+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA status on Hold

deep2410

Sep 27, 2018
H

Hi, yes, University confirmed they emailed the confirmation on October 8th. WES status is still same "on hold". I'm waiting for it to change. Whether university guys emailed correctly I'm unsure.As far as I understand from University staff is once they get a email about re-verfication, it will be forwarded to respective department for verfication. Once the verfication is done again it will be sent back to email section to reply. This is what the process they explained me. If you department is MBA then try ext. 253 or 510 and explain them.
I'll update further as soon as my status change. If it works for me, may be u can follow the same approach.

deep2410

Sep 27, 2018
Hello All,

Just sharing a positive update that my ECA got completed. Before I state the overall timeline, I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU once again to Nishika22 for her constant support. Without her guidance I would not have sailed thru the tricky process of "On-Hold". Thanks to other boarders also who have been writing their experiences that have been really helpful to others who r sailing in the unwanted "no hold" boat..

My ECA Profile changed from "In Progress" to "On- Hold" in last week of Sept. I visited university to confirm whether an email actually reached there and to confirm overall process ( to get an idea if university expects some fees also from me). Faced initial hurdles like no help from univ clerical staff, their insistence on postal copies, asking me to come again! etc. I have already shared these in my earlier message(s).
I persisted and chased them and finally got to confirm that they have received an email. University has couple of email ids and u never know who received the email. Looks like its the Registrar or Controller of exams and may even be the Vice chancellor! This is basically a vdr email.
Next step was to request them to take necessary action(email reply) as soon as possible without any further delay. Even though they thought WES is asking another copy of same documents and were waiting for postal document to arrive. I suggest everyone to be as patient as possible when dealing with your university staff. NOTE:They wont share the email with you and the process is strictly between wes and them. When they finally agreed to write email, my only job was to make them undrstand that the reply should go to the emailid that would be there in the vdr email and that they must include the reference number (again,they will not share this with you). Perhaps the university staff is frustrated with their daily job that they fail to understand how important their reply to WES is!
My profile status changed back to in progress and it was just a matter of time before I saw "No pending action". I wish all the success to all of the members here and wish that those who are still not there yet finally see the evaluatin PDF in the WES login soon.
You work will be done..u just need to be ready to face the univ staff attitudes and mood swings..

Cheers..Have patience and stay calm...
How long WES took to change your status after your university emailed them?

SK93

Apr 20, 2018
Hi @SK93, for my husband’s IMT process, WES had sent their reverification request to the DGM Administration (Anoop Sareen) at asareen@imt.edu. However, we requested them to send it to Aparna Dey (The Examinations Controller) at adey@imt.edu. Unfortunately, our request never did get attended to by WES, but we did see a change in our account progress as the DGM Admin proactively sent the mail internally to the Exams Controller to attend to :) I’d suggest you check with both of them to see who’s received your request...
Thank you Nishika

omkar.nagpal

Oct 10, 2018
Hello all, Wes put my Eca status on hold on 3rd Oct and sent my bachelor degree for verification to Mumbai university and masters to IGNOU.
While Mumbai university confirmed they received e mail, they charged me 1275 rs for verification on 8th Oct and in return said it will take 15 days to reply to the email .
On the other hand, IGNOU said they don't reply on e mails and will wait for hard copy to arrive.
My questions are
1. Anyone who got the verification done from Mumbai university -
a. how long did it take for them to reply to the email?
b. Did it require y'all to visit the university multiple times?

2. Anyone who got the verification from IGNOU
a. How long does it take for the hard-copy to arrive at IGNOU from WES?
b. Anybody convinced IGNOU to reply via email?

Please help.

omkar.nagpal

Oct 10, 2018
Can anyone of you please let me know that on which email id they will send the email for University of Mumbai to verify the MCom documents ( MU has only issued those documents)

I am done marking all the emai ids of university of mumbai ( vice chancellor, director, registrar, students welfare) and none of them have received the email.

