Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Hi, if a translation has been accepted by OINP, is it possible to be rejected post ITA?
All my translations (By Ontario certified translator) come with a digital pack that contains:

1.Affidavit
2. Original document scan
3. Translation

Just worried after submit.
Does the "2. original document scan" have stamp or signature by the translator? That should be the copy which I am speaking about.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the "2. original document scan" have stamp or signature by the translator? That should be the copy which I am speaking about.
No, it is a scan they do. I have been asking and seems most of the translators in Canada do it in that way.

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, if a translation has been accepted by OINP, is it possible to be rejected post ITA?
All my translations (By Ontario certified translator) come with a digital pack that contains:

1.Affidavit
2. Original document scan
3. Translation

Just worried after submit.

I have 2 questions:
1. Is the certified translator registered with govt bodies? His stamps having professional association code/membership number or something?
2. The scan document has been stamped?

The translators must have been doing fine as they are registered in Canada, but for me I have to take CIC words for it.

Read the references below and you will know what I mean. I pray that your things work, but as long as I am concerned I can not advice you wrong and put yourself in problems.

1...Read the translation section:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp
2... Read here what you should provide for a non English document:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=018&top=4

3... Scroll up a bit and Look for "Certified English or French translations"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#certified_photocopy

I could think of certified translators in Canada may have special provision, and if so, I am not aware of this.

4 ... I have also reached a policy page for translations, which is for citizenship applications, where they are not asking for such document, but again it is meant for citizenship.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/translation.asp

You have been asked this question multiple times, I don't mean to discourage you if you are trying to clear your confusions, but I feel you are looking for someone who says that what you have done is right! Most of the others and I myself have the opinion that you will need a certified copy by the translator, (read the link 3 above). You just have to ask your translator to put a stamp on your scanned document saying it is the true copy of the original and send it through CSE. You don't need to have the physical document, send them a scan, ask them to stamp and scan, and email it to you.

All advises are to stay on safe side, and I am not here to challenge the knowledge of professionals (Ontario certified translators here) who know what they are doing. This is your call.

Good Luck with whatever you do.

Reactions: sandra02 and chente

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 2 questions:
1. Is the certified translator registered with govt bodies? His stamps having professional association code/membership number or something?
2. The scan document has been stamped?

The translators must have been doing fine as they are registered in Canada, but for me I have to take CIC words for it.

Read the references below and you will know what I mean. I pray that your things work, but as long as I am concerned I can not advice you wrong and put yourself in problems.

1...Read the translation section:
2... Read here what you should provide for a non English document:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=018&top=4

3... Scroll up a bit and Look for "Certified English or French translations"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#certified_photocopy

I could think of certified translators in Canada may have special provision, and if so, I am not aware of this.

4 ... I have also reached a policy page for translations, which is for citizenship applications, where they are not asking for such document, but again it is meant for citizenship.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/translation.asp

You have been asked this question multiple times, I don't mean to discourage you if you are trying to clear your confusions, but I feel you are looking for someone who says that what you have done is right! Most of the others and I myself have the opinion that you will need a certified copy by the translator, (read the link 3 above). You just have to ask your translator to put a stamp on your scanned document saying it is the true copy of the original and send it through CSE. You don't need to have the physical document, send them a scan, ask them to stamp and scan, and email it to you.

All advises are to stay on safe side, and I am not here to challenge the knowledge of professionals (Ontario certified translators here) who know what they are doing. This is your call.

Good Luck with whatever you do.
Thanks a lot for your reply. I am not looking for someone who says that this is correct, I have actually found others using the same kind of translation and the PR was approved (they also did it by translation companies in Canada, some through the same company), I am actually looking for some rejected case.

About your question:
1. Yes
2. No

I have read all that links before, and that's why I asked them. But they keep saying that this digital pack is enough for the application.

Anyway, I think I will try what you say of getting the original documents I have translated a certified copy and send it through CSE.

Thanks again!

