+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience & Education major different!

sam_15

Feb 25, 2015
Hi there !
I have studies in computer science and engineering (BSc 4years). But I have job experience as logistics support executive.Am I eligible to apply for Express entry? or different study major and job experience in different field cannot be accepted.Please help !

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
sam_15 said:
Hi there !
I have studies in computer science and engineering (BSc 4years). But I have job experience as logistics support executive.Am I eligible to apply for Express entry? or different study major and job experience in different field cannot be accepted.Please help !
My husbands education differs massively from the job he is doing now so no, I don't think it affects your eligibility.

sam_15

Feb 25, 2015
Scottygirl said:
My husbands education differs massively from the job he is doing now so no, I don't think it affects your eligibility.
Thanks a lot !
Actually I am pretty confused about everything.As I am 25 and I am divorced and planning to apply for Pr in canada.I want to leave my country ASAP. I contacted with an immigration lawyer , he strongly said my job has to be related to my field of study.So i got a bit depressed. As you got ITA I think your info is more reliable than the lawyer's Can you please help me with this job thing? I mean to say what prooves do i need to show for my job experience? And how do the visa officers verify the job status?
Any reply will be highly appreciated !!

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Attorneys delay the cases, charge huge amount, and always you are at their mercy.

Education and experience details are on this forum. Go through.

Canada PR is a simple, straight forward process. Attorneys help is not required.

Just follow this forum, where all or majority of the members will help you at each stage of the process. Wink

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_15 said:
I contacted with an immigration lawyer , he strongly said my job has to be related to my field of study.
Your attorney is wrong (doesn't even surprise me anymore). Education and work experience do not have to be related.

If your case is not super complicated, I strongly suggest you apply by yourself, without using a lawyer as a representative.

Reactions: santi_marlon

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
sam_15 said:
Thanks a lot !
Actually I am pretty confused about everything.As I am 25 and I am divorced and planning to apply for Pr in canada.I want to leave my country ASAP. I contacted with an immigration lawyer , he strongly said my job has to be related to my field of study.So i got a bit depressed. As you got ITA I think your info is more reliable than the lawyer's Can you please help me with this job thing? I mean to say what prooves do i need to show for my job experience? And how do the visa officers verify the job status?
Any reply will be highly appreciated !!
My husbands field of study was in heating, ventilation & air conditioning design & installation - he is now a compliance manager for an engineering consultancy (they specialize in rail & transit). To verify job status you need to provide reference letters from current & previous employers.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sam_15 said:
I contacted with an immigration lawyer , he strongly said my job has to be related to my field of study.

This is (generally) not true. In some cases it is (you wouldn't claim to be an engineer without an engineering degree, or a nurse without studying nursing) - this is true for "regulated occupations" only. In most cases, it does not have to be related.

I mean to say what prooves do i need to show for my job experience? And how do the visa officers verify the job status?

If you get an ITA, you will need to prepare a complete application - for Proof of work experience, you need letter(s) from your employer(s) with very specific information, plus supporting documentation (tax documents and/or paystubs, contracts, etc.) this is the guide to the documentation you need to submit -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

sam_15

Feb 25, 2015
So i have my degree of Computer Science and Engineering. But i have work experience on logistics support executive.Will this be a problem?

And before getting ITA in my express entry profile what should be included as my job proof?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
sam_15 said:
So i have my degree of Computer Science and Engineering. But i have work experience on logistics support executive.Will this be a problem?

No, it's not a regulated occupation.

And before getting ITA in my express entry profile what should be included as my job proof?

Review the requirements under "Proof of Work Experience."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank God,
I found this thread. :) :)
Well, my story is similar.
My work experience is in Life Insurance Field as Learning & Development Manager and my education is Master of Science (Chemistry).

Does my work experience have to correspond with my education??

Will it affect my CIC application outcome because my work exp is not related to my field of eductaion?

Pls share what you think about it.

Your answers will be very valuable for me.
Thanks in advance.

Chaklader

Jun 4, 2016
I also have the same issue, I studied MSc in Transportation System and worked as Software developer. I heard for the EE the experience counts even if the university major is different. I'm also considering Quebec skilled worker program and you need to be graduated with last five (5) years for their program if the university major is different. Glad I graduated less than 3 years ago and I hope i will work out. Please, correct me if the info is not relevant.

jigesh

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2019
Hello,

I have same case but little bit more complex!

I am an MBA major in FINANCE and i am working as FREELANCE IT PROFESSIONAL since 5+ years and working in web development sector!

In documentation proof, i have bank statements & can have letter of work from few clients (Of course, everyone won't give me letter as i worked for more than 400+ clients)

Moreover, i have profile on freelancing website name freelancer.com but there is my 30% of my work is stored and can have statements from them as well.

What are your opinion ? Do i fit in this case ?

Thank you

Jul 19, 2017
Hi there !
It does not matter what is your field of study. One of my friend got invitation for pr and detail is below
Field of study: 2 year accounting diploma at humber college
work experience: Two year work experience as a Technician + LMIA ( you need LMIA only if your points are not enough otherwise you are ok)

RoshniJohri

Aug 9, 2017
By profession im a fashion designer with a 4 years bachelor degree in fashion design. Plus I have an MBA degree too. Will my MBA points count or not??? Kindly suggest

jonnyquest

Jul 29, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 2016
Doc's Request.
13th May 2016
Nomination.....
13th Aug 2016
Hi Guys,
I have a doubt, I have 10+ years work experience of Technical sales and I have degree in bacholer of commerce ( 3 year Integrated course). So my work experience doesn't mismatch with my education.

Kindly let me know.

Regards,