+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hello all,
I saw lot of new members here posting their concerns and asking for any advise. I am also sailing in same boat. Initially I was also clueless as to how to approach this baffling situation. But due to timely and prompt responses from star member Nishika22 here I was able to proceed(I can't thank her much!). I wanted to share my own exp. Pls note that I haven't succeeded yet but I am in middle of the stuff! Here are some points that may help the new members here:
1) The institute or university receives the VDR email on the same day as u got that dreaded email (informing u abt ur case on hold) from WES.
2) WES generally sends the VDR email to ur university registrar or controller of exams(COE). They in-turn forward that email to respective results section/branches in the university.
3) You may wait for few days before visiting the university. First step is to get hold of ur VDR email. If possible try checking with PAs of registrar/COE OR u may directly talk to the guy sitting on a PC in results branch. Tell them the date from which onwards they need to check their inbox for any email from WES having VDR in subject line.
4) Your VDR email subject line contains a 10digit unique reference number. This number is made up of ur 7 digit personal wes ref number. WES appends or suffixes 3 extra digits to it.
5) The VDR email includes specific email id on which reply is to be sent. DONT just reply straightway as that will reach auto sender and ur reply will bounce back. Every individual will get a unique email id assigned that may or may not match other's email. DONT USE email ids shared on this thread otherwise u will end up in further trouble! Also when ur university agrees to reply to wesVDR email they must ensure to include the 10 digit reference number in their response.
6) When u finally see ur email residing at ur university people's inbox, u need to request them to reply to that email. This is very tough aspect as they may tell u that they are waiting for postal copy. They may also ask you to deposit a fee once they receive the hard copies from wes. And worst part is..they will not inform u when they got the email or postal order. U have to keep on contacting them after a gap of say..a week or so. In case u find a nice helpful guy who agrees to share his cell number(so that u can call him directly) then u r extremely lucky!. The staff at government universities are the worst lot as they don't easily accept ur deamnd of email reply. Private university people r much much better.
7) If u try WES helpline number, that's also not much help bec they won't tell u the email on which the VDR request was sent NOR they will share the 10 digit reference number. However now u know how the number looks like..rite?;)
8) Stay positive and don't loose hope. At first this appears like an impossible task in hand. Patience is the key here.

I will post again once I have fresh update..all the best...

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Just to add on my previous email...if u r unable to get hold of the VDR email in the university/institute and the university also confirms they haven't received any email, try asking the email id that they normally use. Then go to contact us page on wes.org and input all details and request the WES to resend the email to the email id that u provide. U will need to also include a university link that shows that email (as a proof that the email which u r providing is genuine). I did not use the contact us option. However,I have seen boarders here using this option so just thought of re-visiting this aspect..

prachi16

Oct 31, 2017
Hello team,

We are applying for my fiance's pr.. he has submitted his documents to WES but now the status shows verification pending.. has anyone ever had this as their wes status?? His bachelor and master both are from pune university.

Any pune univeristy alumni who faced this issue?? How long does it take for the verification to.be done!

Whom should we approach in the PU to expedite the process.. PU generally does not entertain such things as far as i know..
Thank you so much!!

Oct 5, 2018
DM via Twitter sent. Email sent through Contact Us section. Hoping for some positive response asap.
@samikdg
Reply from WES - Twitter - "Hi, we have not received this response".
I am guessing what they could mean is they haven't received any verification response from my University.

But surprisingly, Status changed from 'On Hold' to 'In progress'. I am wondering if they haven't received anything then why there is a change in status.

tintin2018

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
Hi,

My wife's Bangalore University MBA degree verification is in the same state. On Sep 16th, it was put ON HOLD but university is claiming they haven't received any post and they dont bother with checking email!

Does anyone know,

1. Will WES reference number be printed on the post that WES dispatches? [It'll be easier to ask University people to look basis that]
2. What is the format in which university is expected to respond to WES? Anyone managed to get some idea on that?
3. If we call the customer support, will they atleast inform if the post is in transit or has it reached university?

This is one of the most ridiculous process I have come across in my life. We are missing ITA for past couple of draws just because of this!

Last edited:

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
@samikdg
Reply from WES - Twitter - "Hi, we have not received this response".
I am guessing what they could mean is they haven't received any verification response from my University.

But surprisingly, Status changed from 'On Hold' to 'In progress'. I am wondering if they haven't received anything then why there is a change in status.
If the status has changed from On hold to In progress then it’s good news. It takes around 2 working days for them to update once institute has send the verification. And don’t bother much about twitter response. I have had many calls/tweets interaction with them and my sense is that they have no clue on what is going on. Remember WES in a non profit organization and giving amazing customer service is the last thing in their agenda.

