VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sometimes it can be in a really small detail. I remember that I had to resend package for ECA from my university, because I was doing them postman (paying for the postal fee and taking the envelope to the post office) and I put on one small document my signature.
Officially it was stated as a package sent by myself and I only understood what exactly trigged it upon asking in ICAS.

So sometimes just one little detail (for example not translated notary public statement) can trigger whole rejection process.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Important question,
wherever you have used copied to be translated, were those certified copies or just copies as such.
A certified copy bear additional info from notary public (or lawyer or organisation in your country that does this official service). That info states that the notary confirm, that the copy and original are identical and no alternations were made.
In my case I was always using such copies when sending them to translation to the official translator.

Here are the exact steps I did:

1. I took my original document and went to the notary public.
2. They made copy there and then stamped on the back of the copy (or on separate paper that was bound and seal with the copy after). The stamp was confirming the true certified copy.
3. I took my copy to the certified translator.
4. She translated whole document (including stamp from the notary public) and added translator affidavit (translator clause).
5. She sealed together certified copy of my document and her translation and affidavit
6. I scanned all pages of the new bundled document (the package she made in point 5). (actually I made pictures instead, but it is same as to scan).
7. I made my scans into PDF and made 1 PDF where more than 1 document needed to be put in 1 slot
8. I uploaded my PDF into the requested slot.
No, I didnt give them copy to be translated. I gave the translator company original document for this job. The translator company has a office in Delhi's downtown. I got back the original after the translation job was over. This is what they did -

1. They scanned the original document in color. After that they printed the same in two format - one black & white print and second was the color print.

2. In the black & white print, the translator company stamped and signed the document with blue ink. The seal is of translation company and signature is of "prop/Auth sign". No wordings and no extra stamp.

3. After this, they translated the document in English in the letter head of the translation company. The letter head has their name, registration number, ISO certification (ISO 9001:2015 certified), complete address, mobile phone number, landline phone number, email ID, skype ID and website. In the translated document at the bottom, the translation company added the affidavit of true & accurate translation. The same is stamped and signed the document with blue. The seal is of translation company and signature is of "prop/Auth sign".

4. Then they got the affidavit of the translator in the letter head of the translation company. The same is verified by the "prop/Auth sign" of the translator company. The same is stamped and signed the document with blue.

5. After this, they went to public notary office. Generally, these are in civil and criminal court (lower court and higher court of justice). The public notary saw the original, black & white black signed by the translator company and then stamped the following -

A. The colored print of the original birth certificate. The notary public seal (stamp in blue). This seal gives his name, registration number, advocate in court, govnt. of India. The notary public put another seal (stamp in blue) - Attested Notary Public Delhi India and date. In this space the notary public signed with the blue ink. The notary public also added the following stamps - Certified True Copy, Birth Certificate and Valid Outside India.

B. The notary public also stamped, signed and dated the original translation in the # 3 and affidavit in # 4.

I got the four documents and scanned them in color. The same was attached to the application at the time of AOR.

What do you think?

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
In my case, there was no need of translation of the stamp of the notary public, as it was in English and very much readable. All the translation, affidavit and colored print of the original is stamped and signed by the notary pubic in English.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my case, there was no need of translation of the stamp of the notary public, as it was in English and very much readable. All the translation, affidavit and colored print of the original is stamped and signed by the notary pubic in English.
Recheck the PDF file, if it was just 1 file and if it contained all pages and was less than 4 MB. If all was correct you can fight back and ask for recheck your file.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Recheck the PDF file, if it was just 1 file and if it contained all pages and was less than 4 MB. If all was correct you can fight back and ask for recheck your file.
Well, my case is not rejected. My AOR is June 4, 2017.

After seeing this thread, we are discussing the need of the copy of the original document along with the translation and will it lead to rejection?

It is not clear (rather confusing) on what should be done for the translation of the document, if in Canada or outside.

