+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Experience & Education major different!

proteleron

Feb 28, 2018
Good day dear members.
I have a question regarding POF.
From N year to 2012 , I have been working for a company without postgraduate degree. It was full time job as far as in skill level B. The question is , will it be considered as work experience?
Thanks a lot for you upcoming insights.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Good day dear members.
I have a question regarding POF.
From N year to 2012 , I have been working for a company without postgraduate degree. It was full time job as far as in skill level B. The question is , will it be considered as work experience?
Thanks a lot for you upcoming insights.
As long as work experience is legit and you can get letters for the same it's ok.

Banu@tcs

Jul 5, 2018
Hi All,

Could someone please help me in clarifying the below doubt which is bugging me all the time. I wanted to know if i am eligible for EE.
I have done M.Sc in Microbiology in 2012 and got campus recruited by an MNC as a software engineer. Since then started working In IT field and have got 5+ yrs of exp in software development.
To apply for Canada PR, my duties fall under NOC code 2171 or 2173 which are related to IT purely. I didnt had atleast mathematics as my minor even. Wil I b eligible to apply as software engineer?
Employment requirements for Software engineer:
  • A bachelor's degree, usually in computer science, computer systems engineering, software engineering or mathematics or Completion of a college program in computer science is usually required.
  • A master's or doctoral degree in a related discipline may be required.
  • Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practise as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
  • Engineers are eligible for registration following graduation from an accredited educational program, three or four years of supervised work experience in engineering, and passing a professional practice examination.
  • Experience as a computer programmer is usually required.
Any help clarifying this doubt helps me a lot. Thanks in advance..

Aug 30, 2018
Dear Members,

My dilemma is the work experience I have, come under NOC 1123 - Advertising Account Manager.

And "Employment Requirements," says:
  • A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is usually required.
I recently got my WES evaluation report wherein my 3 years Bachelor Degree in (Information Technology) was accepted, but my PGDBM (Marketing) was not recognized i.e (Not comparable to Canadian Credential). I have my 7 years of experience working in Advertising Agencies since my PG Diploma is accepted in India.

Now if I apply for Express Entry, will my application be rejected because of my work experience is in not in line with my educational qualification.

Second: the employment requirement say "A university degree or college diploma in business marketing" and since WES has not recognized my PGDMS - Marketing diploma will it have any ramification in the process.

Request you to please help me. Looking forward to a response.

Regards,
Sudeesh

ADEYEYE

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
lagos Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 14 2017
Doc's Request.
July 2018 RPRF
Nomination.....
feb 26 2017
AOR Received.
15/05/15
Med's Done....
9 april 2018
Passport Req..
July 20 2018
Dear Members,

My dilemma is the work experience I have, come under NOC 1123 - Advertising Account Manager.

• A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is usually required.
I recently got my WES evaluation report wherein my 3 years Bachelor Degree in (Information Technology) was accepted, but my PGDBM (Marketing) was not recognized i.e (Not comparable to Canadian Credential). I have my 7 years of experience working in Advertising Agencies since my PG Diploma is accepted in India.

Now if I apply for Express Entry, will my application be rejected because of my work experience is in not in line with my educational qualification.

Second: the employment requirement say "A university degree or college diploma in business marketing" and since WES has not recognized my PGDMS - Marketing diploma will it have any ramification in the process.

Regards,
Sudeesh
Stop worrying it doesn't matter. I studied chemistry and my occupation is in IT .I just got my PR. No worries .You re good.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Dear Members,

Regards,
Sudeesh
Like mentioned several times in the thread it doesn't matter
Make sure you read previous replies to a thread as well

Reactions: sudeeshshobhana

Zigzag85

Oct 20, 2017
What if I’m going for a nomination from a province? Would it matter that my degree doesn’t match my work experience?

Oct 19, 2018
Hlo everyone, I have studied Veterinary Medicine and working as a science teacher in a private recognised school as I wanted to study for North America Veterinary licencing exam (NAVLE). Am I eligible for express entry as my work experience is not relevant to study and I have a doubt that the visa officer may reject my application.

Gul Ahsan

Oct 18, 2018
I have work experience of job related to an e store( e commerce based)... Will it effect credibility of my experience...??

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I have work experience of job related to an e store( e commerce based)... Will it effect credibility of my experience...??
Why would it? As long as it is legit and you can show letters as per CIC requirement, does not matter what your job is. Just make sure you choose a correct NOC for it.

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Hi everyone,
I have a question about choosing the job title to apply for my ee, I worked in a dental clinic as administrative assistant and my job duties and responsibilities match with “medical administrative assistant” but my boss said I only can get title of “dental administrative assistant” and there is no noc code for such title, does it belong to “medical administrative assistant”?

Reactions: Viral93

Jawad kz

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I would really appreciate if anyone who were in our situation and has got Pr successfully

My wife completed Bachelor of Dental Surgery in 2014 then she moved to Australia with me and worked there in a managerial position. She has recently got 8 each in ielts. Can we still claim admin experience with dental surgery?