Reactions: mittali.rustagi

Nishika22

Feb 23, 2018
Mauritius
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2018
@Mkface03 - I am also from DU and facing similar issue. Could you please answer below questions:
  • Did you finally pay $100 each to transcript dept & degree dept?
  • How did you pay them?
    • Transcript dept told me to pay through http://misconlinefee.du.ac.in/ ,but Degree dept told me to pay either through account transfer (NEFT/IMPS) or DD
  • Did they send separate emails to WES or one common email? Which dept has/have finally sent the email to WES?
  • On which email id does DU people have to respond to WES? (You may inbox me separately this detail, as I would like to cross verify the details I have with me)
@Jaywalker , @Nishika22 , @samikdg - Is it possible to get the verification done through MHRD? Do you think WES will accept a verification report which is obtained through MHRD, where in a candidate has to pay very less amount to them. And MHRD will actually ask DU (the concerned university) 1) to prepare this verification report and 2) to sent this report to MHRD.
Hey @mittali.rustagi , please check your private conversation :) Hope you get out of this reverification rut soon...

Reactions: mittali.rustagi

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi,

My wife's Bangalore University MBA degree verification is in the same state. On Sep 16th, it was put ON HOLD but university is claiming they haven't received any post and they dont bother with checking email!

Does anyone know,

1. Will WES reference number be printed on the post that WES dispatches? [It'll be easier to ask University people to look basis that]
2. What is the format in which university is expected to respond to WES? Anyone managed to get some idea on that?

This is one of the most ridiculous process I have come across in my life. We are missing ITA for past couple of draws just because of this!
1) Yes reference number will be printed on the post and it will also be the in the subject of the email. Remember that this reference number is different from what you have.

2) university needs to reply with a simple one liner that they certify the documents attached have been issued by us and they certify the authenticity of the same. Also type the reference number in the body of the email.

Try the email verification as it is faster. Postal verification will delay the process further. You can even ask WES to resend the email to the right email id of your institution .

Agreed it’s the most ridiculous process I have seen till now from any institution. But many like us have navigated through this. Just go through this thread and you will find about others experiences.

Reactions: tintin2018

tintin2018

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
1) Yes reference number will be printed on the post and it will also be the in the subject of the email. Remember that this reference number is different from what you have.

2) university needs to reply with a simple one liner that they certify the documents attached have been issued by us and they certify the authenticity of the same. Also type the reference number in the body of the email.

Try the email verification as it is faster. Postal verification will delay the process further. You can even ask WES to resend the email to the right email id of your institution .

Agreed it’s the most ridiculous process I have seen till now from any institution. But many like us have navigated through this. Just go through this thread and you will find about others experiences.
Thanks @Jaywalker. Appreciate the response. Any idea on

3. If we call the WES customer support, will they at-least inform if the post is in transit or has it reached university?

Unfortunately folks at Bangalore University are no less than goons and they care a damn about this process. They are reluctant to share any clarity on emails

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Thanks @Jaywalker. Appreciate the response. Any idea on

3. If we call the WES customer support, will they at-least inform if the post is in transit or has it reached university?

Unfortunately folks at Bangalore University are no less than goons and they care a damn about this process. They are reluctant to share any clarity on emails
If you call them the standard response would be that they have send the post and they cannot share anything as this is the private communication between Institute and WES. They send the letter by normal post and it takes its own time. And you would not even know to whom they have addressed that letter in your university. May be search this thread and see if anyone from your university has gone through this process. If not you need to figure out this thing at your university first - WES wont cooperate much.

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
My husband just got a reply from IMT, that they had received WES email and have send the verification report to them, will wait for 1-2 days and see if the status gets updated on WES account... Do keep us posted on your status
Hi,

I am in the same position. WES has put my status on hold and sent a verification email and standard courier to my Insititue. My institue has responded over the email, should they respond via courier too ? or email response is enough ?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

kartheek89

May 21, 2017
Hyderabad
NOC Code......
Thats the major challenge that all of us are facing. Check with your college from where you got the transcripts if they have got any request. If not then ask your college on which email id WES can send the request. Once you have that go to contact us page on WES and send a request of sending the verification to college on the email id that you recently got. Then just hope that WES resend the request to the correct email id.
Hi Jay,

I have recently applied for an ECA upgrade for my PG Diploma. My earlier assessment was done an year back (B.Tech Recognized, MBA non recognized).

Yesterday, I have received a mail that WES put my status on hold as they need verification from the institute where I did MBA (this was already evaluated and I am really unaware why they are verifying this as they have already put the institution under non recognized).

They also mentioned that they have sent verification details over mail and courier to my institute. My institute responded over email, should they respond over the courier too ?

Please help.
Thank you.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
Hi Jay,

I have recently applied for an ECA upgrade for my PG Diploma. My earlier assessment was done an year back (B.Tech Recognized, MBA non recognized).

Yesterday, I have received a mail that WES put my status on hold as they need verification from the institute where I did MBA (this was already evaluated and I am really unaware why they are verifying this as they have already put the institution under non recognized).

They also mentioned that they have sent verification details over mail and courier to my institute. My institute responded over email, should they respond over the courier too ?

Please help.
Thank you.
Either of email, post or fax is fine. If they got the correct wordings with the ref number from your institute your status should change in 2 days post receipt of email.

tintin2018

Star Member
Oct 6, 2018
For the benefit of others posting this:

The 10 digit Reference number that few of the folks here are referring to could be the 10 digit (7 digit WES ref +3 random characters) number on the VDR email that WES sends to candidates when their application is put ON HOLD. I noticed this number in the VDR email header section. This is just my guess though! If I get to verify this, I'll post a confirmation.

Reactions: kartheek89