05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Friends,

Today I have received my GCMS notes.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x-ztaJ9nDkZZykAToU-qjTPwSo5ADeA6

As per my notes, review required for my funds. Is it recommended to upload new set of POF or should I wait for ADR ?

FSW-O , AOR 21st October.

Thanks
Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Hope this helps.

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
These sections are for the reference that some information might be retracted.
To check if your security has started, check the 6-7th page CLIENT DETAILS
Hi,
AOR -Oct 06/18 - FSW In
6th page shows no value against Sec with s.21 on the same page. Is I am in SS?
Except Sec everything else is tagged as "Passed" since Feb, 2019.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Hi,
AOR -Oct 06/18 - FSW In
6th page shows no value against Sec with s.21 on the same page. Is I am in SS?
Except Sec everything else is tagged as "Passed" since Feb, 2019.
S 21 talks about Status and Authorization to Enter
If your eligibility is passed it means security is on going

umer_razzaq90

Star Member
Aug 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
October 05, 2018
LANDED..........
July 03, 2019
S 21 talks about Status and Authorization to Enter
If your eligibility is passed it means security is on going
Thanks for the note above @Immigration_guru.

Yes, Eligibility is passed as of End Jan /19. Usually the Sec takes 6 month son average from the point Eligibility is reviewed/passed. Is that correct?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Sorry what I meant was SS. As for me I am in 4th month after Jan /19 (when everything including eligibility was passed).
So, is it correct on avg 6 months for SS?
The average is 2-18 months according to CBSA website whereas with my personal exp it is 2-12 weeks.
You can check the status by looking at cbsa and csis notes, this takes 40 odd days but can tell you what is going on

Reactions: umer_razzaq90

manishdamani271

Star Member
May 10, 2013
Hello,

Did you send an updated POF document? I am in the same situation.
No because I already provided the required documents to IRCC. I have nothing new to add on. ( 6 months average and current balance with bank details on bank letter head , 6 months statements, source of money info with proof ). So I am just waiting.

I did ordered GCMS notes two times. As per my notes, they have not touched my file since 8th January. Getting frustrated now.

dr.jatinder

Star Member
Apr 11, 2015
Dear All,

I just received my GCMS Notes and need your help in understanding what is happening to my file and suggestions on what to do to make the file move forward. Details of the GCMS Notes and my concerns and questions are below:

AOR – 14.10.2017; FSW-O; PA SINGLE; CRS POINTS – 459; FSW POINTS– (Should be) 72

NOTES 1

Label: EE Eligibility

Office: Centralized Intake Office

A 11.2 – CASE PROCESSING AGENT. XXXXXXXX NAME – EE FSW Having analyzed this application based on the docs submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Review Required. MI3 A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – Review Required (edoc 179X527XX) R76: SELECTION CRITERIA – FSW POINTS – Review Required FSW points total: 59 RPRF: Complete

CRS Score at ITA 459 CRS points minimum score for round: 441 CRS score at e-APR 459 / Verified CRS Score: 409. I have reviewed the following for CRS Points:

FOSS/GCMS: PA: No trace other than present application

FAMILY COMPOSITION: SINGLE. Never married. No indication of previous marriages/cl partners. No declared children.

MEDICALS: All valid for 6 months or more

PASSPORTS: All valid for 6 months or more

WORK EXPERIENCE: Lock-in Date: 2017-10-14 Primary Occupation: NOC 0122 Banking, Credit and Other Investment Managers.

EDUCATION CREDENTIAL(S) PROVIDED: Master’s degree: MPP. 2008-08 to 2011-03 –Communications Officer (NOC: 1123) – at EMPLOYER NAME – eDoc nos xxxxxx – Letter dated 2014-03-16 appears to confirm employment in declared occupation throughout the specified period, and provides a job description which is consistent with the lead statement and main duties as set out in the declared NOC category. – Letter confirms salary of NGNXXXXX – Letter confirms full/time employment; CRS Foreign Work: 2 year and 8 months. FSW Work: 0 years(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year(s) – REVIEW REQUIRED CRS Foreign Work: 2 years 8 months of 3 year(S) – REVIEW REQUIRED

NOTES 4

REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION NOS: XXXXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based on the docs submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 441 CRS SCORE: 459 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Review Notes for Representative: Does NOT have Representative. PA Medical attached to UCI: Yes. Client Fees: Verified ----- LANGUAGES ----- PA 1 –English-IELTS – Met Threshold – Verified-----EDUCATION---- PA 1-ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Masters degree . Foreign credential provided ----- POLICE CERT----- PA 1 – Germany PCC: provided NRT. 2 Nigeria PCC – NRT. PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note. Recommendation: Review Required. Docs set for review: Client information ---- AGE ---- Applicant’s age reviewed and no changes from ITA to e-APR

Some Background:

1. I am using 3 different NOCs for my FSW application having worked in 3 different roles at 2 different institutions over the past 10 years.

