+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

Usman6843

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
I am accepted into the post graduate program in Canada. For that, I want to apply for study permit under SDS program. All documents like GIC, tuition fees paid proof, police certificate, IELTS result card are ready to submit except upfront medical exam due to closure of health immigration centres, I can't get appointment for upfront medical exam. I want to inquire that, can i apply for SDS program online, without submitting upfront medical exam or not. Will my application will be rejected on not giving upfront medical exam or will be on hold until I provide upfront medical exam on services resumption. Kindly tell me what possibilities might be.

Asra_eskay

Jun 30, 2020
Hey everyone
So I got into a graduate program at CU and my semester starts from September 2020 which is just few months away. I will be having my IELTS soon as the last one expired recently and Covid-19 isn't making this situation any easier when it comes to getting Medical examination which is not being conducted here for now.

My question is, should I push myself to apply for study permit this year or just defer my semester to Winter 2021 and wait until the medical exam resumes to conduct and then submit the application in 2021? Also has anyone gotten their Study Permit approved via SDS from Pakistan recently ?

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Hey everyone
So I got into a graduate program at CU and my semester starts from September 2020 which is just few months away. I will be having my IELTS soon as the last one expired recently and Covid-19 isn't making this situation any easier when it comes to getting Medical examination which is not being conducted here for now.

My question is, should I push myself to apply for study permit this year or just defer my semester to Winter 2021 and wait until the medical exam resumes to conduct and then submit the application in 2021? Also has anyone gotten their Study Permit approved via SDS from Pakistan recently ?
Its better to defer for January intake that will give you enough time to prepare the documents and get a decision for your application on time. Few people were approved in February after that IRCC stopped processing study permits due to COVID-19. They finally lifted the suspension yesterday. And now the application are piled up. Even if you submit the application now you wont be able to get a decision anytime soon.

Reactions: Asra_eskay

Asra_eskay

Jun 30, 2020
Its better to defer for January intake that will give you enough time to prepare the documents and get a decision for your application on time. Few people were approved in February after that IRCC stopped processing study permits due to COVID-19. They finally lifted the suspension yesterday. And now the application are piled up. Even if you submit the application now you wont be able to get a decision anytime soon.
Thankyou for this!!
I was so lost regarding what to do next. Thank you for helping me. Also I've recently read that we need to give SOLID reasons to be able to convince the officer for the study permit. With the online classes being scheduled for many universities, the Immigration Officers would think critically before approving the application, can you give some pointers as to how we can try to provide enough stances to support our reasons for study permit?

Ahadch3357

Nov 3, 2019
Wazirabad, Pakistan
Category........
CEC
I am accepted into the post graduate program in Canada. For that, I want to apply for study permit under SDS program. All documents like GIC, tuition fees paid proof, police certificate, IELTS result card are ready to submit except upfront medical exam due to closure of health immigration centres, I can't get appointment for upfront medical exam. I want to inquire that, can i apply for SDS program online, without submitting upfront medical exam or not. Will my application will be rejected on not giving upfront medical exam or will be on hold until I provide upfront medical exam on services resumption. Kindly tell me what possibilities might be.
Your Application will not get rejected, your application will be consider as NON SDS

Reactions: Usman6843