of people like us!
Man I dont know if thats a coincidence but mine was updated on that very same date. No movement since, is this a pattern for some of us who are still waiting??

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had written to my MP earlier this month and this was the response from IRCC, as expected:

We have verified the information you provided on behalf of your constituent.

Since your last inquiry there is no new information available.

Rest assured that the responsible office will contact your constituent directly if anything is required or when a decision has been rendered.

We hope this information is helpful. "

Response from MP’s office:
Please wait until you hear from them. The next enquiry can be done in November, if you don't hear from them by then.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Man I dont know if thats a coincidence but mine was updated on that very same date. No movement since, is this a pattern for some of us who are still waiting??
I think the in-depth background check is requested by the sydney office at the time of entering the information in the system. It is not random for sure but it depends on the country of birth or if you had travelled to any high risk country.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
April 23rd is probably when the new dashboard went live so that date isn't significant and isn't related to any actual updates done on our application. Most applicants saw this date on the status dashboard AFAIK.

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
I had written to my MP earlier this month and this was the response from IRCC, as expected:

We have verified the information you provided on behalf of your constituent.

Since your last inquiry there is no new information available.

Rest assured that the responsible office will contact your constituent directly if anything is required or when a decision has been rendered.

We hope this information is helpful. "

Response from MP’s office:
Please wait until you hear from them. The next enquiry can be done in November, if you don't hear from them by then.
I hope you get your citizenship by November and don't have to connect with your MP.

Reactions: royce110

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
April 23rd is probably when the new dashboard went live so that date isn't significant and isn't related to any actual updates done on our application. Most applicants saw this date on the status dashboard AFAIK.
Thank goodness I was already starting to think there is some hidden pattern there ‍♂

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram