+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

understanding GCMS notes

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
I have almost exactly the same notes and I also received my AOR on the 439 ITA. Quite interesting,

Basically you and I have passed criminality but eligibility and security were not started as per the date of the review (for you, as of March 13th)

You may (as I have, yesterday) order a second set of notes to see what has happened in the past month,

Good luck
Hi

Thanks for your response. I get it, however security and eligibility are to be checked by CIC. I don see any issue on these two fronts. Though it is sad to see there has been no movement post my biomatric submission.

Also my application is due on 31st July, so I don't know 2nd set of notes would make any sense now. As it will again take 30 days.

Also I received my GCMS on 10th, so I don't think 2nd set will show any different comments.

Spotted

Nov 27, 2018
Kenya
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2019
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Passport Req..
26-09-2019
Hi

Also my application is due on 31st July, so I don't know 2nd set of notes would make any sense now. As it will again take 30 days.
Yes, if you are in the 80% of applications received in the first 6 months, no need to reorder. But what if you are one of the late ones? Don't you want to know whats going on?

Hi

Also I received my GCMS on 10th, so I don't think 2nd set will show any different comments.
Its not about when they are received, its about when they are ordered. For you, they 'froze' your file on 13th March to give you all the information up until that date. If you were to order again today, they would 'freeze' your file as of 12th July and give you all information up until that date. So why wouldn't it show any new comments? Only in the scenario where nothing has happened on your file since the last order. And if nothing has happened, wouldn't you want to know? I would.

Anyway, its your choice whether to reorder or not of course. I just wanted to correct what I thought are incorrect assumptions.

Good luck!

Spotted.

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
Yes, if you are in the 80% of applications received in the first 6 months, no need to reorder. But what if you are one of the late ones? Don't you want to know whats going on?

Its not about when they are received, its about when they are ordered. For you, they 'froze' your file on 13th March to give you all the information up until that date. If you were to order again today, they would 'freeze' your file as of 12th July and give you all information up until that date. So why wouldn't it show any new comments? Only in the scenario where nothing has happened on your file since the last order. And if nothing has happened, wouldn't you want to know? I would.

Anyway, its your choice whether to reorder or not of course. I just wanted to correct what I thought are incorrect assumptions.

Good luck!

Spotted.
I get your point. I submitted my documents on 31st Jan 2019. So I am sure it will be in 80% category.

However I will wait till 31st July.

Let's see how it goes.

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018

Good luck!

Spotted.
No that's not the case I did not order by GCMS on 13th March. I ordered it on 12th June. As per the notes the last update on note is PReUV verified.

So again ordering will not help in my case, I believe.

indiabull

Oct 10, 2018
canada
Category........
NOC Code......
ANALYST RECOMMENDATION: Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: FOR OFFICER REVIEW: PA APPEARS TO MEEET REQUIREMENTS. REVIEW REQUIRED: STATUTORY QUESTIONS. PA & SPOUSE WKS WILL EXPIRE ON 2019-05-23 PA HAS THESE TWO WORK PERMIT EXTENSIONS IN PROGTESE. A11.2: Appears Met R87.1:CEC MINIMUM REQUIRMENTS - Appears Met RPRF: Complete

What can i make out of this? Can anyone help please

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Hi guys,

I have been desperate since July 24, and I am looking for help. On that day, I was told by a call agent that my eligibility failed. I have also confirmed with Mr.Goodale to know my eligibility was not met on Aug 6. I used to thought it was my Letter of Employment Issue, so I proactively submitted LOEs on July 29 (they received on Aug 7).

Until yesterday, I received my first notes ordered on June 12 (Yes, 61 days) and I was so confused...in the Note section (last a few pages), the Case Analyst gave me “recommended pass” on March 19 with all detailed comments, and there was seemingly no issue by the Program Assistant. It seems everything is verified and fine.

But, in the Application section, the status of eligibility changed from “recommended pass” -> “passed” -> “not started” ->...-> “failed”.

Also, in the Activity section, the status of 11.2-EE MI changed to "not met" and Selection-EE Econ became "failed"

ASSESSMENTS on P2
Eligibility: Failed
Security: Not started
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs:
Final:
(This should be updated on June 2, since this is the date shows on P1 "Update Date" and by whose ID is different than the Case Analyst and the Program Assistant).

Both Applicaiton and Activity sections have no comments and no dates, but just how many times they ran checking...

