+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience & Education major different!

Bratua94

Mar 5, 2018
Hello everybody.

My situation is kinda different from what I've been reading on this forum so far so I am in need of help clarifying some important questions bugging me.

So I graduated with a BSc. Economics with a specialization in Financial Accounting from Russia. I got into web development and am self-taught. I built my online portfolio with all my personal projects on there because I don't have any experience in an agency or freelance. Basically a newbie at this. Recently, I just got an offer from a Canadian advertising company in Montreal as a UI and Creative developer. I am in the process of applying for a Temporary Work Permit/Visa (after I get the LMIA and job contract from the employer). Now, I know all the processes involved but my question is this:

1). Seeing that I don't have any work experience, what are my chances of getting the temporary work permit/visa ? I ask this because I will be applying in person and not online and in the document checklist, there was no mention of proving work experience or getting references or referrals. However, in the application form, I do still have to fill in employment experience( which I do not have). How do you suppose I go about this and how does this affect my chances of getting the temporary work visa/permit? Has anyone experienced or knows someone who has experienced something like this before?

2). Secondly, in the document checklist, I do have to submit proof that I am eligible for the job. How do I do this with my current credentials?

Please any help will be greatly appreciated.

priyanka_2345

Mar 7, 2018
Hi there,

I received my engineering degree in electronics and telecommunications in 2017, and I have 2 years of part time work experience with a digital marketing firm as a Business development executive (with a decent salary) and 1 year experience as a Business development manager in FMCG and real estate industry.

Will I be eligible to apply for the express entry program?

Apr 10, 2018
I have done bachelor of commerce.after completed bachelor of commerce I have done CCNA natworking course (I have available training certificate of it)I have three years of experience of them so can I eligible for express entry of Canada?

ADEYEYE

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
lagos Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 14 2017
Doc's Request.
July 2018 RPRF
Nomination.....
feb 26 2017
AOR Received.
15/05/15
Med's Done....
9 april 2018
Passport Req..
July 20 2018
I have done bachelor of commerce.after completed bachelor of commerce I have done CCNA natworking course (I have available training certificate of it)I have three years of experience of them so can I eligible for express entry of Canada?
Hello, if your occupation is in networking NOC 2281 then your first degree doesn't matter cos Network Administrator is not a regulated occupation in Canada except in Saskatchewan Province. I studied Chemistry and have 4 CCNA certificates and 9 yrs experience in Computer Networking and was nominated by Ontario.
So keep calm only regulated occupation will require related degree you cannot claim to be a mechanical Engineer (Regulated Occupation) and you studied chemistry or commerce. Hope this answers your question. Regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenobserver

Syed571

Feb 27, 2018
Hi!
I studied BCA Bachelor's of computers Nd B.ed bachelor of education nd later masters.
I worked as a accountant in a private school. My education is completely different from my work. As the employment requirement from cic is I need to have related field of study from job. Can I apply?

ADEYEYE

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
lagos Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 14 2017
Doc's Request.
July 2018 RPRF
Nomination.....
feb 26 2017
AOR Received.
15/05/15
Med's Done....
9 april 2018
Passport Req..
July 20 2018
Hi!
I studied BCA Bachelor's of computers Nd B.ed bachelor of education nd later masters.
I worked as a accountant in a private school. My education is completely different from my work. As the employment requirement from cic is I need to have related field of study from job. Can I apply?
Accounting is a regulated occupation in Canada.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hi...
I have done bachelor's in commerce and masters in finance but I have worked as a trainer of English and mathematics for 2 years.
According to the duties that I have performed I fall under the NOC 4021 which is college and other vocational instructors, but the employment requirements of this code state the following:
  • A bachelor's degree, a college diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required.
  • A master's degree in the field of instruction may be required.
  • A certificate, diploma or degree in adult education may be required.
  • For instructors of trades, completion of apprenticeship training and industry or trade certification are required. Additional courses in teaching or a provincial teaching certificate may be required.
I don't possess any degree or diploma according to this requirement....am I eligible to apply....please help!

Reactions: can91

ADEYEYE

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
lagos Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 14 2017
Doc's Request.
July 2018 RPRF
Nomination.....
feb 26 2017
AOR Received.
15/05/15
Med's Done....
9 april 2018
Passport Req..
July 20 2018
Hi...
I have done bachelor's in commerce and masters in finance but I have worked as a trainer of English and mathematics for 2 years.
According to the duties that I have performed I fall under the NOC 4021 which is college and other vocational instructors, but the employment requirements of this code state the following:
  • A bachelor's degree, a college diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required.
  • For instructors of trades, completion of apprenticeship training and industry or trade certification are required. Additional courses in teaching or a provincial teaching certificate may be required.
I don't possess any degree or diploma according to this requirement....am I eligible to apply....please help!
Hello,
Firstly, confirm if that occupation is regulated in canada or the province you want to settle in. If its regulated your education must match with the employment requirements.

Regards.

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hello,
Firstly, confirm if that occupation is regulated in canada or the province you want to settle in. If its regulated your education must match with the employment requirements.

Regards.
Hey... thanks for the reply
How should I confirm if that is regulated or not?

ADEYEYE

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
lagos Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 14 2017
Doc's Request.
July 2018 RPRF
Nomination.....
feb 26 2017
AOR Received.
15/05/15
Med's Done....
9 april 2018
Passport Req..
July 20 2018
Hey... thanks for the reply
How should I confirm if that is regulated or not?
Hi just go to Google and type in is xxxxxx occupation regulated in Canada.

Goodluck

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
Hi just go to Google and type in is xxxxxx occupation regulated in Canada.

Goodluck
I have tried doing it but I am unable to find any information on whether a trainer in a company is a regulated profession or not...I don't know what to do
Does anyone has any idea on this

ADEYEYE

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
lagos Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 14 2017
Doc's Request.
July 2018 RPRF
Nomination.....
feb 26 2017
AOR Received.
15/05/15
Med's Done....
9 april 2018
Passport Req..
July 20 2018
I have tried doing it but I am unable to find any information on whether a trainer in a company is a regulated profession or not...I don't know what to do
Does anyone has any idea on this
What is your profession let me help u check

ravleen

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23 September 2018
Med's Done....
23 October 2018
What is your profession let me help u check
I have been working as an academic trainer of maths and English in a company and my audience was employees working in that company

goanpixie

Jun 26, 2018
Hi,

I have Master's degree in Biotechnology and 4 years of experience in it. I have two questions:
1. Is there a place where I can input my publications, incase it adds additional points?
2. Since past 2 years I have moved on from the field. Done coding bootcamp and now work as a Software engineer since past one year, should I mention this in the form.

I have checked my CRS score, without mentioning the second point -->it shows 470(which is good for cutoff this month 440). Need experienced opinions on the matter. Please feel free to comment.

Will it cause any problems, if I get a PR on basis on Biotechnology degree and work as a Software developer once I get PR?

sandeep_kaur

Jul 5, 2018
Hi...
Did you get any response bcz I am also facing same issue