22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Okay. Thank you for clarification.

How is your application moving. Is medical passed?
Im expecting Medical to pass around end of the month, im 22 April AOR. Still 2 weeks to go!

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Dear seniors and all reading this thread,

I would like you guys to deliberate on this paragraph written by IRCC/CIC. The link is -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The heading is Translation of documents

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
The questions are - why there are two statements?
The first statement says - copy of original and version translated by a certified translator. Who is certified translator? It is answered on the glossary web page. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#certified_translator

Certified translator
A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada.

So first statement is related to if the document is translated using a certified translator in Canada. Then copy of original document and translated version are needed.

However, if the translation is not done in Canada....then...the second statement...where an individual needs to give
Please let me know your thoughts/views....

Thank you!

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Dear seniors and all reading this thread,

I would like you guys to deliberate on this paragraph written by IRCC/CIC. The link is -

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

The heading is Translation of documents

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

The questions are - why there are two statements?
The first statement says - copy of original and version translated by a certified translator. Who is certified translator? It is answered on the glossary web page. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#certified_translator

Certified translator
A member in good standing of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada.

So first statement is related to if the document is translated using a certified translator in Canada. Then copy of original document and translated version are needed.

However, if the translation is not done in Canada....then...the second statement...where an individual needs to give

Please let me know your thoughts/views....

Thank you!
As you can see this whole thread is about translation and about our fustration and misunderstanding about the requirements of translation. Poor guy, who started this thread was refused because of missing original documents. Many of us understand the IRCC explanation differently and this misunderstanding might causes rejection. I am in Canada, I can get translation by ATIO, which is certified organization. But at this organization, different translator understand the IRCC's requirement differently.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Hey Modmad,

Could you please let us know on the progress in your case? Did you get the reply of the CSE raised by you/your lawyer? By the way, where you got these documents translated? Was it in Canada or Iran? How many documents? Was it only marriage certificate or some more?

I dont see any information about the "affidavit" by the translator in your post. Was affidavit provided along with the translation?

Thank you in advance!

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Certified true copies of these documents are accepted, so no worries there. Only case where you shall upload scanned original in color is for PCC (there it does not make much sense to upload copies anyway).
Hey Vensak,

Could you please help here? You wrote that certified true copies of the documents are acceptable along with the translation. In-fact that is what is written in the bullet points under the translation's heading. Did you also submitted something in translation?

And yes, IRCC is very vocal about the scan of the original police certificate and that too in color. They have categorically written that certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable.

"Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete"

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is what I was submitting in my case:
1. PCC - scan (photo) of originals in color + plus certified translation where needed. The translation included so called translator clause - that it was official translator for that language (see the comment for affidavit)
2. Marriage certificate. I have 2 (because I married a foreigner outside of my country I needed to legalize it so I needed local equivalent as well). For the one that was not in EN or FR I have submitted certified copy (copy with official writing, that this is a true and certified copy)
3. For my diplomas - I have provided certified copy with translation for the Slovak one and scan of original for the French one.
4. For the additional information to the work experience (my duties and my salary were on separated document), wherever I did not have English / French original, I have used certified copies and official translations.

Whenever I was using certified copy, whole document was translated - including the comment from the lawyer stating that this was the certified copy.

Wehn submitting I have made just 1 pdf file for each slot and I made sure, that it was less than 4mb and that documents are still readable and none is missing.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
1. PCC - scan (photo) of originals in color + plus certified translation where needed. The translation included so called translator clause - that it was official translator for that language (see the comment for affidavit)
2. Marriage certificate. I have 2 (because I married a foreigner outside of my country I needed to legalize it so I needed local equivalent as well). For the one that was not in EN or FR I have submitted certified copy (copy with official writing, that this is a true and certified copy)
3. For my diplomas - I have provided certified copy with translation for the Slovak one and scan of original for the French one.
4. For the additional information to the work experience (my duties and my salary were on separated document), wherever I did not have English / French original, I have used certified copies and official translations.

Whenever I was using certified copy, whole document was translated - including the comment from the lawyer stating that this was the certified copy.

