Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
If after reading few translation related threads on CV, and applicants are raising the CSE for one or other reasons, then this is quite obvious that guidelines are not clear from IRCC.

I had raised the CSE to provide the copy of the original document (without any stamps).

As such, I have provided two copies of the original -

1. Photocopy of birth certificate inked signed by the translator and his official seal. (To prove that this is the document they have translated) - The translator took the xerox of the original birth certificate, stamped it with his office seal and signed with blue ink/color. I have taken the colored scan of the same. So, the birth certificate content is in black & white and stamp and signature are in blue color.

2. Colored scan of the birth certificate - with the inked signature of the notary public, seal of the notary public and date. It also has additional seal - Certified True Copy, Birth Certificate and Valid Outside India.

Also, I had provided the translation (notarized) and affidavit (notarized)-

3. Translation in English - with the same inked signature and seal as above of translator, another seal as "Certified Translation", inked signature of the notary public, seal of the notary public and date. (This is on the letter head of the translation company. (The letter head has their name, registration number, ISO certification (ISO 9001:2015 certified), complete address, mobile phone number, landline phone number, email ID, skype ID and website.)

4. Affidavit of translation - with the same inked signature and seal as above of translator, inked signature of the same notary public, seal of the notary public and date.(This is on the letter head of the translation company. (The letter head has their name, registration number, ISO certification (ISO 9001:2015 certified), complete address, mobile phone number, landline phone number, email ID, skype ID and website.)

Now only god knows the following -

1. If my CSE will reach them on time.
2. Case officer will consider my CSE and add the copy of the original
3. Or case officer may consider and will approve my application with whatever the four documents I have provided at the time of AOR.
4. Or refuse the application taking the shadow of "Incomplete document"

Last edited:
Reactions: sandra02

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
No, it is a scan they do. I have been asking and seems most of the translators in Canada do it in that way.
I got stamped and signed (not notarized) copies of the original by the translators, here in Canada. They just stamped, signed and wrote that this is the document what they saw and translated. I have translation from German and Hungarian and both translators did absolutely the same way.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
People! I did not have the certified copy of my PC, only original and translation as I explained in this thread and passed R10! You are good. @chente

Reactions: chente and sandra02

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
If after reading few translation related threads on CV, and applicants are raising the CSE for one or other reasons, then this is quite obvious that guidelines are not clear from IRCC.

I had raised the CSE to provide the copy of the original document (without any stamps).

As such, I have provided two copies of the original -

1. Photocopy of birth certificate inked signed by the translator and his official seal. (To prove that this is the document they have translated) - The translator took the xerox of the original birth certificate, stamped it with his office seal and signed with blue ink/color. I have taken the colored scan of the same. So, the birth certificate content is in black & white and stamp and signature are in blue color.

2. Colored scan of the birth certificate - with the inked signature of the notary public, seal of the notary public and date. It also has additional seal - Certified True Copy, Birth Certificate and Valid Outside India.

Also, I had provided the translation (notarized) and affidavit (notarized)-

3. Translation in English - with the same inked signature and seal as above of translator, another seal as "Certified Translation", inked signature of the notary public, seal of the notary public and date. (This is on the letter head of the translation company. (The letter head has their name, registration number, ISO certification (ISO 9001:2015 certified), complete address, mobile phone number, landline phone number, email ID, skype ID and website.)

4. Affidavit of translation - with the same inked signature and seal as above of translator, inked signature of the same notary public, seal of the notary public and date.(This is on the letter head of the translation company. (The letter head has their name, registration number, ISO certification (ISO 9001:2015 certified), complete address, mobile phone number, landline phone number, email ID, skype ID and website.)

Now only god knows the following -

1. If my CSE will reach them on time.
2. Case officer will consider my CSE and add the copy of the original
3. Or case officer may consider and will approve my application with whatever the four documents I have provided at the time of AOR.
4. Or refuse the application taking the shadow of "Incomplete document"
1. It will cause I know you sent it several days after AOR like I did! It takes 6 weeks to get the docs uploaded, and I got mail notification after 7 weeks!
2. Yes he will because they are always going in your favour!
3. Nope, he will consider CSE, Im the living example
4. Nope.

Even your certified color copy is good proof, and when they receive the original too, you will be fine. Trust me.

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Sorry, I have difference of opinion. The guidelines are not clear.

Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
The above two statements highlighted in colors are two absolute separate statements. They have not connected both with an linking word/phrase. If you see the first line of both the statements are same - "If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with"

Why they have repeated the same?

Always keep in your considerations that bullet points catches more attention. They could have easily added a small sentence as a fourth bullet - Copy of the original document.

If you consider the guidelines are clear - why CIC had to write ""Certified True Copies" and unauthorised copies are unacceptable for PCC? This is called clear guidelines (Something do's and dont's). They could have written in translation section that if copy of the original is not provided and then it will lead to rejection of application. Please check the below wordings.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
For your reference, CIC does accept the scan copies of other documents like Marriage Certificate, Education Certificates etc (if it is in English) with a notarized stamps.

