+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

gaurav_mca

Oct 1, 2018
Hi @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker you guys are doing a great job. Thanks in advance people.

After going through the thread in detail, I realise I am not alone in this crappy situation of being "on-hold". However, the misery situation I find myself all alone is that my MBA is from Maharishi Dayanand University (MDU), Rohtak. So far of whatever the posts I've read no body seems to have been from there.
A) Any idea as to how do the people at MDU handle the VDR enquiry?
B) My transcript did not have any e-mail ID mentioned, how can I figure out where have the WES people sent the e-mail?
C) How long should I wait before I should go to the university and start looking out for the right set of people?
D) Considering the university fellows reply within a week, will the whole process start again and will take another 20 days? (or even more!?!)

Any input that you may give should be of great help.

Thanks

Mayank
Hi Mayank ,

I am in same boat , I did my M.SC in computer science and M.C.A
At the onset I wish to express my gratitude to @ans234, @Nishika22 and @Jaywalker simply for the commendable job you guys are doing, helping aspirants like us.
Now, to my specific case here, the timelines are as under:

1. WES application submitted: June 15th, 2018
2. Documents received: June 22nd 2018
3. Status changed to "in progress" : June 24th 2018
4. Status changed from "in progress" to "on hold": July 15th 2018 (that was pending for the verification of MBA degree from MDU)

**after many attempts at MDU and finally succeeding to getting through to the right person and having me send the e-mail**
5. Status changed from "On hold" to "In progress": July 24th" 2018 (lost one month in the whole process) :mad:

Now all the documents have been accepted (including the bachelors and masters) and the report is due on August 14th 2018.

I am eagerly waiting for the WES report to come out (sitting on a CRS of 478 here) so that I can complete my EE profile.
I don't want to miss out on the next draw, so is it advisable that I contact WES again through their 'Contact Us' link on their website?
Will my poking make them fed up and it might potentially screw up my case?

Awaiting your guidance.

P.S. I am very much thorough with the verification process at MDU, anybody who needs help, I'll be very happy to help.:)

Best,
Mayank
Hi Mayank
I am in same boat , Got same status for MCA degree from MDU "We are waiting for your institution(s) to verify your documents" Today . I am seeking your help , what we can do to speed up process and do I need to contact my bachelor degree university(CCS, Meerut) also. as they have same status for Bachelor degree tab too.

Regards,
Gaurav

tjax

Dec 18, 2013
Hi everyone,I am an inland applicant. I did my masters from Canada. My wife has an MBA from India. I have got my WES evaluated for my Indian Bachelors. However my wife's MBA evaluation is on hold. I have more than 500 points even if i dont consider my wife's education. Is it wise to apply without claiming points for education That is without waiting for here ECA to arrive? Thanks!!

rahulb06

Oct 4, 2018
Hi All

I'am stuck in the same situation. WES has sent a VDR request to GGSIPU University to verify my BCA documents. For the last 7 days there has been no update from my university.

Has anybody here got his VDR done through GGSIPU? Any assistance on the same would be very helpful.

Saqib Mustafa

Sep 25, 2018
Hello

After 3 weeks of sumbission, my bachelors and masters degree is accepted but by status says 'ON HOLD' becasue my secondary and higher secondary is not accepted and it says :

Reason:
The document was not received from the institution or the appropriate examining body that awarded the degree/diploma as required by WES.

Instructions: Please arrange for your academic documents to be sent directly to WES by the institution or examining body that awarded your degree/diploma

I am confused

sanju.iitm

Sep 14, 2018
Hi,

Anyone from Mysore University and ECA status on 'HOLD'?

My wife ECA is on HOLD from past 3 weeks. Any advise?

Oct 5, 2018
That's great news, at least two members on this thread have got ECA :)
My status also finally changed to In Progress yesterday after my institute had sent the verification email on 26th to the unique email ID, and now the ECA due date has been given as 18th July.
@samikdg - how will i get this unique email id. my institute has replied twice to WES on verifca8@wes.org. Still no change in my account. Please suggest what can i do in this case.

ngoyal01

Aug 28, 2018
My Status is ON HOLD past a few weeks as WES has asked my university for re-verification of documents. My university says that have not received any communication from WES. WES says they will only remind my university after 7 weeks. I am in such a soup. help less .. no idea what to do. WES is not even ready to share which email id they have sent the request to.

Oct 5, 2018
Today I got my WES completed. Thank you so much @Jaywalker and @Nishika22 for helping this throughout!