Wehn submitting I have made just 1 pdf file for each slot and I made sure, that it was less than 4mb and that documents are still readable and none is missing.
2. Did you provide original of Marriage certiificate too?
3. And the original for the Slovak one?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
2. Did you provide original of Marriage certiificate too?
3. And the original for the Slovak one?
I have provided certified copy of my Slovak marriage certificate only (it was black and white copy with statemen of the notary on the back side that this is the true copy of the original document.) All was translated by a certified translator.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
I have provided certified copy of my Slovak marriage certificate only (it was black and white copy with statemen of the notary on the back side that this is the true copy of the original document.) All was translated by a certified translator.
Im asking because OP was refused for not providing the original Marriage certificate. And I see you have PPR already.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016

Thank you mate for the response and providing clarifications. Much appreciated. You have helped me significantly.

I have done the same thing like yours. My case is related to the translation of my son's birth certificate, which was in my native language Hindi. I used the English translation for the same. I provided the same -

1. Photocopy of birth certificate inked signed by the translator and his official seal. (To prove that this is the document they have translated) - The translator took the xerox of the original birth certificate, stamped it with his office seal and signed with blue ink/color. I have taken the colored scan of the same. So, the birth certificate content is in black & white and stamp and signature are in blue color.

2. Translation in English - with the same inked signature and seal as above of translator, another seal as "Certified Translation", inked signature of the notary public, seal of the notary public and date.

3. Affidavit of translation - with the same inked signature and seal as above of translator, inked signature of the same notary public, seal of the notary public and date.

4. Colored scan of the birth certificate - with the inked signature of the same notary public, seal of the notary public and date. It also has additional seal - Certified True Copy, Birth Certificate and Valid Outside India.

Please let me know your views on my case. As such, in this goof up and confusion I have also raised the CSE and provided the copy of the original birth certificate, without any stamps. As such in my country, certified true copy with notarisation is given more preference and legitimacy compared to copy of the original.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you mate for the response and providing clarifications. Much appreciated. You have helped me significantly.

I have done the same thing like yours. My case is related to the translation of my son's birth certificate, which was in my native language Hindi. I used the English translation for the same. I provided the same -

1. Photocopy of birth certificate inked signed by the translator and his official seal. (To prove that this is the document they have translated) - The translator took the xerox of the original birth certificate, stamped it with his office seal and signed with blue ink/color. I have taken the colored scan of the same. So, the birth certificate content is in black & white and stamp and signature are in blue color.

2. Translation in English - with the same inked signature and seal as above of translator, another seal as "Certified Translation", inked signature of the notary public, seal of the notary public and date.

3. Affidavit of translation - with the same inked signature and seal as above of translator, inked signature of the same notary public, seal of the notary public and date.

4. Colored scan of the birth certificate - with the inked signature of the same notary public, seal of the notary public and date. It also has additional seal - Certified True Copy, Birth Certificate and Valid Outside India.

Please let me know your views on my case. As such, in this goof up and confusion I have also raised the CSE and provided the copy of the original birth certificate, without any stamps. As such in my country, certified true copy with notarisation is given more preference and legitimacy compared to copy of the original.
Important question,
wherever you have used copied to be translated, were those certified copies or just copies as such.
A certified copy bear additional info from notary public (or lawyer or organisation in your country that does this official service). That info states that the notary confirm, that the copy and original are identical and no alternations were made.
In my case I was always using such copies when sending them to translation to the official translator.

Here are the exact steps I did:

1. I took my original document and went to the notary public.
2. They made copy there and then stamped on the back of the copy (or on separate paper that was bound and seal with the copy after). The stamp was confirming the true certified copy.
3. I took my copy to the certified translator.
4. She translated whole document (including stamp from the notary public) and added translator affidavit (translator clause).
5. She sealed together certified copy of my document and her translation and affidavit
6. I scanned all pages of the new bundled document (the package she made in point 5). (actually I made pictures instead, but it is same as to scan).
7. I made my scans into PDF and made 1 PDF where more than 1 document needed to be put in 1 slot
8. I uploaded my PDF into the requested slot.