As you may want to see what they wrote in my notes:

https://ibb.co/bB1zBq5

https://ibb.co/bzqdmX8

https://ibb.co/FwVwNbR

I will call the agent next Friday, since the one I called on July 24 told me that she would send an inquiry request (but would take 30 days) regarding my eligibility failed details. In the meanwhile, I am waiting for my second set of notes ordered on July 24, and hopefully, it won't take 61 days to get them this time.

What should I do next? and any other experts are more than welcome to share your thoughts.

Thank you a lot!!!

andybal

Oct 14, 2018
recieved my notes today. It says security not started and info sharing in progress. Its been more than 8 months. Why have not they started security check yet. Any ideas.

AGill22

Star Member
Nov 16, 2018
recieved my notes today. It says security not started and info sharing in progress. Its been more than 8 months. Why have not they started security check yet. Any ideas.
This only God can tell or the concerned officer.

Till then enjoy the suspense.

scottsmith26

Jun 23, 2018
Good morning / afternoon / evening all :)

Summary of my journey so far:-
  • Applied from UK
  • Submitted ITA documents in January
  • Medicals Passed in February
  • Biometrics sent & accepted February 2019

Haven't had any updates since March 2019... Due date was mid-July, but still no updates online. Ordered GCMS noted and really struggling to decrypt the PDF.

Last update on my GCMS notes below:-

Created by: xxx
Updated date: 2019/02/27
Updated by: xx
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office

REVIEW TYPE:... FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained within the file note the following. MIN.SCORE: 439 CRS SCORE: 440 Principal Application Application Promoted: New UCI Spouse Application Promoted: NEW UCI
Primary Applicant Medical attached to UCI: Yes
Spouse Medical attached to UCI: Yes
Client Fees: Verified
LANGUAGES: IELTS Met
EDUCATION: Primary account Verified & confirmed on ECA site; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site
Foreign credential provided Spouse ECA report verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Bachelor's degree Foreign credential not provided.
POLICE Certificate Primary applicant USA-FBI police certificate: Provided - NRT UK police certificate: Provided- NRT R10 OK Recommendartion: Pass Criminality --- AGE --- Applicants age reviewed and no change from ITA to e-APR.

if anyone can assist on; is this normal? Am i being too impatient? Is this looking likely to be rejected?

My life is currently on hold at the moment; so I just want to know either way... Any help / advice or comforting words are all welcome :)

Sirtee

Star Member
May 30, 2018
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Med's Request
31-05-2018
Med's Done....
04-06-2018
  1. Hey guys
    Please I need your opinion, I'm long passed my processing time but I requested GCMS Note on the 15th of August. Is it possible for me to get PPR before I get the GCMS Note? Or the GCMS Note must be issued before PPR. Because I heard GCMS Note some times are delayed beyond the stipulated 30days processing time.

Justin8819

Sep 18, 2019
Need help!!! Plz

***OFFICER REVIEW*** EE Eligibility: passed. Based on documents submitted and assessment of case analyst, I am reasonably satisfied that PA met the minimum requirement of CEC program regulations. I am satisfied that PA meets A11.2 assessment. No apparent A35/A37 concerns evident. File approved and RFV

What is going on with my application at this point? and what does Fileapproved and RFV even mean?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Need help!!! Plz

***OFFICER REVIEW*** EE Eligibility: passed. Based on documents submitted and assessment of case analyst, I am reasonably satisfied that PA met the minimum requirement of CEC program regulations. I am satisfied that PA meets A11.2 assessment. No apparent A35/A37 concerns evident. File approved and RFV

What is going on with my application at this point? and what does Fileapproved and RFV even mean?
This is the note from final officer review. Your file has been approved. RFV is request for visa or PPR. When was this note posted on gcms. You should call helpline and check if they have already sent you PPR and you somehow missed it. And also check your spam folders.

Justin8819

Sep 18, 2019
This is the note from final officer review. Your file has been approved. RFV is request for visa or PPR. When was this note posted on gcms. You should call helpline and check if they have already sent you PPR and you somehow missed it. And also check your spam folders.
Thank you for your reply. I got GCMS on Aug 17 and this note has been done since May 27, 2019. That's why I am not sure what is happening with my application. I surely gonna give a call to IRCC helpline.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you for your reply. I got GCMS on Aug 17 and this note has been done since May 27, 2019. That's why I am not sure what is happening with my application. I surely gonna give a call to IRCC helpline.
Then that means your file has been approved since May and either a PPR was sent which went to spam folder or wrong email id. Or they forgot to send one. Call them tomorrow without fail and figure out what happened. All the best!