+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience & Education major different!

aliaz

Dec 24, 2018
Hi everyone, is there anyone who has actually got a PR with a work experience different from his education major? Does anyone know if it is possible to go through with work experience as an English teacher and have studied IT?

Dec 25, 2018
Hi All,
I have a query related to my wife's application who will be the main applicant for Canada Express Entry for PR. She has done masters in Physiotherapy and then worked as physiotherapist for 3 years, and then she migrated to IT where she has approx 2.5 years of experience. Can you please let us know as which NOC Job should be applicable for her, the Job in IT or the Job in Physiotherapy. Can she show both her experience. Thanks a lot in advance,

Pankaj

canadadream89

Jul 3, 2017
Hello!

Small question. I will almost be completing my Master's Degree in HRM. However, I have 5.5 years work experience as a Secretary and not in HR. Will this be an issue when applying for PR as my work experience and education are not related?

Jawad kz

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello!

Small question. I will almost be completing my Master's Degree in HRM. However, I have 5.5 years work experience as a Secretary and not in HR. Will this be an issue when applying for PR as my work experience and education are not related?
Hello

You education and experience could be different that really doesn’t matter

MBA_grad

Apr 21, 2019
Hello

You education and experience could be different that really doesn’t matter
Hi Guys. I have a bachelor in English literature, and 3 years of part-time teaching experience while studying. and I have 2 years of work experience while studying for my MBA, does this count as legit work experience

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Hi Guys. I have a bachelor in English literature, and 3 years of part-time teaching experience while studying. and I have 2 years of work experience while studying for my MBA, does this count as legit work experience
U need to elaborate more. What were the working hours, NOC code etc

Tarun28792

Jun 13, 2019
hii all,
i have done bachelor in arts and i am working as a pharmaceutical sales (6221 noc code) representative from last 8 years. my experience and qualification is not match with each other.would it put affect on my application if i do process for express entry or pnp. kindly help me in this matter. i am confused

japman09

Jul 2, 2019
I am confused about my field of study. I am M.Sc.(H) Biochemistry, Can anyone know under which field of study do i come? Field of study options are- sciences applied, sciences general, sciences health and biological and biomedical sciences.

ejazgfk

Jan 27, 2017
My Dear Friends,
I have work 14 Years of Work experience of IT in NOC-2171 and I have done Master in International Relations which is totally different from educationWill this affect my case in Qubec or any other province in Canada?

Thanking in Advance for you guidence...

Jawad kz

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
My Dear Friends,
I have work 14 Years of Work experience of IT in NOC-2171 and I have done Master in International Relations which is totally different from educationWill this affect my case in Qubec or any other province in Canada?

Thanking in Advance for you guidence...
No it won’t in express entry your education and experience doesn’t have to be relevant

ejazgfk

Jan 27, 2017
No it won’t in express entry your education and experience doesn’t have to be relevant
Thank you for response
Today i visited a consultant he told me that i wont get invitation because i have unmtached experience and education.therefore i wanted ot clarify. Is there any case in your knowledge who had the same differnece of education and experience and got PR or nomination? i will be very thankful to you my bro. i am asking because i have submitted EOI for Qubec.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Thankyou.is it possible if you share some detail about ur case as what was ur education and experienc and from which state did you get invitation and when u get it. Please dont mind it.

Best Regards
I've a degree in information systems and applied under NOC 5241 - Graphic designers and illustrators. I didn't get any nomination.

If you have enough experience in an NOC that differs from your education, your case should be valid enough for IRCC to approve your application. By the time I applied, I had over 4 and half years doing the same type of work. All my letters supported that of course.

That being said, some jobs require certifications. Don't expect to convince them that you're a doctor if you studied finance.

ejazgfk

Jan 27, 2017
Yes i understand that. but as i said i have experience of 14 Years as NOC-2171 and have done masters in International relations.hopefully this will work InshaAllah.