-Credential: Master of Business Administration
-Awarded By: University of Delhi
-Major/Specialization: Business Administration
-Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

I see that my 2 year full time MBA has been taken equivalent to 1 year PG Diploma. Could you share if this impacts the points in Express Entry Profile? Also, what impact does it have, in case I land up in Canada and float my resume. Will I have to show my 2 year MBA as 1 year diploma on my Resume?
@Mkface03 - I am also from DU and facing similar issue. Could you please answer below questions:
  • Did you finally pay $100 each to transcript dept & degree dept?
  • How did you pay them?
    • Transcript dept told me to pay through http://misconlinefee.du.ac.in/ ,but Degree dept told me to pay either through account transfer (NEFT/IMPS) or DD
  • Did they send separate emails to WES or one common email? Which dept has/have finally sent the email to WES?
  • On which email id does DU people have to respond to WES? (You may inbox me separately this detail, as I would like to cross verify the details I have with me)
@Jaywalker , @Nishika22 , @samikdg - Is it possible to get the verification done through MHRD? Do you think WES will accept a verification report which is obtained through MHRD, where in a candidate has to pay very less amount to them. And MHRD will actually ask DU (the concerned university) 1) to prepare this verification report and 2) to sent this report to MHRD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nishika22

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@samikdg - how will i get this unique email id. my institute has replied twice to WES on verifca8@wes.org. Still no change in my account. Please suggest what can i do in this case.
The reply email ID will typically be in the VDR email sent by WES itself. At least in my case, it was clearly mentioned as verifca8@wes.org
You can confirm with your institute regarding this. If they confirm it's the same, then call up WES call center, raise query through Contact Us form, write to them over Twitter DM...basically try to reach them through as many ways as possible!

Reactions: mittali.rustagi
Oct 5, 2018
The reply email ID will typically be in the VDR email sent by WES itself. At least in my case, it was clearly mentioned as verifca8@wes.org
You can confirm with your institute regarding this. If they confirm it's the same, then call up WES call center, raise query through Contact Us form, write to them over Twitter DM...basically try to reach them through as many ways as possible!
@samikdg - verifca8@wes.org has been confirmed from my institute itself. After reading couple of posts on this forum, My concern is whether this itself is the unique email id or mails may be bouncing back from this email id.

"If they confirm it's the same, then call up WES call center, raise query through Contact Us form, write to them over Twitter DM...basically try to reach them through as many ways as possible" - What exactly I have to raise my concern with WES? Please help me understand the same.

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@samikdg - verifca8@wes.org has been confirmed from my institute itself. After reading couple of posts on this forum, My concern is whether this itself is the unique email id or mails may be bouncing back from this email id.

"If they confirm it's the same, then call up WES call center, raise query through Contact Us form, write to them over Twitter DM...basically try to reach them through as many ways as possible" - What exactly I have to raise my concern with WES? Please help me understand the same.
If it is confirmed by you institute from VDR email, then there's no other option, it has to be sent to this email ID only. Your concern is that your institute has replied to WES twice, but there's no acknowledgement or update from WES on your ECA process status, right? Raise this through all channels.

Oct 5, 2018
If it is confirmed by you institute from VDR email, then there's no other option, it has to be sent to this email ID only. Your concern is that your institute has replied to WES twice, but there's no acknowledgement or update from WES on your ECA process status, right? Raise this through all channels.
@samikdg - I have been calling WES on daily basis and asking them to confirm whether they have received any communication from my University or not. But again and again WES people are saying that its strictly confidential between WES & University, hence they can't share this information with me :(

Can I use verifca8@wes.org as reference in my email to WES through Contact US section?

Last edited:

samikdg

Apr 27, 2018
@samikdg - I have been calling WES on daily basis and asking them to confirm whether they have received any communication from my University or not. But again and again WES people are saying that its strictly confidential between WES & University, hence they can't share this information with me :(

Can I use verifca8@wes.org as reference in my email to WES through Contact US section?
No, strictly do not quote this email ID as it may jeopardize the whole process. As candidate, you're not supposed to know about this email ID.

But it is very strange that WES is not confirming whether they received the verification from your university. Write to them via direct message on Twitter saying that your university has already sent verification email, why is the status not changed yet.

Oct 5, 2018
No, strictly do not quote this email ID as it may jeopardize the whole process. As candidate, you're not supposed to know about this email ID.

But it is very strange that WES is not confirming whether they received the verification from your university. Write to them via direct message on Twitter saying that your university has already sent verification email, why is the status not changed yet.
DM via Twitter sent. Email sent through Contact Us section. Hoping for some positive response asap.

Reactions: samikdg