+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

WED

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
@Jaganlon, I too am in the same situation from yesterday, I doubt that WES is using COE's mail id from the website. This mailbox is full and mails are actually not getting delivered. :(
What to do if this is the case?
Allow University guys to take two to four weeks to respond. There are lot of chances they might have seen your email too. You cannot expect the University send next day. Give atleast a minimum span of 2 to 3 weeks.

deep2410

Sep 27, 2018
Hi @deep2410, When was your application put on hold?
how long it took for the university to confirm that they received the mail? and have they replied to WES for your case?
Hi, My application kept on hold from September 12th and on October 16th WES changed the status to In Progress. The Process university staff explained me is, email section will receive the mail from WES, they take the printout and give it to the respective department staff. They need to verify the credibility of the document and confirm the email section to reply. For me it took almost a month to get a confirmation that they replied. Keep calling AU 04144238282. You will hear IVR response then dial 9 (a front desk member will pick) explain him the situation and he will transfer to the respective staff. I used to call them daily and check.There are some people who actually understand our situation and guide us. If any one studied MBA then after dialing 04144238282 you will hear IVR dial ext 253 or 510. You can also dial ext 578 (email section) and check for the status. Keep your registration number ready before dialing AU.They will ask to check the status. I found very difficult to get the connection (IVR).Keep trying. Thanks

Last edited:

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Hi, I got a response from university saying they sent the confirmation email to WES on 8th October. When I contacted WES thru Twitter this is the response I received from them "Hi, your status will change in your account when we receive new documents for your evaluation." I don't understand what document they are expecting. I don't understand how to proceed and whom to contact now
Hi @deep2410,
Hi, My application kept on hold from September 12th and on October 16th WES changed the status to In Progress. The Process university staff explained me is, email section will receive the mail from WES, they take the printout and give it to the respective department staff. They need to verify the credibility of the document and confirm the email section to reply. For me it took almost a month to get a confirmation that they replied. Keep calling AU 04144238282. You will hear IVR response then dial 9 (a front desk member will pick) explain him the situation and he will transfer to the respective staff. I used to call them daily and check.There are some people who actually understand our situation and guide us. If any one studied MBA then after dialing 04144238282 you will hear IVR dial ext 253 or 510. You can also dial ext 578 (email section) and check for the status. Keep your registration number ready before dialing AU.They will ask to check the status. I found very difficult to get the connection (IVR).Keep trying. Thanks
Thank you @deep2410, that was helpful. And congrats for the status change at last.Keep us informed on further progress for us to have get some clarity. By any chance, do you know the mail id to which they received mail from WES? I hope this info will be useful for everyone who is trying to get in touch with AU for the same(@kartheek89,@Jaganlon),. I studied PGDBA. I'll try calling them as you said. Will visiting the University make this process any faster while trying to catch hold of the concerned department staff?

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Allow University guys to take two to four weeks to respond. There are lot of chances they might have seen your email too. You cannot expect the University send next day. Give atleast a minimum span of 2 to 3 weeks.
ya but i would like to get the confirmation from them that they have received email for my case. if they received, then there would be no problem to wait for them to act on it. :(
I'm just worried as few says that they have been told by university that they haven't received any mail for their cases.

MJMonica

Oct 17, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23- 01- 2020
ya but i would like to get the confirmation from them that they have received email for my case. if they received, then there would be no problem to wait for them to act on it. :(
I'm just worried as few says that they have been told by university that they haven't received any mail for their cases.
Hi!
I went to the university a couple of times when I faced the same situation! They usually send the request to COE and from there, it will be forwarded to your concerned department for example if you’re an MBA graduate it must be verified from the department and then the file goes back to COE. WES will not accept the verification if the email isn’t delivered to them from the same address (COE) the request was sent to! Also your ref # should be mentioned in the subject line. In my case, it took WES 3 days to update my status even after receiving the verification from the university.
The best way is to visit the university and make sure that they’ve received the verification request and make them reply to the same in the desired format.

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Hi!
I went to the university a couple of times when I faced the same situation! They usually send the request to COE and from there, it will be forwarded to your concerned department for example if you’re an MBA graduate it must be verified from the department and then the file goes back to COE. WES will not accept the verification if the email isn’t delivered to them from the same address (COE) the request was sent to! Also your ref # should be mentioned in the subject line. In my case, it took WES 3 days to update my status even after receiving the verification from the university.
The best way is to visit the university and make sure that they’ve received the verification request and make them reply to the same in the desired format.
thank much @MJMonica. Then I would plan to visit the university. My status went on hold yesterday so will it too early if I go in next 2-3 days?After how many days of this 'on hold' status change, you visited univ? I'm based in BLR and am working so I won't be able travel often. did you get ECA done or is in progress?
Also, another concern is that, today I tried sending mail COE mail id(auexamdde.W@gmail.com) provided in Annamalai Univ website but the mail wasn't sent as the recipient inbox was full. So, I am afraid if they received mail for my case.

