+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience & Education major different!

Rajneet walia

May 30, 2019
Do education n experience have to be matched... My husband has done diploma in production engineering and is in IT field for past 10 years
Has got lmia for it job only. Can he get temporary foreign work permit

kunjal_patil

Oct 6, 2019
I've a degree in information systems and applied under NOC 5241 - Graphic designers and illustrators. I didn't get any nomination.

If you have enough experience in an NOC that differs from your education, your case should be valid enough for IRCC to approve your application. By the time I applied, I had over 4 and half years doing the same type of work. All my letters supported that of course.

That being said, some jobs require certifications. Don't expect to convince them that you're a doctor if you studied finance.
------------------------

I have the same situation, I studies mobile application (IT) in Canada and I have been working as graphic designer under NOC 5241.

You said you did not get nomination but earlier you said that study and experience does not matter to each other.

is it going to be a problem or no?

Please reply, Thanks!

Viral93

Feb 28, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-01-2021
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
Hi everyone,
I have a question about choosing the job title to apply for my ee, I worked in a dental clinic as administrative assistant and my job duties and responsibilities match with “medical administrative assistant” but my boss said I only can get title of “dental administrative assistant” and there is no noc code for such title, does it belong to “medical administrative assistant”?
Hello,
I'm working at a Dental Office in Winnipeg, Canada as an Administrative Assistant. I will soon be applying for my PR under express entry. i was confused as to what would be my NOC code. please help

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
Your attorney is wrong (doesn't even surprise me anymore). Education and work experience do not have to be related.

If your case is not super complicated, I strongly suggest you apply by yourself, without using a lawyer as a representative.
hello
here unfortunately :oops: attorney cost is too much expensive 5 to 7000 $CAD
so what you mean by super complicate ?
and you think is not tough to apply by applicant self ? but if someone has not had any experience you think it's possible still ?
thanks

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
------------------------

I have the same situation, I studies mobile application (IT) in Canada and I have been working as graphic designer under NOC 5241.

You said you did not get nomination but earlier you said that study and experience does not matter to each other.

is it going to be a problem or no?

Please reply, Thanks!
I didn't get any provincial nomination. My PR was approved. Shouldn't be a problem if you can show relevant experience.

amesbush21

Oct 22, 2019
Hello,
I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times before, but I'm asking again because everyone's situation seems to be different.
My query is in relation to work experience and education. My NOC is 1311 Accounting technicians and bookkeepers. I worked in this field for more than 7 years in Australia. I learnt everything on the job and had no formal education/qualifications. When reading the NOC employment requirements it states:
  • Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting) or courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required.
If I have the experience but not the education, how will this affect my PR application?

amesbush21

Oct 22, 2019
hii all,
i have done bachelor in arts and i am working as a pharmaceutical sales (6221 noc code) representative from last 8 years. my experience and qualification is not match with each other.would it put affect on my application if i do process for express entry or pnp. kindly help me in this matter. i am confused
Hi - did you get a response to this? I'm in a similar situation and I'd love to hear how this worked out for you.

raihanchy

Oct 23, 2019
Hello, if your occupation is in networking NOC 2281 then your first degree doesn't matter cos Network Administrator is not a regulated occupation in Canada except in Saskatchewan Province. I studied Chemistry and have 4 CCNA certificates and 9 yrs experience in Computer Networking and was nominated by Ontario.
So keep calm only regulated occupation will require related degree you cannot claim to be a mechanical Engineer (Regulated Occupation) and you studied chemistry or commerce. Hope this answers your question. Regards.
I have completed my graduation in business administration and an MBA in finance. I work in an IT company as a Programmer/web developer for several years now.
I want to apply for express entry. Now my question is after getting the ITA will there be an issue since my profession is in IT and my educational background in business administration?

Anyone here who immigrated to Canada with the same background and professional experience?

spider28

Apr 29, 2019
Dear Members,

I need your help with my work experience.

I have been working at Central Bank of Pakistan since June 2013.

My work history is as follows:

June 2013 to July 2015 - Central Bank of Pakistan

Aug 2015 to May 2017 - Unpaid Study leave Masters from University of Oklahoma

June 2017 to PRESENT - Central Bank of Pakistan - Same Position

Now how should i write my experience in ITA application work history section.

Should i write in continuation i.e., June 2013 to PRESENT ?

OR

Should i break it into two separate rows as follows:

June 2013 to July 2015 - Central Bank of Pakistan
June 2017 to PRESENT - Central Bank of Pakistan - Same Position

The experience letter that i have clearly states that i was on study leave during the period July 2015 to June 2017. I also have the initial job offer letter from my employer.

Looking forward to your responses.

Regards,
Spider28

Ngounder9721

Oct 24, 2019
Anyone who has received PR after submitting their application with education and work experience as being different. Please Advice

raihanchy

Oct 23, 2019
A lot of people did. I posted about this if you check the previous pages of this thread. It would be better if you post your question so that we can better help you.
I have completed my graduation in business administration and an MBA in finance. I work in an IT company as a Programmer/web developer for several years now.
I want to apply for express entry. Now my question is after getting the ITA will there be an issue since my profession is in IT and my educational background in business administration?

Anyone here who immigrated to Canada with the same background and professional experience?

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Hello,
I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times before, but I'm asking again because everyone's situation seems to be different.
My query is in relation to work experience and education. My NOC is 1311 Accounting technicians and bookkeepers. I worked in this field for more than 7 years in Australia. I learnt everything on the job and had no formal education/qualifications. When reading the NOC employment requirements it states:
  • Completion of a college program in accounting, bookkeeping or a related field or completion of two years (first level) of a recognized professional accounting program (e.g., Chartered Accounting, Certified General Accounting) or courses in accounting or bookkeeping combined with several years of experience as a financial or accounting clerk are required.
If I have the experience but not the education, how will this affect my PR application?
You should be fine. Your job is not regulated, so it doesn't require formal education really. Work experience has a much bigger weight and 7 years is a lot of experience.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON

I'm sure a lot did if you search the forum. If you read my replies in this thread, you will see that I got my PR under NOC 5241 with a different education background.

You can go ahead and apply.