+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

2020 applicants with Background verification- In Progress

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Yep

Were you a protected person before the PR ?

mine is waiting to be picked up by a level 2 officer. No i was not a protected person. I was a temporary worker and a student before that. My physical presence is complicated , I had 634 days out of Canada. lol

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
mine is waiting to be picked up by a level 2 officer. No i was not a protected person. I was a temporary worker and a student before that. My physical presence is complicated , I had 634 days out of Canada. lol
I had 120 days out of Canada , I think they are punish us for that.

Reactions: luvtrump

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Not necessarily. A few short trips should be fine. Almost 2 years worth of absence isn't. :)

yeah true. But again It is not continuous 2 years. One trip was short, the other one was long. Im thinking to send them a new physical presence . They might not accept but worth a try.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Haha what about 120 days ! :p
Well, your situation is different. You were a protected person before and it is possible that your travel while you were a protected person might be causing this delay. Also, you were self-employed for a long period of time in Canada. Also, if I recall correctly, you mentioned you traveled to your country of origin while being a protected person, right? That complicates things.

None of it makes complete sense, it could be a culmination of factors that is causing this delay.

Reactions: luvtrump

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
yeah true. But again It is not continuous 2 years. One trip was short, the other one was long. Im thinking to send them a new physical presence . They might not accept but worth a try.
Well, that won't work unless you withdraw your current application and apply from scratch.

Given that your delay has crossed more than 2 years and the delay appears to be because of residence, it would be worth a try to withdraw the application, lose the processing fee and submit a new application where the IRCC officer won't be greeted by a heart attack seeing 630 days of absence from Canada on the physical presence calculator.

If your criminality and security checks are still valid, you might even see faster processing times.

bluesami

Jan 22, 2020
Well, your situation is different. You were a protected person before and it is possible that your travel while you were a protected person might be causing this delay. Also, you were self-employed for a long period of time in Canada. Also, if I recall correctly, you mentioned you traveled to your country of origin while being a protected person, right? That complicates things.

None of it makes complete sense, it could be a culmination of factors that is causing this delay.
rajkamalmohanram

No brother I traveled while I was PR, and no I did not travel to my country of origin I traveled to another country.

Last edited:

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
Well, that won't work unless you withdraw your current application and apply from scratch.

Given that your delay has crossed more than 2 years and the delay appears to be because of residence, it would be worth a try to withdraw the application, lose the processing fee and submit a new application where the IRCC officer won't be greeted by a heart attack seeing 630 days of absence from Canada on the physical presence calculator.
aah that is too much work. Ill just put a new one . with new fee.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aah that is too much work. Ill just put a new one . with new fee.
If you are planning to submit a new application, withdraw the old one. Don't have multiple applications in progress (and give them a chance to delay the new application as well). Withdraw the old one and you'll receive the Right of Citizenship fee back in a few months. In the meantime, submit a new application. The odds are it might be processed quickly (but you know it well already, there are no guarantees). As long as misrepresentation is not suspected on your application, IRCC will gladly let you withdraw your application.

Also, make sure the withdrawal process is fully complete before you submit a new application.

luvtrump

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2020
If you are planning to submit a new application, withdraw the old one. Don't have multiple applications in progress (and give them a chance to delay the new application as well). Withdraw the old one and you'll receive the Right of Citizenship fee back in a few months. In the meantime, submit a new application. The odds are it might be processed quickly (but you know it well already, there are no guarantees). As long as misrepresentation is not suspected on your application, IRCC will gladly let you withdraw your application.
Yeah i am working on my new application. Last my file was upated 2 months ago. waiting to see next gcms . Notes from Cbsa too will make a decision by next month

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram