+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Winter 2020 Intake: (SDS/Non SDS) Pakistani Students Only

ahm911

Aug 19, 2019
Hi, I am applying in Dalhousie University for January 2020 intake, admission deadline of which is 31st August. But I am hesitant as I am not sure if applying this much late would be appropriate since the university website states that international students should apply as early as possible. If anyone has already applied for Dalhousie University, then I'll be really grateful if they can share their journey or can walk us through the process & steps.

Usman.anwar18

Aug 20, 2019
Is there anyone who have applied for business / Accounting certification courses in ontario college. Can someone guide regarding educational assessment, do we need to take equivalency for admissions from ECA authorities.

Reactions: Zohaib_tarrar20

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hello every one I am creating this new thread for all the applicants who are working on applying study permit for Winter 2020. Please feel free to connect here and lets help each other.
Refused the first gonna apply again through SDS here is the letter of explanation i wrote need suggestions as to how can i improve it thanks
Letter of Explanation for 1st refusal

Hello, I would like to write a few words regarding the reasons I was refused the first time I applied for the permit

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I would like to state that I understand the responsibilities of a Canadian study permit holder and a student. My intentions are to complete my bachelor’s degree program, and then leave the country as per the requirements of the study permit. I might also go for higher education but I would never engage in anything that is against the conditions of my study permit. I also have a share in property here in Pakistan and my elder brother, who is also my sponsor and has paid the GIC amount, runs a stable pharmaceuticals family business which I can join and be a part of whenever I desire. My visit to Canada will solely be for acquiring higher education. I understand that I did not provide this much information which could have led to the refusal of my application. I hope that this explanation satisfies you.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

I can understand that the current employment opportunities in Pakistan are extremely competitive. This is one of the main reasons I did not complete my degree from here, since I had the financial backing of my elder brother I decided to transfer to Canadian University after only completing 4 semesters here. I realized having a Canadian degree would give me a huge advantage here in Pakistan and even at the worst case scenario I am still a part of the family business. I am a law abiding citizen of Pakistan and would continue to follow the requirements of my study permit and would never engage in any activities that are against the laws of Canada.

I hope that these answers satisfy you.

Regards,

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Hello Everyone,
Last Friday I was asked to submit my passport by IRCC and on this Tuesday I got an update on my online application that my visa has been approved and I also got the correspondence letter. But till now I am not asked to collect my passport.
I submitted my passport to VAC Lahore, Pakistan. Should I send a web form to IRCC?
Thanks

Reactions: Zohaib_tarrar20

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Hello Everyone,
Last Friday I was asked to submit my passport by IRCC and on this Tuesday I got an update on my online application that my visa has been approved and I also got the correspondence letter. But till now I am not asked to collect my passport.
I submitted my passport to VAC Lahore, Pakistan. Should I send a web form to IRCC?
Thanks
congratulations Faizan,

It takes somewhere in between 1 week to 3 weeks to get passport back with visa. Please share your profile and timeline. Also under which category you applied?

faizanshafiq

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
Hey Everyone,
Today I would like to share my timeline.
Applied on 12th of June paper-based for September intake from Lahore.
After waiting for 2 months straight, got medical request on 17th of August at last.
Medical on the 23rd of August and passed on the 31st of August.
Correspondence letter on 10 September.
Passport request on 12th of September.
Passport submitted on 13th of September and collected on 20th of September.

For finances, I only showed a bank statement of 2.7M as I am a fully-funded student at the University of Calgary for MS in computer science. Had to defer to winter intake as you can guess why :).

Thank you

Last edited:

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
Hey Everyone,
After waiting for 2 months straight, got medical request on 17th of August at last.

For finances, I only showed a bank statement of 2.7M as I am a fully-funded student at the University of Calgary for MS in computer science. Had to defer to winter intake as you can guess why :).

Thank you
Hey congratulations, What doc did you show as proof of returning back to pakistan after completing your studies??

Reactions: Sara_pk

Bilal112

Sep 15, 2019
Hi All,
I have submitted my passport last Friday (20/09/2019) and didn't get any response from Canadian high Commission or VFS..

Any idea how long does it take for the passport to be returned?

My online mycic portal still saying your application was approved, but no update after submission.
Is this true every person got TRV before collection call?

abbaswattoo

Oct 2, 2019
Hello everyone!

I need your valuable input here.

My wife is going to apply for M.Ed (Master degree) and we will be going through SDS.

I and my 3 years old son will be accompanying her.

My questions are here

Is it possible to get GIC for family? If only for student then do we have to show funds in account for myself and my son?

What would be chances of visa when we can show solid ties with home country?

Thank you in advance!

Sharoz Irfan

Aug 28, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Thank you
Hello Faizan,
Can you please brief detail of your case like what was your ielts score and how you proof your funds and source of income? it would be thankful if you share your experience that will be very helpful for us.

Reactions: Sara_pk

asadz165

Jun 24, 2018
Hello everyone,

I have received the acceptance letter from Manitoba Institute of Trade and Technology (MITT) for post grad diploma in International business.
I am in the process of applying for my visa and there are few queries that I would like to discuss with you guys.

1) 2 of my brothers are already living in Winnipeg as immigrants and I will be staying with them for the duration of my studies. So is this going to be an issue in getting a visa? they might doubt that I won't come back to Pakistan.

2) I am also applying for spouse visa for my wife.
a) How are the chances of getting spouse visa through SDS
b) And do I need to purchase GIC including spouse amount i.e. (10,000 CAD plus 4,000 CAD) or I can show bank statement for spouse requirements?

3) What is the most cost effective way to transfer money for GIC and tuition fee? through which banks have you guys processed the payments and how long did it take?

Reactions: demme343