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
This translation stuff has gone crazy. It is high time, IRCC should release the clear guidelines on the same.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
This translation stuff has gone crazy. It is high time, IRCC should release the clear guidelines on the same.
F yeah.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Do you know I realised 2 days ago I am missing my certified copy for additional PC I sent! Hilarious! And all because court ofiicers/translators all work on different ways! There is no consistency anywhere.
The translator did swore that the translation matches original and she swore on it but didnt copy the original so I sent a CSE again 2 days ago including a certified copy of the original. I dont know if the translators words are enough to prove CIC I provided an original document! My God, what will come out of this! I wonder. This is a mess.

Reactions: chente

farazafzal

Aug 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC has Crystal Clear Guidelines !! Like @astralsource pointed out, all of these translators work differently, giving rise to many problems. We need to educate and clarify this to OUR OWNSELF, so that we let these translators know that what we are looking for, and if they can provide.

You can not ask more clear guidelines than what they have provided.

My 2 cents !

Reactions: sandra02

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you know I realised 2 days ago I am missing my certified copy for additional PC I sent! Hilarious! And all because court ofiicers/translators all work on different ways! There is no consistency anywhere.
The translator did swore that the translation matches original and she swore on it but didnt copy the original so I sent a CSE again 2 days ago including a certified copy of the original. I dont know if the translators words are enough to prove CIC I provided an original document! My God, what will come out of this! I wonder. This is a mess.
That is exaclty what I got.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
That is exaclty what I got.
Just so you know a guy from my country who went to that translator uploaded exactly like me and passed R10 so they accepted it! And he probably did all the other documents like that! But then again, it depends on the agent. So we can say this is enough but we did not exactly did as CIC asked. Every court officer/translator works differently but in the end they do know their job! I hope!

Last edited:

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just so you know a guy from my country who went to that translator uploaded exactly like me and passed R10 so they accepted it! And he proably did all the other documents like that! But then again, it depends on the agent. So we can say this is enough but we did not exactly did as CIC asked. Every court officer/translator works differently but in the end they do know their job! I hope!
Yeah, I got friends who got the PR using the same format of translation, with no certified copy but only the original. The point is why they accept it if in their requirements have a clear "must" on the certified copy. I will try to get certified copies from the 4 translated documents I submitted and send them through CSE.

Reactions: astralsource

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just so you know a guy from my country who went to that translator uploaded exactly like me and passed R10 so they accepted it! And he probably did all the other documents like that! But then again, it depends on the agent. So we can say this is enough but we did not exactly did as CIC asked. Every court officer/translator works differently but in the end they do know their job! I hope!
In which stage do you know that you passed R10?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Yeah, I got friends who got the PR using the same format of translation, with no certified copy but only the original. The point is why they accept it if in their requirements have a clear "must" on the certified copy. I will try to get certified copies from the 4 translated documents I submitted and send them through CSE.
I dont know.. I guess they accept it because they know translators work in 2 ways, either they swear that translation matches the original or it matches the certified copy. Maybe that what is written below by the translator is important, the wording. I know certified copy is far more direct in proving the authenticity of the original, but they obviously risk fraud when approving docs without certified copies. In a way, its the agent's good will???

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
In which stage do you know that you passed R10?
In the same time Medical passes, or few days after - first BG check, IP1 starts . It lasts about 7-15 days. When it turns to NA it means docs are good. I would says 70-75 days from AOR.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
IRCC has Crystal Clear Guidelines !! Like @astralsource pointed out, all of these translators work differently, giving rise to many problems. We need to educate and clarify this to OUR OWNSELF, so that we let these translators know that what we are looking for, and if they can provide.

You can not ask more clear guidelines than what they have provided.

My 2 cents !
Sorry, I have difference of opinion. The guidelines are not clear.

Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
The above two statements highlighted in colors are two absolute separate statements. They have not connected both with an linking word/phrase. If you see the first line of both the statements are same - "If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with"

Why they have repeated the same?

Always keep in your considerations that bullet points catches more attention. They could have easily added a small sentence as a fourth bullet - Copy of the original document.

If you consider the guidelines are clear - why CIC had to write ""Certified True Copies" and unauthorised copies are unacceptable for PCC? This is called clear guidelines (Something do's and dont's). They could have written in translation section that if copy of the original is not provided and then it will lead to rejection of application. Please check the below wordings.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
For your reference, CIC does accept the scan copies of other documents like Marriage Certificate, Education Certificates etc (if it is in English) with a notarized stamps.

Thank you!