I am outside Canada (FSWO) and my son's BC was translated into English. I have provided those four documents except the copy of the original (as it was not stated) in one file and the file size is less than 4 MB. I can see that it is successfully uploaded.

Since, you have also provided the certified true copies of the original document for few translation along with the translated version, I feel my application is safe.

As such, I have raised the CSE on June 8 with a LOE and scan copy of the original BC in color. If the same gets attached to my application before the VO starts working on my application, then it would be great.

Thank you for sharing your candid experience on translation.

Modmad

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Hey Modmad,

Could you please let us know on the progress in your case? Did you get the reply of the CSE raised by you/your lawyer? By the way, where you got these documents translated? Was it in Canada or Iran? How many documents? Was it only marriage certificate or some more?

I dont see any information about the "affidavit" by the translator in your post. Was affidavit provided along with the translation?

Thank you in advance!
I've received no answer so far for CSE. I even tried to call them but could not connect to anybody after 25 minutes of waiting on the phone. Unfortunatly no feedback from CIC.
Regarding you questions, I traslated all docs in Iran exactly according to CIC requierments. The affidavit has been provided as well.
As I said CIC stated that the rejection was because of "MISSING ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE" however they also clearly stated that they hadn't checked other documents then. So this does not mean that other docs were OK.
I am still wondering what does "ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS" mean in an online system?!!!!
Probably, I should have thrust my Persian marriage cert. Into my CD-ROM!!!!!!

Modmad

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
My lawyer uploaded them, not me. Where did you see the limits of 4 MB for files in CIC website?

Modmad

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
I had same experience....My application was rejected for same reason. Did you uploaded marriage certificate which is in your native language.?
According to them you need to upload the original one as well as the certified copy.
I only uploaded the certified translation and the certified photocopies of the original (Persian) documents. 2 questions comes up.
1-what do you mean by "uploading marriage cert."? Do you mean a color scan of it? If so, no I did not
2- according to "them"? Who do you mean by "them"?
I really appreciate if you share your info with me as we seem very similarly rejected.

Modmad

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
And here's CIC guidance from -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

There are 4 things - the three bullet points + the copy of the original document.

Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
I already knew that. As I said CIC rejected the case for "MISSING ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE". No where, it is stated that "ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE" must be uploaded. ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE is absolutely meaningless in an online system!

Modmad

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I've been reading what happened, I'm really shocked! And now this got me worried, my marriage certificate is also stating that it's a certified copy, it's colored, ratified with stamps and signatures from all possible entities: court, ministry of justice and ministry of foreign affairs, would this be a problem to them?

I'm from Syria and you know that it's almost impossible to go back there to do anything!

Please help.

Thanks.
I really hope that your case doesn't get rejection. However you exactly did what I had done. I got rejection. If you get rejection too, please let us know as it proves that a simple color scan of documents must accompany the translations and certified copies. If you dont get rejection, then it shows there had been another problem in my documents. Really appericiate your reply and update and hope you never have to get back to Syria again.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
That is my question too and nobody could answer so far
Because certified copy proves the authenticity of the original! They cant read whats on the original but they can see it is the original that was then translated if you provide certified copy you see.

Modmad

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Because certified copy proves the authenticity of the original! They cant read whats on the original but they can see it is the original that was then translated if you provide certified copy you see.
I know the reason for certified copy. I dont understand why they need a scan of original?! A certified copy is much more reliable than a simple copy(scan). It is rediculous if they only needed a color scan as well. So my case rejected because a color scan must be provided not a black and white?!!!!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
I know the reason for certified copy. I dont understand why they need a scan of original?! A certified copy is much more reliable than a simple copy(scan). It is rediculous if they only needed a color scan as well. So my case rejected because a color scan must be provided not a black and white?!!!!
Probably! They need the original so they can compare it wth certified copy.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
For a diploma translated by the school itself, does it still need to be translated by a professional translator? The school registrar won't issue an affidavit because the translated diploma already got the wording "Certified Translation of the Original Diploma" with the university registrar's name/signature, date and school dry seal.