2. Only the details of 1 NOC (NOC 1123) are detailed in NOTES 1 above whilst the other (bolded at the top) has review required written by the CASE ANALYST against it. Please what is the implication of this? What could be the possible problem they have with this employment record?

3. Why the drop in my Verified CRS points (from 459 to 409?) and in my FSW points (from 72 to 59?)

@legalfalcon @g126 and other forum gurus please come to the rescue.
Hi , I read your notes... I am in the exact same position....Crs 459....but agent assessed 409....FSW points 59.....Review required r75 r76.....and for documents related to self-employment ( 2yrs and 3 months).....he didn't took this period in account for crs.......WANT TO ASK , HAVE YOU GOT YOU PPR AND HOW MUCH TIME IT TOOK???????plz do reply

Reactions: Sacur

khalidr

Star Member
May 29, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon , Nov 27 AOR. Got GCMS and says review required for Foreign work experience. They are able to confirm 1.2 years of foreign experience out of necessary 2 years. I have never claimed points for 2 years. Just 1.2 years where duties are matching with noc and employers verified. Should I raise a webform and tell them that I claimed work ex for only 1 year which is minimum and not 2 years. Need your help members please

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , Nov 27 AOR. Got GCMS and says review required for Foreign work experience. They are able to confirm 1.2 years of foreign experience out of necessary 2 years. I have never claimed points for 2 years. Just 1.2 years where duties are matching with noc and employers verified. Should I raise a webform and tell them that I claimed work ex for only 1 year which is minimum and not 2 years. Need your help members please

I wrote a post on RR, reposting it here:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

mani@

Feb 17, 2018
IRCC sends application to CSIS for the security check in batches and then as these batches are cleared, the PPR is also issued in batches. This is why when the PPR is issued you will see that a "batch mail was sent" is seen on the GCMS notes. You file after the eligibility has been added to this batch. Now how many applications are in each batch, are they made as per the FSW, CES etc. is the internal working of IRCC and is not known or published. The is the best I can state, unless some other member here has some intricate information.
Hi legal falcon.....i applied for paper pr on june 4 2018..and everything was passed on june 10 2019 as per call centre agent but no DM yet...
But people who applied after me and passed security after me all got ppr same day after security....
For me they say final review is prending from last 20 days ..is this normal???

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Hello People

I hope you all are doing good.

I received my GCMS notes last night and it's ine hell of confusing note system I would say. Or I am not having understanding of the same.

So I request your help.
It's 131 page document, in which I can only see repeat activity of qualification,in process and then again qualification.

The only usefull info I could sort out was the officers comment attaching screenshot of the same:

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2019/03/13 22:38:59
Created By:
Updated Date: 2019/03/13 22:39:03
Updated By:
Restricted: No
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: E001356916 REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this
application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and
note the following. MIN.SCORE: 439 CRS SCORE: 460 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI
Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Dep 1 Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical
Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 1 Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees:
Verified LANGUAGES Principal Applicant English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse English
IELTS and Verified EDUCATION Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website;
foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) Foreign credential provided Spouse ECA
report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency
Summary reported by issuing agency as Five years of professional study in dentistry Foreign credential
provided POLICE CERTIFICATE Primary Applicant India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK
Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation:
Pass Criminality AGE Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR

The funny thing is these comments are from March. My case decision is pending on 31st July 2019. So since last 4months these has been no progress.

I don't know, what to make of it.

Can anyone help with the same.

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
I have almost exactly the same notes and I also received my AOR on the 439 ITA. Quite interesting,

Basically you and I have passed criminality but eligibility and security were not started as per the date of the review (for you, as of March 13th)

You may (as I have, yesterday) order a second set of notes to see what has happened in the past month,

Good luck

Hello People

I hope you all are doing good.

I received my GCMS notes last night and it's ine hell of confusing note system I would say. Or I am not having understanding of the same.

So I request your help.
It's 131 page document, in which I can only see repeat activity of qualification,in process and then again qualification.

The only usefull info I could sort out was the officers comment attaching screenshot of the same:

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2019/03/13 22:38:59
Created By:
Updated Date: 2019/03/13 22:39:03
Updated By:
Restricted: No
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: E001356916 REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this
application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and
note the following. MIN.SCORE: 439 CRS SCORE: 460 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI
Spouse Application Promoted: New UCI Dep 1 Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical
Attached to UCI: Yes Spouse Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Dep 1 Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees:
Verified LANGUAGES Principal Applicant English- IELTS and Met Threshold & Verified Spouse English
IELTS and Verified EDUCATION Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website;
foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as
Bachelor's degree (four years) and postgraduate diploma (one year) Foreign credential provided Spouse ECA
report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency
Summary reported by issuing agency as Five years of professional study in dentistry Foreign credential
provided POLICE CERTIFICATE Primary Applicant India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK
Recommendation: Pass Criminality Spouse India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation:
Pass Criminality AGE Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR

The funny thing is these comments are from March. My case decision is pending on 31st July 2019. So since last 4months these has been no progress.

I don't know, what to make of it.

Can anyone help with the same.