Last edited:
Reactions: dr vishal

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Hi,

I am in the same position. WES has put my status on hold and sent a verification email and standard courier to my Insititue. My institue has responded over the email, should they respond via courier too ? or email response is enough ?

Please help. Thanks in advance.
Hi @kartheek89, did your status change? which was your university?

MJMonica

Oct 17, 2018
India
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
23- 01- 2020
thank much @MJMonica. Then I would plan to visit the university. My status went on hold yesterday so will it too early if I go in next 2-3 days?After how many days of this 'on hold' status change, you visited univ? I'm based in BLR and am working so I won't be able travel often. did you get ECA done or is in progress?
Also, another concern is that, today I tried sending mail COE mail id(auexamdde.W@gmail.com) provided in Annamalai Univ website but the mail wasn't sent as the recipient inbox was full. So, I am afraid if they received mail for my case.
Check your dm

deep2410

Sep 27, 2018
Hi @deep2410,

Thank you @deep2410, that was helpful. And congrats for the status change at last.Keep us informed on further progress for us to have get some clarity. By any chance, do you know the mail id to which they received mail from WES? I hope this info will be useful for everyone who is trying to get in touch with AU for the same(@kartheek89,@Jaganlon),. I studied PGDBA. I'll try calling them as you said. Will visiting the University make this process any faster while trying to catch hold of the concerned department staff?
Hi Jeevitha, AU staff suggested to send email to this address "aucoecell2016@gmail.com" looks like this is the email address they are monitoring and replying. So, i raised a ticket with WES to send the re-verification email to this address. But i'm not sure whether sent or not. There is one more email address which they are not monitoring itseems (auexamdde.W@gmail.com). Even i too thought of visiting the University, but I'm able to complete it by Phone itself.

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Jeevitha, AU staff suggested to send email to this address "aucoecell2016@gmail.com" looks like this is the email address they are monitoring and replying. So, i raised a ticket with WES to send the re-verification email to this address. But i'm not sure whether sent or not. There is one more email address which they are not monitoring itseems (auexamdde.W@gmail.com). Even i too thought of visiting the University, but I'm able to complete it by Phone itself.
Yes, I tried emailing this id (auexamdde.W@gmail.com) and it dint work. so, in you case you raised a ticket with them and you dint get any reply but the university received the mail to this id "aucoecell2016@gmail.com"? I doubt that WES takes request for using a new mail id suggested by us.. Do you think it was because of your ticket or was it sent to the later id by WES in the very first attempt itself and the university did not check the same?

deep2410

Sep 27, 2018
Yes, I tried emailing this id (auexamdde.W@gmail.com) and it dint work. so, in you case you raised a ticket with them and you dint get any reply but the university received the mail to this id "aucoecell2016@gmail.com"? I doubt that WES takes request for using a new mail id suggested by us.. Do you think it was because of your ticket or was it sent to the later id by WES in the very first attempt itself and the university did not check the same?
Hi Jeevitha, May be it worked. But i don't know. Both WES and even University didn't disclose to which mail id they received. You too can raise ticket with WES. As you said, from yesterday only your status is kept on Hold. May be you can wait and keep following by phone. I used to call them @ 11AM daily and after 2.30 PM ( 1 to 2 is lunch time). I too sailed in the same boat. When they keep saying they didn't received any mail from WES. I got the answer one day suddenly that they replied with my registration number. WES took 1 week to update my status.

Jeevitha03

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Jeevitha, May be it worked. But i don't know. Both WES and even University didn't disclose to which mail id they received. You too can raise ticket with WES. As you said, from yesterday only your status is kept on Hold. May be you can wait and keep following by phone. I used to call them @ 11AM daily and after 2.30 PM ( 1 to 2 is lunch time). I too sailed in the same boat. When they keep saying they didn't received any mail from WES. I got the answer one day suddenly that they replied with my registration number. WES took 1 week to update my status.
thank you for the info @deep2410, I thought of travelling to univ this week but unfortunately this is a festive week so they are not working.it won't be worth visiting. so, i'll try to follow up with them via call. hope i can get some info soon.
so, they sent reply on their own and it worked right? so, i guess they are aware of the format to be replied.

deep2410

Sep 27, 2018
thank you for the info @deep2410, I thought of travelling to univ this week but unfortunately this is a festive week so they are not working.it won't be worth visiting. so, i'll try to follow up with them via call. hope i can get some info soon.
so, they sent reply on their own and it worked right? so, i guess they are aware of the format to be replied.
yes, you are correct. They are taking their own time. Mean time you keep calling them.