+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

ahmed221

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hi first you have to open a mutual account with you and your parent, only then you can transfer funds. No additional documents needed, just go to your respective bank, they generally ask for your admission or offer letter. I used Meezan bank and they were very fast as they already know about GIC
Thanks for replying to my question. You mentioned that Mezan Bank is fast in this process, since i have my personal account in mezan bank can i use my own account to transfer funds to canada?

Aabroo123

Nov 20, 2019
Thanks for replying to my question. You mentioned that Mezan Bank is fast in this process, since i have my personal account in mezan bank can i use my own account to transfer funds to canada?
You will have to open another USD account and deposit money in there, and then you can transfer funds. But for legal and other income tax reasons, it's always a good idea to open an account with your parents so you can put us in your USD account and then transfer unless you can justify the source of income to the bank.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hey,
i have same question regarding GIC . Is it mandatory to transfer funds from personal (student's account) or it can be transferred from parent or relative's account ? if its possible to transfer from parents account what documents are required?
Only from your account or a mutual account with your parents.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
You will have to open another USD account and deposit money in there, and then you can transfer funds. But for legal and other income tax reasons, it's always a good idea to open an account with your parents so you can put us in your USD account and then transfer unless you can justify the source of income to the bank.
USD account is not required for GIC, can be sent from a PKR account.