Thank you!
True it is totally messy! They repeat it and it seems disconnected.

Reactions: sandra02

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got stamped and signed (not notarized) copies of the original by the translators, here in Canada. They just stamped, signed and wrote that this is the document what they saw and translated. I have translation from German and Hungarian and both translators did absolutely the same way.
My translator say that can't do it, but that I should bring the documents they translated to a notary here, and do a certify copy.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry, I have difference of opinion. The guidelines are not clear.

Translation of documents
If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with a copy of the original document as well as a version translated by a certified translator.

If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document.
The above two statements highlighted in colors are two absolute separate statements. They have not connected both with an linking word/phrase. If you see the first line of both the statements are same - "If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with"

Why they have repeated the same?

Always keep in your considerations that bullet points catches more attention. They could have easily added a small sentence as a fourth bullet - Copy of the original document.

If you consider the guidelines are clear - why CIC had to write ""Certified True Copies" and unauthorised copies are unacceptable for PCC? This is called clear guidelines (Something do's and dont's). They could have written in translation section that if copy of the original is not provided and then it will lead to rejection of application. Please check the below wordings.
  • Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.
For your reference, CIC does accept the scan copies of other documents like Marriage Certificate, Education Certificates etc (if it is in English) with a notarized stamps.

Thank you!
Looks like I have read a lot of times that section and never noticed the red colour, my eyes always go directly to the bullet points.
So, did you submitted without certified copy too?

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
Looks like I have read a lot of times that section and never noticed the red colour, my eyes always go directly to the bullet points.
He submitted without plain original, with 2 copies, one of them in color.

Reactions: chente

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Actually, those scan copies were made with printout having stamps/eal and signature of the translator and notary. Otherwise, they just look like original only. There is no difference.

abasoufiane

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
16-06-2017
People! I did not have the certified copy of my PC, only original and translation as I explained in this thread and passed R10! You are good. @chente
So you.re saying it's ok, because i did the same for my marriage certificate, uploaded the original and the translation with no COPY of the original.

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually, those scan copies were made with printout having stamps/eal and signature of the translator and notary. Otherwise, they just look like original only. There is no difference.
Exactly, the ones i upload as original and the ones the translator added together with affidavit and translation are the the same, no difference.

Reactions: Pawshi

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Exactly, the ones i upload as original and the ones the translator added together with affidavit and translation are the the same, no difference.
I think, you are good. In my case, I have got one of the copy of the original document (colored scan) notarised as well from Public Notary.

After, going through this link https://taontario.ca/notary/
it appears to me that copy of the original document and certified copy of the original document (through public notary) are one of the same thing. If that is the case, then my application would also be okay.

On top of it, original translation and affidavit of the translator is also notarized by the same public notary. Dates are also same in the all the three documents - Colored copy of the original document, translation and affidavit.

Last edited:
Reactions: astralsource

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
I've received no answer so far for CSE. I even tried to call them but could not connect to anybody after 25 minutes of waiting on the phone. Unfortunatly no feedback from CIC.
Regarding you questions, I traslated all docs in Iran exactly according to CIC requierments. The affidavit has been provided as well.
As I said CIC stated that the rejection was because of "MISSING ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE" however they also clearly stated that they hadn't checked other documents then. So this does not mean that other docs were OK.
I am still wondering what does "ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS" mean in an online system?!!!!
Probably, I should have thrust my Persian marriage cert. Into my CD-ROM!!!!!!
Hi Modmad,

Were your copy of the original document certified as "Certified True Copy" by the public notary?

Thank you!

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think, you are good. In my case, I have got one of the copy of the original document (colored scan) notarised as well from Public Notary.

After, going through this link https://taontario.ca/notary/
it appears to me that copy of the original document and certified copy of the original document (through public notary) are one of the same thing. If that is the case, then my application would also be okay.

On top of it, original translation and affidavit of the translator is also notarized by the same public notary. Dates are also same in the all the three documents - Colored copy of the original document, translation and affidavit.
Thanks for your reply buddy. I also was thinking to go to a public notary to do certify copies of the documents I translated, but that wouldn't prove that this is the one the translator used, so I think the affidavit plus original plus translation is enough. Hopefully, we all will go through it!

astralsource

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2016
Croatia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-04-2017
AOR Received.
22-04-2017
Med's Request
19-06-2017
Med's Done....
13-04-2017
So you.re saying it's ok, because i did the same for my marriage certificate, uploaded the original and the translation with no COPY of the original.
I had translation+affidavit+original scanned!
Under the translation it was written: I (name, address, function of the translator) attest that the above translation corresponds to its original in the croatian language. She sealed it! So if your translator put something similar, it will be okay!