+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hi Vikas_Har, finally, today my status changed to " In progress, we are reviewing your evaluation report".Hope ECA will be completed soon.
Hi Deep. You are almost there. Congrats!! Soon u will see that final review of ur order is done and once u get email ..u just login and download the PDF. Cheers.

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
I am in the same boat. My status got changes as on hold for verification. Mu institute is UPTU/AKTU. Could anyone tell me how can I connect with my university to know if they got any mail from WES. I have tried calling them several times but no one is picking up the call.
Kindly help.
Hi Niti,
I don't think relying on telephone is a good idea at such a critical juncture. Even if somebody received a call..u still stand a high chance of getting vague replies from random clerks. See..when it's hard to convince them to email in face to face talks..how do u think a tele call going to work?! I'd strongly suggest..pack ur bags and include original documents..and visit ur university! All d best.

niti21

Oct 15, 2018
Hi Niti,
I don't think relying on telephone is a good idea at such a critical juncture. Even if somebody received a call..u still stand a high chance of getting vague replies from random clerks. See..when it's hard to convince them to email in face to face talks..how do u think a tele call going to work?! I'd strongly suggest..pack ur bags and include original documents..and visit ur university! All d best.
The issue is I am outside India and I am feeling helpless now :(

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
The issue is I am outside India and I am feeling helpless now :(
Hello,
If it's not possible for you to come back home..assign the task of visiting university to someone on ur family or a good friend who sincerely takes this forward on ur behalf. Ur personal presence is not needed as such. Whosoever visits the Univ must carry ur passport size pic, Authorization letter(may be needed) , fees amount and original and photocopies of ur marksheet and degree... And it will all sorted out. Don't worry. Cheers.

devanshbaghel

Oct 17, 2018
Today I got my WES completed. Thank you so much @Jaywalker and @Nishika22 for helping this throughout!

-Credential: Master of Business Administration
-Awarded By: University of Delhi
-Major/Specialization: Business Administration
-Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate diploma (one year)

I see that my 2 year full time MBA has been taken equivalent to 1 year PG Diploma. Could you share if this impacts the points in Express Entry Profile? Also, what impact does it have, in case I land up in Canada and float my resume. Will I have to show my 2 year MBA as 1 year diploma on my Resume?

Hi Mkface03,

Today WES has sent mail to DU for verification of both my degrees for BA and MA. However, they have not requested verification of the transcripts as they were sent in sealed envelope whereas the degree certificate was posted by me directly.
Can you shed some light on as to how to proceed and what needs to be done. I am not in delhi and following up in person is going to be slightly difficult. If you can share some contact details and step by step process to get the verification done then it will be very helpful.

Regards,
Devansh

MJMonica

Oct 17, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23- 01- 2020
Hi Mkface03,

Today WES has sent mail to DU for verification of both my degrees for BA and MA. However, they have not requested verification of the transcripts as they were sent in sealed envelope whereas the degree certificate was posted by me directly.
Can you shed some light on as to how to proceed and what needs to be done. I am not in delhi and following up in person is going to be slightly difficult. If you can share some contact details and step by step process to get the verification done then it will be very helpful.

Regards,
Devansh
Hi . It happened to me as well. My bachelor’s docs were accepted but they needed secondary verification for my master’s degree docs. Easiest thing you can do is to reach out to your university to expedite the process. WES doesn’t reveal the email id to which they’ve sent the verification request. But usually, it is sent to the office of the controller of examinations and the reply should be delivered to Wes from the same email. It would take around a month or more if it is by post. My advice is to connect with university and convince them to send an email back to WES which is convenient, easy and fast. It worked for me anyway

deep2410

Sep 27, 2018
I'll update further as soon as my status change. If it works for me, may be u can follow the same approach.
Hi Jaganlon, My status got changed to inprogress and WES accepted the confirmation from Annamalai University. You can followup with them as I said earlier. All the best.

qaziarslantariq

Sep 12, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
IELTS Request
14-02-2019
Finally, i received reply from WES. They have accepted all my documents and asked me to wait till November 5 for ECA document. However, they didn't accept my wife's transcript and asking for a new one as the current one isn't visible to them. Our degree was same, same university and same year. Even the copies were same. Don't know why they did this!

Thiru S

Oct 17, 2018
It was put on hold on 17th Sep. I waited for few days and contacted the university. But they hadn’t received any mail from WES then. Last Monday I again checked with the university and they said they had replied to WES already. WES didn’t change the status till last eve and I sent them a mail stating that the university had already replied. Within hours, the status changed.

Mine is Anna University, Tamilnadu, India
How did you contact them? Did you visit directly or you called them?

Thiru S

Oct 17, 2018
Hi...anyone from Anna University??!! I had called the transcript section and they asked me to get in touch with the COE office...the person who is attending the call is also not responding..anyone please help if possible. Not sure of which E-mail ID they had forwarded.
I am in the same situation now, could you please let me know what happened to your case and how you resolved it?

MJMonica

Oct 17, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23- 01- 2020
I am in the same situation now, could you please let me know what happened to your case and how you resolved it?
They usually forward it to COE and the reply should be delivered to them from the same address. Reach out to your university and make sure they replied from the same email.

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Just called WES asking my email to university
Mentioned many r waiting for response from Annamalai University since September don’t know whether they r using correct email

WES told people whose assessment from Annamalai University taking long time leave a complaint through their website contact us.
Hi, I got a response from university saying they sent the confirmation email to WES on 8th October. When I contacted WES thru Twitter this is the response I received from them "Hi, your status will change in your account when we receive new documents for your evaluation." I don't understand what document they are expecting. I don't understand how to proceed and whom to contact now
Hi @deep2410, When was your application put on hold?
how long it took for the university to confirm that they received the mail? and have they replied to WES for your case?
Are you aware of the format of the reply mail that they sent? From previous posts, I understood that the 'reply-to' mail id should be specific to every case and not a 'no-reply' one and that the content should include the 10-digit reference number to be mentioned along with the confirmation on the verification.

Last edited:

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Just called WES asking my email to university
Mentioned many r waiting for response from Annamalai University since September don’t know whether they r using correct email

WES told people whose assessment from Annamalai University taking long time leave a complaint through their website contact us.
@Jaganlon, I too am in the same situation from yesterday, I doubt that WES is using COE's mail id from the website. This mailbox is full and mails are actually not getting delivered. :(
What to do if this is the case?

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
Actually in India , not all the concerned department in charge frequently check their emails. I think this might be the reason for delay. We too have no control as to which email id WES asking University to reply . We simply go and ask the WES and they give the routine reply. We also go and ask the University people from where we get our WES documents and most of the times, they too have no idea about the email received from WES.

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Hi, I got a response from university saying they sent the confirmation email to WES on 8th October. When I contacted WES thru Twitter this is the response I received from them "Hi, your status will change in your account when we receive new documents for your evaluation." I don't understand what document they are expecting. I don't understand how to proceed and whom to contact now
A general doubt.. if WES put our verification on hold and requests College/University to verify, does that mean that WES recognizes that particular university/college ?

Asking this question because, last year WES marked my masters as MBA from a Non Recognized University but now, when I applied for ECA upgrade, they put the status on hold and mentioned that it is because they are waiting for verification from the college where I pursued MBA.
@kartheek89, I believe that it is recognised, I tried the free assessment tool to do evaluation several times for my case and I can find Annamalai University in the list from a long time. I have seen some posts where people have got their ECA done from AU in the past. any updates on your case?