Mumbai university vidhyapeeth Bhavan in churchagte is the one who attests the documents and they should verify the documents as mentioned by registrars office.

PS : the email id is for students welfare department deptstudentswelfare@gmail.com

Will WES accept email from them ?
Hi @DSAdsa , not sure if this is sorted for you or no but vidyarthi vidapeth Bhavan only attests the docs. The verification is done by Kalina University. You need to go to
Marks and certificate unit, 1st floor room no 24
jyotiba rao phule bhavan (examination house)
University of Mumbai, Kalina

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
How long WES took to change your status after your university emailed them?
Hi Deep2410,
I observed that the status on WES login changed immediately AFTER the email from univ..say in a timeframe of around 24 hours.
You will notice that the application will start showing "In Progress..we received ur documents..." u keep on checking.. u will notice it slightly changes the status in terms of text ..e,g, u may notice " In progress...we are reviewing your evaluation report"
Finally (and this is positive news!).. you will see this-> "In progress- your order is under final review and your evaluation report will be sent to your recipients" and that "you have no pending steps".
Cheers!!

Vikas_Har

Sep 26, 2018
Hello all, Wes put my Eca status on hold on 3rd Oct and sent my bachelor degree for verification to Mumbai university and masters to IGNOU.
While Mumbai university confirmed they received e mail, they charged me 1275 rs for verification on 8th Oct and in return said it will take 15 days to reply to the email .
On the other hand, IGNOU said they don't reply on e mails and will wait for hard copy to arrive.
My questions are
1. Anyone who got the verification done from Mumbai university -
a. how long did it take for them to reply to the email?
b. Did it require y'all to visit the university multiple times?

2. Anyone who got the verification from IGNOU
a. How long does it take for the hard-copy to arrive at IGNOU from WES?
b. Anybody convinced IGNOU to reply via email?

Please help.
Hello,

Even though I didn't study at IGNOU or Mumbai univ, I'd suggest you personally visit the university and convince them that the VDR email includes the attachments also and the same stuff they will receive via Postal order. I know its very hard to change their fixed mental setup of relying on hard copies. They simply won't understand that email reply works equally well! Hard copies may reach in 10-15 days but even then you cant be sure if they reached the right hands fine OR got lost in transit.
If u are daring personality, I'd suggest visiting controller of exams/registrar and telling them ur struggle (of convincing the university staff to NOT wait for hard copies and just email straightway). Outcome of such meeting will depend on nature of the person sitting on the chair.Such things may require visiting university multiple times. Pls don't expect that single visit will bring all desired results. Atleast in my case I had to visit univ multiple times. keeping cool and having lots of patience is the key.
All the best.

Reactions: Nishika22

Abhiancha

Oct 15, 2018
My wife's case had an issue: they rejected the statement of marks as not legible and her status is changed to On Hold. She studied from JNTU Anantapur
Now we have to send the transcript again. Any inputs on how this legible issues can be resolved, coz i believe the university is going to give a very similar document again.

deep2410

Sep 27, 2018
Hi Deep2410,
I observed that the status on WES login changed immediately AFTER the email from univ..say in a timeframe of around 24 hours.
You will notice that the application will start showing "In Progress..we received ur documents..." u keep on checking.. u will notice it slightly changes the status in terms of text ..e,g, u may notice " In progress...we are reviewing your evaluation report"
Finally (and this is positive news!).. you will see this-> "In progress- your order is under final review and your evaluation report will be sent to your recipients" and that "you have no pending steps".
Cheers!!
Hi Vikas_Har, finally, today my status changed to " In progress, we are reviewing your evaluation report".Hope ECA will be completed soon.

niti21

Oct 15, 2018
I am in the same boat. My status got changes as on hold for verification. Mu institute is UPTU/AKTU. Could anyone tell me how can I connect with my university to know if they got any mail from WES. I have tried calling them several times but no one is picking up the call.
Kindly help.