+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I've received GCMS notes from CBSA. There are only 6 pages but it contains most of the relevant information from the regular format of the notes. The notes were extracted on 14th July, 2 days AFTER I've submitted my passport pages.

Assessments

Knowledge
: Passed
Residence: Not Started
Language
: Not Started
Prohibition
Criminality
Security:
redacted (assumed 'Passed' based on BG status)
Oath: Not Started

Paper File

Paper File Office: Mississauga IRCC

Application Assignment

Due Date
: (redacted)
Assigned by: (redacted)
Assigned to: (redacted)

After this, I see 3 rows of information where it talks about the following :

1. That I've been scheduled for a Citizenship event (test) and was sent an email with date stamped 23rd June.
2. That I've been sent an email for the Citizenship event (test) and the "Invitation letter to complete your online citizenship test has been amended. Please review this new letter and contact the local office if you have any questions with respect to the changes" with date stamped 24th June (but I received no such email on the 24th).
3. That I've been sent a letter requesting Passport pages with date stamped 12th July.

So, there's this new "Location" called "Scanned Files". I really hope this isn't the equivalent of "Registry" before the test :( . Could this mean that the PP pages I sent were "scanned" into the system and awaiting action from an officer? Will wait to see how this progresses!

Since Residence is still "Not Started", I'm assuming the officer hasn't taken a look at the passport pages I sent at least as of July 14th (not sure what time).

Last edited:

AK_canada

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
I've received GCMS notes from CBSA. There are only 6 pages. The notes were extracted on 14th July, 2 days AFTER I've submitted my passport pages.

Assessments

Knowledge
Language
Prohibition
Criminality
Security:
redacted (assumed 'Passed' based on BG status and Security section in notes)

Paper File

Application Assignment

Due Date

1. That I've been scheduled for a Citizenship event (test) with date stamped 23rd June.
2. That I've been sent an email for the Citizenship event (test) with date stamped 24th June.
3. That I've been sent a letter requesting Passport pages with date stamped 12th July.

So, there's this new "Location" called "Scanned Files". I really hope this isn't the equivalent of "Registry" before the test :(

Since Residence is still "Not Started", I'm assuming the officer hasn't taken a look at the passport pages I sent at least as of July 14th (not sure what time).
Does everyone get asked for passport pages or is it random?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I wonder if they mean files that you scanned and uploaded, or scans that they have your application as a whole. If the former, then I suppose it's waiting for someone to look at them...
Yes, that's a possibility. Let's see how this evolves. Hopefully, it doesn't take too long :) !

I'm certainly going to order GCMS notes from IRCC towards the end of the application (a few days before oath date) to get to the bottom of all the "Locations" that the application can go to during the course of the application process.

Reactions: Hot2Cold

nv0411

Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05 Dec 2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
05 Dec 2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
10 Mar 2017
VISA ISSUED...
24 Mar 2017
I've received GCMS notes from CBSA. There are only 6 pages but it contains most of the relevant information from the regular format of the notes. The notes were extracted on 14th July, 2 days AFTER I've submitted my passport pages.
How long did it take you to receive the notes from CBSA?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
What happens if someone moved but didn't change the address in the application?
No change/transfer of file location. So no delay of file transfer, if at all cic decided to transfer file based on their

Assessments

Knowledge
Language
Prohibition
Criminality
Security:
redacted (assumed 'Passed' based on BG status)

Paper File

Application Assignment

Due Date

1. That I've been scheduled for a Citizenship event (test) and was sent an email with date stamped 23rd June.
2. That I've been sent an email for the Citizenship event (test) and the "Invitation letter to complete your online citizenship test has been amended. Please review this new letter and contact the local office if you have any questions with respect to the changes" with date stamped 24th June (but I received no such email on the 24th).

So, there's this new "Location" called "Scanned Files". I really hope this isn't the equivalent of "Registry" before the test :( . Could this mean that the PP pages I sent were "scanned" into the system and awaiting action from an officer? Will wait to see how this progresses!

We have seen that the people who get interview or passport page requests get done sooner than any other applicant as thats the only verification the applicant has. So i think location doesnt matter.
Also as we know that cic is trying to mark complete majority ones for their internal reporting hence last months of 2020 have real chance of completing their DM and oath within 12 months.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
A little back story. A couple of days after I submitted passport pages, I sent a webform request to ensure that the passport pages have been received by the local office.

I received this response to my webform query today :

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that your copies were not received by the responsible office yet.

If you would like to send them to us again, we invite you to:

• Fill out the IRCC Web form and include your documents. It will be our pleasure to forward them to the office processing your file, or
  • Send them by mail to the responsible office.
If additional information is required during the process of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Furthermore, your application to become a Canadian citizen (grant of citizenship) is still in process.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications.

We understand that this may be a difficult time for you and we are here to assist you by providing you with the information we have available at this time.

Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
Its been 8 days since I sent the passport pages but these people claim they haven't received it. I have sent the documents again by replying to the email I received the request from.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
A little back story. A couple of days after I submitted passport pages, I sent a webform request to ensure that the passport pages have been received by the local office.

I received this response to my webform query today :

Its been 8 days since I sent the passport pages but these people claim they haven't received it. I have sent the documents again by replying to the email I received the request from.
But they said to send it through webform, not the "from address" email.

I think that the webform was unnecessary since the documents might not have been processed yet. you would have even asked the office directly to acknowledge rather than the centralized system. we know that the centralized system is never up to date on anything to local office/file.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
But they said to send it through webform, not the "from address" email
Adding it through the webform will only take more time. I responded to the email and I requested them for an acknowledgement to ensure they've received it.

I can send it through the webform too, just in case. Not sure how the local office didn't receive it LOL. I responded on the same day within 10 minutes after I received the request. This sucks.

UPDATE: I have sent a webform request with the passport pages and translation as well, just in case. It could be that they have some issues with the inbox for the email ID from which they sent the passport request from and that could be one reason why they haven't received the documents yet, can't be sure.

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Adding it through the webform will only take more time. I responded to the email and I requested them for an acknowledgement to ensure they've received it.

I can send it through the webform too, just in case. Not sure how the local office didn't receive it LOL. I responded on the same day within 10 minutes after I received the request. This sucks.
Its received surely but local office didnt update the file yet with the incoming files hence central team just responded by looking at your record without contacting the local office on the matter.

yes webform takes time.

Local officer would have wondered how come he got (auto) reply in few mins with asked attachments ;)

• Haha
Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Its received surely but local office didnt update the file yet with the incoming files hence central team just responded by looking at your record without contacting the local office on the matter.

yes webform takes time.

Local officer would have wondered how come he got (auto) reply in few mins with asked attachments ;)
LOL. Yep. May be I responded too quickly they probably thought it was an auto-reply for an undelivered message.

Rehan123

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, this is normal.

I don't see you on the spreadsheet.

Could you please provide your information in the following format so that I can add you to the spreadsheet?

App Type: Family # 3
Physical Presence Days: 1178
App Sent: September 28
App Delivered: September 30
AOR: 21st
In-Progress:
Test Email:
Test Date:

Also, from the new status dashboard, can you please provide the dates of the following :

Background Check "Completed" date
Citizenship Test "Completed" date
App Type: Family # 3
Physical Presence Days: 1178
App Sent: September 28, 2020
App Delivered: September 30
AOR: 21st December
In-Progress: 17th February
Background check completed: 19th March
Test Email: June 21
Test window: 28th June-18th July
Passport page request: 13th July